The Meet Matte Palette from the Balm is a varied collection of matte eye shadows. The palette is a 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 cardboard square that flips opens like book to reveal a mirror while a magnet holds it closed. The eye shadows in this collection are buttery smooth, silky and super easy to work with. The colors are highly pigmented and allow you to blend seamlessly. If you are into matte eyeshadow and like to change up your look then this is the palette for you.
There is a great selection of colors in this set that can create endless looks with both warm and cool tones. Matt Smith and Matt Chung are two great options for a base. Matt Gallagher is the perfect crease color and among my favorites. To create some depth along with Gallagher, Matt Patel and Matt Ramirez are great options to add to the outer crease. Matt McDonald is great for a grey smokey look. For a blue smokey look Matt Shilling and Horowitz work great together. The options are truly endless. All is all this is a great palette of high quality shadows that I recommend.
- Matt Smith – a matte light beige (great base color)
- Matt Gallagher -a matte medium brown, toast
- Matt Ramirez – a matte cool dark brown
- Matt McDonald – a steel-blue grey with pearl sheen
- Matt Horrowitz – a deep blue
- Matt Chung – light pale pink
- Matt Batali – a rich dark eggplant, plum
- Matt Schilling – a matte teal
- Matt Patel – a matte mauve with brown
I created this look by applying Matt Chung all over my lid into my brow bone. I then added Matt Gallagher into the crease along with Matt Batali to the outer edge of my crease creating a v-shape and sweeping it under my eye as well.
What Matt are you crushing on?