The only two products you need to keep you tan all summer long. No Fancy tanner’s or scrubs needed, these are my favorite’s.
Jergens Natural Glow Express is an excellent self-tanner that give you a believable tan in 4 hours. It come’s in two shades light and medium. Here.
Bath and Shower gloves for exfoliating skin. Available at drug stores.
How-to & Tips:
– Before you tan, exfoliate in the shower with bath and shower gloves concentrating on extra dry areas, such as tops of feet, elbows and knees. Use a moisturizing soap or shower gel free of oils.
– Towel dry skin and apply Jergens Natural Glow Express evenly from head to toe including face. Apply a lighter application on areas of body prone to dryness.
– To help dry areas of body to have seemless application I apply a heavy moisturizer immediately afterwards to tops of feet, elbows, knees, and area behind the knees.
– Reapply tanning moisturizer daily until you have reached your desired intensity.
– Avoid getting on clothing. Wait till moisturizer is fairly dry before dressing. I choose to do this in the evenings.
– Wash hands after application. To tan hands I apply a heavy moisturizer to skin before applying the self-tanner. With a damp towel wipe nail beds as the tanner can accumulate there leaving the skin around your nails dirty looking.
– Avoid contact with water until tanner is completely dry! A droplet of water will leave a visible mark on the skin. No sweating!
– Repeat every 5-7 days.
I hope this has helped you. I have been self-tanning for over 13 years (wow) and have developed this perfected method. If you havent gotten on the self-tanning boat it’s time to get on board. Don’t be afraid, try a lighter shade at first if your are fearful. Save your skin by self-tanning now and try to avoid sun bathing. Always use an SPF, you will thank yourself years from now. I stopped sun-bathing at 18 and am thankful that I have chosen to do so. I can see a remarkable difference between my skin and other women my age who were sun worshipers and lathered themselves in oils. I love the beach, but I make sure to use the highest SPF available and remember to reapply often. Trust me it’s not worth it.
Be safe now and stay beautiful! Please leave any thoughts or questions.