The concept of Valentine’s Day and the history of such a holiday is logically a bit silly to me. Love and romance should certainly be exercised on the regular and not on a day when the price of a rose is double. Now, with that being said I must admit that I cannot help but be swept up in the idea of a little added tlc. I might put a little more time into my routine, have a go at cooking dinner, or leave a silly little note for my loved one.
Now that I have affirmed just how crazy I am about Valentines Day, I share with you some suggestions for making your day just a little more special. Don’t forget to show yourself some love with a little extra pampering.
- Lingerie can definitely be a bit intimidating. A one-piece romper or teddy is one of the most flattering pieces to most body types. This one from the gorgeous line Zinke can be doubled as a cami under a blazer.
- I’m a big believer in the benefits of aromatherapy. Enhance romantic moments with Essence of Vali’s Passion mist. Or try an oral Flower Elixer from Lotus Wei in Infinite Love.
- Leave your loved one some sweet notes with a red hear-shaped Post-it.
- Make your skin incredibly smooth with a good scrub. Try this rose scented one from Ren. Get rid of dry skin on your lips and make them kissably soft with Fresh’s Sugar Lip Polish.
- Everyone looks better with a tan. It will also help boost your confidence and make you feel sexier. I absolutely love Tarte’s Brazziliance Self-tanner. Also add a head-to-toe gleam with shimmering dry oil like this one from Nuxe.
- Keep you beauty simple with a natural and glowing cream blush. This one from RMS doubles as a lip color and will last. Add some highlight to your brow bones, cheekbones, and to the bow of your lip. I love this super natural looking one from W3LL People.
- Keep hair soft and touchable. Add waves to with a curling wand and add some volume with Oribe Texturizing Spray.
Happy Valentine’s Day!