Burberry ‘Light Glow’ Blush in Peony

The Burberry Beauty brand has caught my interest for quite some time now. The look is models with subtle, sheer makeup that enhances features naturally. Makeup designed to create a natural look with ‘glows’, ‘mists’, and ‘sheers’ have only enticed me further. With products packaged in their iconic plaid the collection is just stunning.

I took a dive in to Burberry Beauty brand by picking up a light glow blush in Peony. Let me say that the quality and elegance is exquisite. The outside paper packaging itself is lovely and reminiscent to me of the brands iconic trenches. A velvet pouch with the classic plaid design hold the loveliest plaid-embossed, reflective compact. The compact is quite sturdy, made of plastic although seeming as if it is metal. The velvet pouch serves purpose in keeping your finger marks off the gun metal surface. The powder brush included is very soft, although I would not use it for full application it is perfect for touch-ups.

Opening to reveal the blush you come across the plaid design yet again, embossed onto the powder itself. Peony is a neutral pale-pink. It comes on more of a mid-tone pink than when viewed in the compact. The powder is especially fine and incredibly soft. The quality is superior with even application. Applied lightly, it imparts a beautiful healthy color. The blush can easily be layered to your personal tastes. The color is matte, although not flat. The shade imparts a radiant, healthy pop of color that lasted on me the entire day.

When using the Light Glow Blush, you will notice quite a strong aroma of roses. Fragrance in cosmetics is not something that I particularly enjoy, especially a floral scent. However, the scent does not seem to linger that long.

heavily swatched

heavily applied to cheeks

Burberry Light Glow Blush $42 (nordstrom.com)

Have you tried Burberry Beauty? Any reccomendations?

This entry was posted in Makeup and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Burberry ‘Light Glow’ Blush in Peony

1. Annick says:

Wow, that is gorgeous on your skintone! Very fresh!

Ahhh so pretty! Love it on you, Taylor! My first Burberry purchase is Pale Barley and I love it to bits! Will review it soon 🙂

3. Lovely pictures! I love the flower you snaps together with the blush.. so pretty pretty pretty!
    Btw I have this blush too and I have to say that I love the color and the texture.. so buttery and smooth!

4. Carina says:

Ah, that’s lovely. Is it a matte blush?

5. I love the case. Lol. You look beautiful, but what’s new.

6. claire says:

peony looks beautiful on you taylor, it a really nice pale colour. and so pigmented! I have some staples from Burberry: pale barley, midnight brown, blossom/russet blush, lipstick: devon sunset, hibiscus, military red. their velvet foundation also feels very nice and looks very natural. 🙂

7. Lily @ChloeAsh says:

I still haven’t tried anything from Burberry yet. This blush looks beautiful on you Taylor! Gah… so many things, not enough dough. LOL!

Such a pretty pink shade!! That is a pricey blush but it looks like it may be worth the money!

9. WOW that looks amazing on you!

10. LifeOfBun says:

Suuuch a pretty blush, and amazing pictures! Love the flowers you put around it!! 😀

11. Soo Jin says:

Taylor, this blush is so lovely on you! Can I ask what you have on your lips in this photo? :]

12. You have a really nice blog, your make up is really pretty and natural. Congrats.

XO

13. asti says:

oh my god!! i love the third picture so much! the reflection of the flower on the packaging is just too beautiful. thats a nice pink on u. i love burberry make up! they have the most beautiful neutrals in their range ..

LOVE IT. I have Russet and though I haven’t worn it as much as it deserves, its gorgeous and the formula truly is divine. I’d love to get another but they aren’t cheap, so maybe down the road one day…. 🙂

15. Lola says:

What a lovely post! I just purchased Burberry Blush in Peony as well– it’s really stunning (I’m waiting for them t send it to me, but I swatched it in person). The color is absolutely perfect with your skin tone! I also bought a few of their eye shadow singles, Lip Mists, Lip Glosses, and Lip Covers! I’m really loving all things Burberry right now!

• Yes, the Burberry brand is so beautiful. I have been really wanting to try the lipsticks. I am hesitant of those rose scent although. This blush is just so beautiful 🙂

• Lola says:

It really is a lovely brand. I held off for a long time because I really didn’t need to add yet another luxury brand to my stash, but I finally caved and really love what I have gotten so far. I held off on getting the lipsticks for a while for the same reason. The scent really is quite strong at first, but I find that it fades fairly quickly. That said, I know that it is a deal breaker for many people. 🙂

16. EEEP!! this is amazing on you! I have the tangerine blush and find that to be quite pretty. but wow this works so well on you. I really like the eyeshadow, and I do like the lipstick despite the scent! 🙂

17. audrey says:

what lip and eye colors are you wearing in that picture? LOVE YOUR LOOK:)

• Hi Audrey. I am wearing Burberry eyeshadow I’m Almond. I’m not certain what is on my lips though, I apologize. It looks like a combination of things and I am probably wearing Buxom Lip Polish in Sandy on too.