The most important step to achieving a ”glowing” look is a dedicated skin care routine, more on that later. While some of us have skin troubles, there are steps everyone can take to help them achieve a more luminous appearance.
- Exfoliating skin in the morning with a soft wash cloth or muslin cloth using a non-drying face wash avoid foaming formulas - think creamy! (this will get rid of dead skin cells that your skin has shed overnight)
- Apply a toner like Caudalie Beauty Elixir
- Use a serum rich in antioxidants (this is the first step in moisturizing)
- Apply your daily moisturizer (if your skin feels dry after this, you are not using the right moisturizer)
- Tinted Moisturizer – choose a tinted moisturizer for a radiant/sheer finish, apply all over face using fingertips, I used Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, which is fantastic, see my review
- Under Eye Concealer – choose a creamy formulation that plays with light and does not settle into lines, I used Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer by It Cosmetics (review) , also try Bobbi Brown’s Creamy Concealer
- A Creamy Blush – the tip is to avoid powder products where you can, you want moist, sheer color- I used Korres Cheek butter in Philia Rose, also try Tarte Cheek Stains (amazing!)
- Shadow – opt for a sheer shimmering shadow in a warm tone, I am wearing Too Faced Summer Eye Collection – colors sugar sand and cocoa beach
- Highlighter – highlight cheekbones circling around to brow-bone, down the center of nose, inner corner of eyes, and on the bow of your lip – I used Jemma Kidd All Over Radiance Creme in Iced Gold, also try Benefit’s High Beam
- Powder – with a very light hand apply a small amount of powder to your t-zone only, I prefer using a soft fan brush when doing this to apply the lightest amount, choose a Micronized transluscent powder (the tops for avoiding a powdery look) I used Laura Mercier’s, also try Tarte Smooth Operator
- Set – further set the rest of your face with a makeup setting spray, I use Caudelie Beauty Elixer, or try urban decay’s all nighter
- Lips – I avoid glossy lips when doing this look and just opt for a balm, please choose whatever you wish, I am wearing Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate
Any thoughts or questions?