The CHANEL Superstition Collection for Fall 2013 was inspired by Gabrielle Chanel’s belief in ‘good fortune‘ and the charms and talismans in which she surrounded herself. The collection includes the every exciting new release of their Le Blush Crème de Chanel and a selection of six new lip shades to create shade-matched pairs. The new lip shades for Fall include two Rouge Coco Hydrating Lip Colour’s in Icone and Mystique. Two Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Lipshine’s in Secret and Instinct, one of which I have here today. Finally, two Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Colour’s in Rendez-vous and Esprit. I might say that the entire selection of six new lipsticks and Creme blushes are all very tempting.

chanel-secret-3

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Lip Sheers are a “moisturizing, water-light formula with a shimmery high-shine finish.” The two LE shades are Instinct, a soft blue pink and Secret, a shimmering pink. Secret is my first Rouge Coco Shine purchase which was immediate on my part for its shade and glossy finish, however the formula I discovered, is not a favorite for me.

chanel-secret-2

Secret is a pale peachy-pink with shimmer. The shade is a fun and flirty hue that is a perfect pairing to many looks. The Rouge Coco Shine formula is a balm-like lipstick that applies sheer and layers well for more intense shine. The result is quite beautiful and the shade is a stunner, however the wear is not so good. I had to reapply about every 40 minutes to keep the color looking fresh. The positive part is that you wont need a mirror for touch-ups.

chanel-secret-4

The Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Lip Sheer is said to provide extra hydration to the lips. When I first applied the Lip Shine it certainly felt like I was benefiting my lips by doing so. Though, once the lipstick wore away my lips felt a bit more dry than they had initially.  So, the formula is not a love but the immediate application is gorgeous and I continue to wear it often. I do think this is my first and last experience with the Rouge Coco Shine formula. If anyone knows a dupe for this shade I would love your suggestions!

chanel-secret-1

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Lip Sheer $34

available at chanel.com and nordstrom.com

Did you pick anything up from the Chanel Superstition Collection? What are your thoughts on the Rouge Coco Shine formula?

About these ads
This entry was posted in Makeup/Nails. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Lip Sheer #85 Secret – Superstition Collection Fall 2013

1. Gorgeous shade and i am going to get Inspiration in the blush too

I’ve never tried these, but of course you make it look gorgeous. The wear time is a bit disappointing, but I guess that’s par for the course for these balm-hybrid things.

3. Tianna says:

really pretty natural tint for summer!

4. So pretty!!! I love this shade on you! Yeah they don’t last very long which is too bad.

Hey Taylor, I love the shade on you, but the 40-minute wear time will for sure drive me up the wall! I won’t get to see this collection till later. For the moment what interests me the most is the cream blushes!

I only have one Rouge Coco Shine in Suspense. That one is insanely pigmented and lasts very well, but it seems like a bit of an exception compared with the rest of the line!

6. The shade is gorgeous but it’s sad you have to reapply it every 40 minutes. That’s a little ridiculous. I have one in Liberte and the wear time is 1-2 hours :-)

7. CokaRabbit says:

I want this color!! I’ve been looking for a good nude based pink color to wear on daily bases. Going to try this one in the store!! thanks for sharing!

8. Oh id highly recommend Chantecaille sari rose and camellia if you are looking for something similar but with a far superior formula ;D

9. Boy was my first and last experience with Chanel Coco Rouge Shines. I too felt like my lips’ hydration was vanishing with every application, and I had to reapply it every hour. I think they have some great colors, but I prefer the YSL Rouge Volupte Shines if I’m looking for ritzy tinted lip balm! :) As usual, you look gorge!

10. Isabelle says:

I absolutely love these! Such a pity you don’t.. I get that the reapplication can be a bit of a hassle, but I love the way these look on me so much I’m willing to look past it! I’m not a huge lip products person, so these lipsticks are the perfect way to indulge anyway.

• Hi Isabelle. I do love the finish,so I have certainly been wearing this shade often. I can also imagine the darker shade should wear better. The wear is a pain for me personally though bc I am a Lipstick lady :-)

The wear time on these from all accounts I’ve heard is dismal, much like you’ve said Taylor. This is why I haven’t picked one of these up yet! A shame, as many of the colors are so pretty – like this one – and while I don’t mind reapplication that much, 40 minutes is kind of atrocious :S

12. I love the look of the new collection and am very tempted to buy a few things without being able to swatch them here in Australia. Love how the Lip Sheer looks on you- but the wear time is disappointing! I found the same thing with Boy Rouge Coco Shine.