NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita

If you are familiar with my blog you might already know that I have a little obsession with NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils. I want to ‘collect them all’ and store them inside a little NARS pencil-case. After a web search landing me on Joey’s Spaces swatches I knew Dolce Vita was the next on my list. Dolce Vita is the third addition to my, yet, modest collection along with Bettina and Damned. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils glide on lips silky smooth leaveing a matte finish thats lasts. I do not find these to be drying. They can be used alone, as a lip liner, or layered with other products to create dimension. I will usually wear these alone though. They maintain their shape after being sharpened, in most jumbo-sized pencil sharpeners, never leaving your with splinters or a smudged mess.

NARS Dolce Vita is described as a dusty rose. It is sophisticated shade, perfect for day or night, and flattering to most skin tones. If the matte formula is not to your liking this shade is also available from nars in a lipstick and gloss, as well as a blush.

Wearing Dolce Vita

Get them at narscosmetics.com

Have you tried the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils? Any color suggestions for number 4?

This entry was posted in Makeup and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita

1. Marta says:

Hi Taylor! I am really impressed by the result of this lip pencil and the color is simply gorgeous. A bright red lipstick is often too bold for me and it seems that these pencils could be perfect for what im looking for. Btw, you look beautiful in the Dolce Vita shade and after seeing you i think i’m pretty convinced 😀

2. Its look amazing in your lips , You are so lovely …
    with my dry lips i never think about it

3. Catanya says:

Absolutely outstanding! It makes your lips look so full and pretty!
    I consider it one of the best NARS lip shades. Thanks so much for sharing!
    XOXO
    Catanya

Ahh Taylor this one looks great on you! I’ve always wanted the lipstick version of this!

5. Toya says:

Wow Taylor, I think this is one of my favorite shades overall on you yet – it really brightens your face and just looks fab!! I MUST get my hands on one of these already!

6. Jeni Johnson says:

Matte is right but it looks so soft!!!!! 🙂 Luv your reviews.

WOW, this is gorgeous. Pretty sure this shade won an Allure Best of Beauty in the latest issue.

8. lipstickhero says:

Beautiful – I own this as well =)

9. BeautyAnywhere says:

Gorgeous color!!! I love matte everything. Definitely trying this on my next makeup trip!

I don’t own a lip pencil because I never would use one! But this seems handy if it can be a lipstick too!

11. I don’t usually use lip pencils, but this looks so great on you, really natural. I might think about buying one, myself 🙂

12. I have only one Velvet Matte Lip Pencil and it’s in Bahama. I remember loving it but with the stuff that comes out every 2 seconds I kinda forgot about it. Well, this just went on my wish list. It is my kind of shade and looks great on you. xo, Emilie

13. Hi!
    What bronzer are you wearing on that photo?

14. Marcela says:

What an amazing color! Do you use the lip pencil directly on your lips or do you use it with a lip brush? Because I just love the lightness that resulted on your lips!
    I’m brazilian, I just completly love your blog and your skin is absolutely perfect! xo

15. Ellie says:

Hi could you tell me what kind of foundation and eye makeup you are wearing? Looks great!

16. Pebble says:

I have the same colour/format and love it…but do you find that it wears off from the inside of your lips really quickly? I’m talking before you even leave the house (without having eaten or drunk anything). I put it on last night – and had to reapply several layers over the inside of my lips before I went out so it didn’t look like I was just wearing a lipliner. By the time I reached my destination it had done the same thing. Maybe a powder layer first might help? Any thoughts? Thanks 🙂

• Hello. I do find it wears from the inside out, though I do get a long-wear time before it starts receding. Are you a lip licker? haha, that sounds funny but a lot of people arent aware if they are and it could be the culprit. Some balm, fountain and powder might certainly help. Balm on top should help as well. I hope something helps 🙂

17. Jane says:

Hi , please wich eyeshadow you wearing in this swatches?