RMS “un” cover-up as a foundation

RMS “un” cover-up is an all natural and organic concealer. I wrote about it previously as a cover-up. The “un” cover-up was created to be used an all-over face foundation as well. I created this additional post to show you how I use this product as a foundation and to show you the results that you can expect.

Perhaps because coconut oil is the first ingredient in RMS’ “un” cover-up, it melts beautifully into the skin. It is easy to blend and provides light coverage while concealing skin-imperfections. When I use this as a foundation I don’t feel concerned for my skin. I know that while I am covering and concealing I am also providing my skin with natural and healthy nourishment. The “un” cover-up is especially wonderful for those with dry skin, I find it very moisturizing.

When using the “un” cover up as a foundation, I first mist my skin with a moisture mist, my current favorite is this one from Sanitas. However, this product will blend whether or not your skin is pre-moistened. I then place some concealer onto one area of my face at a time with my fingertips. With a lightly moistened compact foundation sponge I blend the product into my skin using a light rolling/dabbing motion. I continue this all over the rest of my face. I layer extra product, using my finger, where more coverage is needed. (this is all that I have done in the image below) You can see that the concealer provided a very natural all-over look with a radiant finish. It also concealed a small pimple I had on my cheek rather well.

To set the “un” cover-up, I used a translucent loose setting powder, like this one from Laura Mercier. I then sprayed my face again with the Sanita’s moisture spray to melt the powder and bring back the luminous finish. This product is very creamy and I find that it does not set like a liquid foundation would. I find that I have to use more powder to rid of any remaining tackiness. The only thing I disliked about this product is the weight it seemed to carry on my skin. Otherwise the end result is quite stunning. I personally opt to use this foundation on my days off to treat my skin and to give it a break.

Have you tried the “un” cover-up?

This entry was posted in Makeup, Skincare and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to RMS “un” cover-up as a foundation

1. claire says:

I love this product so much, tbh the whole brand is a life safer for me in fall/winter time. great review, it looks very natural on you (but tbh, I already expected that, I agree with you on the coconut oil – blends like a dream). SOmetimes when I need more moisture, I use the RMS skin and lipbalm with it. amazing brand. I just wish they had more colours (cheeks, eyes, lips).

• Thank you, I’m glad to hear it works so well for you. The balm is lovely and I hear you about the colors. Like a shimmery peach I would love! I hope they include some other extras, like more skincare! xo

Your skin is lovely! This stuff really intrigues me.

3. it looks so beautiful and flawless in the photo I’m surprised it carries weight because it literally looks like you’re not wearing anything xx

Don’t we all love a multi-tasking product? This sounds awesome! I have combination skin so it might serve the purpose of a concealer best, but I’m glad to hear it works well for you!

5. beauuutiful!!! ahh I need this!!!

6. I’ve tried it as a store sample together with lip2cheek which i fell in love with… I loved it as a foundation but it didn’t really cover up my dark circles so I was on the fence with this at first. But after reading your post, I think, I’ll just go and get it, haha.

• Hi Vivi, on me previous post on using this as a concealer I wrote that I did not deal if provided enough coverage for my dark circles. I would additionally lighten my eyes with a different concealer here, there is still some darkness that I would like to cover. Just wanted to let you know, the lip2cheeks are just lovely!

7. Ugh–you have GORGEOUS skin. 😛 So jealous! This stuff really looks amazing–I NEED to try something from the brand! Also, have you tried anything else from Sanitas?? I heard about them a while back and have been really curious but haven’t gotten around to ordering yet

8. Cori says:

I loved the feel of it but even the lightest color was way too yellow for me – it was a bummer!

9. Lily @ChloeAsh says:

Lovely! I have to give RMS a try. Your skin glows… And I think you look like the gorgeous Claire Forlani 🙂

10. Clara says:

You look great!
    Lovr the finish – very natural and dewy!

11. i really want to try this and RMS in general! but yeah, too many things on my wish list right now, so who knows when I’ll get to it!

12. Anastasia says:

do you think a similar moisturizing effect could be achieved by mixing a heavier foundation with coconut oil?

• Hi Anastasia. No it wouldn’t, I’m sorry. It would be very oily. Are you having trouble with dryness? Are you moisturizing well before applying foundation? You could try a hydrating primer or a hydrating mist which helps.

13. Anna says:

hello, you look gorgeous with that!
    would you mind to share what color do you use?
    thanks, Anna

14. Maria says:

What shade are you wearing? I can’t tell if I need the 11 or 22 and your color looks similar to mine. Thanks!!!