Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil

You might have seen some mentions of Kahina’s Argan Oil over the past month on My Lucite Dreams. I have been anxious to share with you my thoughts on this little bottle of “liquid gold”. This 100% organic argan oil has been a savior to my skin this winter. Before my review I just want to mention a few words about Kahina, argan oil, and the superior quality of their products.

What is argan oil?

Argan oil has been used for centuries by the indigenous woman of Morocco to protect their skin from the harsh desert conditions. Sourced from the nuts and antioxidant-rich byproducts of the argan tree, “argan oil is composed of a high percentage of vitamin E (more than twice as much as olive oil). The remainder of the oil is made up of 80% fatty acids, including hard to obtain Omega 6 and Omega 9 acids.”

Argan Oil can be used in a variety of ways to moisturize and treat skin conditions head to toe. The high levels of antioxidants and vitamin E help to protect skin from environmental factors, minimize fine lines, restore elasticity, improve skin tone and sooth skin irritations.

kahina-oilimage via kahina-givingbeauty.com

Kahina Giving Beauty:

Founder and CEO Katherine L’Heureux plays an active role in sourcing the nuts to be used in production of the oil. By being physically present regularly in the harvesting and production processes, Katherine ensures only top quality oil. By using nuts only with the pulp intact, Kahina produces a higher quality oil than lesser grade oils that use “goat nuts” in their production.

Kahina Giving Beauty consciously works to improve the lives of the Berber woman of Morocco who do the hard work of extracting the oil from the nut. Kahina actively supports the Berber woman by ensuring fair wages, ethical treatment and by providing the women and their communities with funding and donations.

kahina-argan-oil

The argan oil is housed in violet glass packaging to preserve the integrity of the nutrients and antioxidants of the oil. A glass dropper dispenses the oil, keeping the bottle free on any contamination, as well as allowing you more control of how much you use. You will be amazed at how much just one drop will do. To me, the oil has a light scent slightly reminiscent of olive oil.

Kahina’s Argan oil can be used in a number of ways on the face, hair and body. I find it extremely versatile and beneficial at a variety of tasks. I continue to find uses for this little miracle oil even after a months passing. Here is a list of some ways I use it:

• As a facial moisturizer.
  • Applied as a body oil, concentrating on areas that require a little more attention (three days to buttery smooth elbows!).
  • To moisturize hands and cuticles.
  • On hair to relieve frizz and add shine. I apply it to damp hair starting at the ends, working my way up. I also will use it after styling and to smooth fly-aways. It makes hair healthier and sleeker without weighing it down.
  • At night to moisturize my eye lashes and brows.
  • Mixed into my foundation to add some extra moisture and to allow better application, as suggested by Kahina PR. I absolutely love to use the oil this way.
  • Added to powder makeup to create cream products and to create a glow.

kahina-argain-oil-2

Kahina’s Argan oil has been nothing short of a miracle to my dry skin. I use it everyday after cleansing, with or without moisturizer. Just two drops is sufficient enough to moisturize the entire face and neck. With a pressing motion I place the oil onto my skin. It absorbs incredibly fast, imparting a glowing complexion (not greasy in any sense). My skin is intensely moisturized and any dehydration lines disappear giving me a overall more youthful appearance. In a matter of days, that dry and uncomfortable skin has gone away, along with some bumps along my jawline.

Kahina’s Argan Oil has found a place amidst my very short list of absolute must-haves. I highly recommend this oil to anyone and not just to those with dry skin. However, dry-skinned girls rejoice!

Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil comes in two sizes.

30ML – $36 – 100ML – $82

Get 15% off both sizes (argan oil only) when you use the code LUCITE15 from now til February 26th at kahina-givingbeauty.com

Disclosure: This post contains product(s) provided by pr for consideration of review. All opinions expressed are my own.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Favorite Products, Haircare, Makeup/Nails, Skincare and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil

I like Argan oil a lot, too, and there seem to be more options for it lately. I’ve never thought about adding it to foundation, though! How cool!

I use Argan oil too, but just on my face. You have motivated me to put it on my ends and in my makeup!

3. Isabelle says:

Interesting how you can mix it with your foundation! Honestly never tried that! What about the coverage when doing so?

4. I love argan oil! I’ve been using Josie Maran’s for awhile. I just got her argan cleansing oil, looooove it!

5. destausd says:

Love the fact that it can be mixed into a foundation. just wondering if this works for other oils too? like T-tree etc…

6. Great post! So interesting to read more about this as it’s been popping up everywhere!

7. Memoiselle says:

I find that oil works very well for my cuticle and body moisturizer. Argan Oil has quite a strong scent but I find the smell to be acceptable :)

• Yes, it’s amazing for cuticles! These is hardly a scent to this one, I wouldn’t be able to apply it to my fave if their was, I’m very finicky. I’m glad you find it works well for you :-)

8. kassie says:

great post, I use this oil quite a bit because it’s the only thing that keeps my hair looking healthy and feeling soft. I will have to try it on my face though, thats a great idea. I have really dry skin on my face this will probably help it a lot. Thanks for the information

9. *sigh* I wish so badly that argan oil worked for me but sadly, I tried a sample of Josie Maran’s and it broke me out after one night :/ I love the idea of using facial oils but my skin does not always agree, it seems

I love all the suggestions you’ve given here on how to use Argan Oil Taylor! I sympathize with Becca, I had Josie Maran’s version and it didn’t do my face any favors, it was a bit too heavy. But using it elsewhere on the body and in hair sounds like a perfect idea! :)

11. Jessica says:

If this is the product responsible for your perfect skin then I need it! I love all the recommendations, Taylor, thank you!

♥ Jessica

12. tam0rama says:

Hadn’t thought of trying it on lashes/brows…will have to give it a shot. I like using as moisturizer (and sometimes with a foundation).

13. I really enjoyed reading this, you have given me really good ideas on how to use this product! Can’t wait for silky soft elbows!

14. Juliea says:

I always hated argan oil based on an experience with a different brand that made my skin break out. I got a sample of Kahina’s argan oil in a spirit beauty lounge order and since I didn’t want to just waste it I slathered it all over my body. I noticed right away that the oil spread better and felt lighter than the one I had used in the past. The next morning I found myself trying to figure out why the skin on my neck and chest was glowing, clearer and brighter. I remembered using this oil the night before and immediately ordered a bottle.