Black on Black French Mani

I saw this manicure in a YSL campaign and knew I needed to recreate it. It is so chic and easy to do, I hope you will try it.

What I used:

• Essie Licorice
  • Essie Matte About You
  • Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

• First, paint your nails with Essie Licorice (or any black nail polish, this formula was fantastic) then apply Seche Vite Top Coat and allow to dry.

• Second apply french tip nail stickers covering the tips which will remain glossy. Paint the nail underneath with Essie’s Matte About You. I find it easier to do it this way because the stickers to not stick where I have applied the glossy quick dry top coat.

• Peel of stickers and Voila!

Your thoughts?

This entry was posted in Makeup and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Black on Black French Mani

1. That looks awesome! I’ll have to try that out one day 🙂

2. allthingsgirlrelated says:

This actually looks amazing!:)x

3. lipstickhero says:

This is such a wonderfully modern and chic take on the french mani – absolutely love the use of one color but different textures. Another terrific post! xx

4. LifeOfBun says:

Oehh… so simple and elegant.. gorgeous!

5. tami says:

I like it…I used to work in cosmetics, and when Chanel introduced their matte polish all of us we’re like “what could you possibly want with that?”, but this is really cool…I’ve also seen where people have done matte polka dots too. 🙂 well done

6. tam0rama says:

pretty, and sophisticated…I’ve also seen people use the matte for polka dots, which comes out pretty cute. 🙂

I saw this ad and saved the pic to try sometime – I absolutely LOVE how this looks. And you recreated it perfectly Taylor!! I don’t have a mattifying top coat but I need to pick one up, this is one of the best mani looks I’ve seen.

8. Kenny Devine says:

Go with black accessors LBD abd black lips!

9. I absolutely love your nails! Where do I find that Essee matte polish?