BECCA Shimmering Perfector

BECCA Shimmering Pefector is a “sheer liquid highlighter and moisturizer that veils skin in a soft pearlized glow.” It contains “broad-spectrum sun protection and antioxidants to keep skin looking fresh, young and healthy.”

becca-shimmer

I received these two samples of Shimmering Perfectors along with some purchases I made in December. The images above are that of sample products and the full-sized packaging differs. Initially I tried these out as a highlighter and with both shades being too dark for my skin-tone they didn’t work for me. It wasnt until I tried them mixed into my foundation that I realized the true beauty of this product.

Becca’s shimmering perfectors contain ultra-fine mica particles that reflect light and diffuse uneven skin tone. The liquid formula is versatile in application. It can be used as a highlighter when placed on cheekbones, brow bones, temples, bridge of nose, and cupid’s bow. You can also apply them as a base, alone, under foundation or mixed along with your foundation. The Shimmering Perfectors can provide a head-to-toe shine when mixed into your body moisturizer.

What you can expect from this slick liquid is a glowing, lit-from-within finish. Its natural enough for everyday, both day and night. A little bit goes a long way and no matter how much I use it never looks overdone. I am exceptionally pleased with my new luminous complexion. I would recommend it for any skin type. While the shimmering perfector became a quick favorite I had to discontinue its use. I started to break out after using this product for several days. Every persons skin differs and this doesn’t stop me from recommending this product to other’s. I do however suggest that you try before you buy as with most products you apply as a base.

becca-shimmeirng-perfector-2 The Becca Shimmering perfector comes in a selection of four shades:

• Moonstone – pale gold
  • Pearl – white pearl
  • Opal – opal
  • Topaz – golden bronze

As you can see Opal and Topaz are both too dark for me to use as a highlighter, I would opt rather for Moonstone or Pearl. Although, mixed into foundations both shades provides my complexion with an amount of warmth. Opal would definitely be my choice when using it along with my foundation.

becca-shimmering-perfector-3

becca-shimmering-perfector-opal (In the above image I am wearing Opal mixed into my foundation)

also wearing:

YSL Teint Radiance Foundation in 07, Bye Bye Under Eye in medium, Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder, Sunday Riley blush in Blushing, NARS eyeshadow in Ondine, Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in Mat Black, L’oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara, clear lip balm

Have you tried the Becca Shimmering Perfectors? Does it work for you?

This entry was posted in Makeup. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to BECCA Shimmering Perfector

1. Anna says:

You should do a post on how you apply your blush, or at least what brush you use, because it always looks so perfect!

2. i wanted to get the topaz one, but didn’t want to buy the full size! lol. i have one from the best of becca kit but i don’t remember which it is! haha

3. I haven’t tried these but I REALLY want to! I was planning on getting Moonstone (just as soon as I get Burberry’s Fresh Glow first) but now I am curious about Opal. It looks *gorgeous* mixed with your foundation–your skin looks ridiculously luminous! But I could never use a highlighter like that–my skin is just too dark oily and shiny on its own :/

4. I just got this in Moonstone and I love it! I took home a sample of Topaz, and it makes for the most beautiful glossy eye look ever.

5. I have Pearl and Opal. I might prefer Opal more… 🙂 Also, it’s weird that Pearl looks greasy on me. Maybe I applied too much.

6. Jessica says:

Opal looks absolutely incredible on you! I own Moonstone, and I really ought to be a bit better and more adventurous about mixing it in with my foundation. In the past I haven’t gotten the balance quite right and it’s either been too much or too little: it seems you have the magic formula!

♥ Jessica

Well hello bronzed Godess! I bet every woman looks at your skin with envy now because I definitely am! Such a smart move to mix this with a foundation because the result is amazing!

Gorgeous!! You skin is absolutely stunning!! I don’t think I have seen these in Canada though 😦

I have Opal and I frickking LOVE it! It’s a good match to my skin tone. I can’t detect any color once it’s blended out. I haven’t mixed it with my foundation though. My T-zone gets oily so I’m a little more cautious. You look TOO gorgeous Taylor! ❤

Oooooooh…..love it! You know I love luminous finishes!

11. casey23 says:

Aside from the products, your skin looks gorgeous… Jealous much 😦

12. This looks incredible mixed with your foundation! I have a mini size from the Best of BECCA kit and am really enjoying it as a highlighter. I haven’t tried it mixed with foundation yet, as I haven’t loved the effect when I mixed foundation with other liquid highlights, but this is really too pretty not to try!

13. Tiffany says:

Your skin! It looks…..AMAZING. Sorry to hear it broke you out though 😦 I have their Bronzing Skin Perfector (its real packaging actually looks like your sample packaging though) and I really like it, but it’s not the same type of product. I’ve been wanting to try a Shimmering Skin Perfector for ages now!

14. Liss Cope says:

this looks so lovely on you! ❤ find you in Tianna's 'GiG a little love' blog post! ❤
    big hugs ❤

It’s a shame this product broke you out Taylor, it looks lovely! I just received a sample of Opal this week and I’m looking forward to trying it – hopefully I don’t experience the same problem 😦

16. Sophie says:

All you pictures are so stunning 🙂 what camera and lenses do you use hun?