LORAC PRO Palette

The Lorac PRO Palette contains 16 intensely pigmented shadows each infused with soothing botanicals. Featuring eight matte and eight shimmering shades it is designed to shade, shadow, line and define your eyes in one easy palette. In addition it contains a mini Behind The Scenes Eye Primer.

lorac-pro-palette

The packaging is straight and to the point with a rubberized finish and bold silver lettering. The palette flips open with great ease and stays shut with a magnetic closure. The top row contains the eight matte shades and on the bottom, the eight shimmering shades. Marked underneath each shadow is their name, again, straight to the point and free of any misconceptions. Cream is cream, light pink is a light pink, gold is gold and so on.

lorac pro palette

My personal introduction to the Lorac Brand began when I picked up this much hyped about palette. I love a neutral palette and this selection of 16 shades had me swooning. This wonderful assortment of both matte and shimmering shades can create a variety of looks for both day and night. What has me the most impressed is the exceptional quality of these eye shadows. They are among the best that I have tried.

lorac-pro-palette-4

The left side contains the lighter shades for highlighting or base. The colors deepen as you move to the right side of the palette. White, cream, light pink, nude and champagne are all great for highlighting. Taupe is a gorgeous shade that I will wear alone for everyday. The gold is intense and I will layer it over taupe. Light bronze is a gorgeous shimmery shade for day.

lorac-pro-palette-6While the palette features mostly neutral shades, deep purple is an exception and a lovely addition. Mauve and sable are two other shades that I love for everyday. Pewter layered on top of mauve is simply stunning. Garnet mixed along with gold creates a bold metallic gold finish that makes my green eyes pop. Espresso and black are perfect for lining and work exceptionally well when wet. Slate creates a dramatic smokey eye when mixed with black. Deep purple is a shade I have yet to familiarize myself with.

lorac-pro-palette-7

The mattes are highly pigmented, easy to apply and a dream to blend. The velvety texture lends the matte shadows a gleaming quality. They appear to have an almost creamy finish. All shades have zero fallout and lasts me all day. White contains some amount of shimmer and along with light pink, these two are a bit more powdery. One layer provides an exceptional amount of pigmentation alone. The matte shadows are definitely a highlight of this palette.

lorac-pro-palette-8The shimmering shadows are more metallic and free of any glitter. Like the matte shades these are exceptionally pigmented and velvety smooth. They are a dream to blend and the effects are positively dazzling. One swipe provides ample coverage, when layered the look is intense. Gold and garnet are definitely two of my favorites. I will post a look to follow.

Lorac’s Behind the Scenes Eye Shadow Primer is a wonderful product as well. It is transparent and pretty much undetectable on. It intensifies the shadow in both finish and wear. While I am not a big fan of eye primers, this one has me seriously considering purchasing a full size.

This palette was an absolute winner in so many ways. In my opinion it easily trumps some of the more popular neutral palettes out there. At $42 for 16 shades it’s an incredible value. If you only need one palette, this is it!

You can pick one up here!

This entry was posted in Makeup and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to LORAC PRO Palette

There are DEFINITELY shades here I’m drooling all over for! It seems like a great palette with excellent quality, as well as a great balance between matte and shimmery.

2. Christa says:

DROOL! Love the equal amount of mattes to shimmer!

3. judit1661 says:

This is one of the best reviews I’ve seen of this palette, good job! One of my favorite palettes is a Lorac Croc palette from a couple of years ago, but I still use it often. Have you tried Lorac blush? My favorite is Soul Ame. I am sure you will love her blush too. Thanks again for such a great review.
    — Judi
    (Did I tell you I nominated you for Blog of the Year Award?)

4. Great to hear you are impressed!! I have been wanting this palette for quite some time, but I got the Unzipped Palette instead. The shade ranges are amazing in this palette and i love the selection of mattes! I’ll definitely be adding this to my kit next!

Pewter and Deep Purple are so pretty! Really love the colour selection of this palette 🙂 And the pigmentation looks great!

6. Very informative post-but then again all your posts are beautiful. I love the palette! It kind of reminds me of the Naked palettes by Urban Decay. Hope all is well! xo

Love this! So pretty! I’ve been using the UD Naked 2, Naked Basics and Lorac Unzipped, but why not get another awesome palette?!!

8. WhenJmetK says:

OMG, I love the colors in this palette! I need to get my hands on this!

Kathleen of whenjmetk.com

9. Mammu says:

Yep, drooling over here too! Wonderful shades!!! I especiallly love the matte ones *-*

10. Soooo pretty… I just purchased a urban decay set…. I’ll have to try this one as well!

11. Carina says:

Oh no haha I had convinced myself that I didn’t want this palette after purchasing my Laura Mercier palette, but now I do! Thank God it’s permanent!

12. LifeOfBun says:

*drool* what an amazing palette!!!

13. FACE IT says:

Yes, please! I am a sucker for eyeshadow option ;D

I really wanted to pick one of these up around Christmas, but restrained myself. I still want it, though! Haha. So many options.

15. I love that they did a row of mattes and a row of shimmers. Such a basic but useful idea that really makes this appealing, especially when so many other neutral palettes seem mostly full of shimmer

16. I think I will definitely get this one! I have heard nothing but only GREAT reviews about this palette! The colors look exceptionally pigmented, buttery and lovely!

17. This is beautiful, and the formula sounds divine. So many brands are doing great neutral but not boring palettes these days, I’m lemming this one as well as Laura Mercier’s Artist Palette!

18. oooo i kept debating this and the laura mercier palette but didn’t end up getting either! LOL one day, I suppose!

Great swatches, Taylor! I still have an aversion to large palettes, but this one does look lovely. I like the idea of neutrals with a kick 🙂

20. lipstickhero says:

Wow! A stellar palette – looks like it blows Urban Decay’s Naked out of the water! x