NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Cythère for Spring 2013

Newly released from NARS for Spring 2013 is the Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Cythère. Already a fan of the Nars lip pencils I was excited to swatch this shade from the new collection. There is something about the jumbo-sized crayon packaging that greatly appeals to me. Perhaps it is due to my brief stint as a ‘expert colorer’ during my childhood.

nars-cythere-2

Cythère is a soft metallic rose with multi-colored shimmer. The formula glides on lips beautifully, leaving opaque color. It is not especially glossy but provides the lips with lots of shine and hours of wear. The formula remains firm inside the pencil packaging and does not become messy upon use or after sharpening. Nars Lip Pencils will fit in any standard jumbo-sized makeup pencil sharpener.

nars-cythere-1

Cythère is gorgeous glimmering-nude when worn on its own. I can see paring it with a pop of color on the eyes along with a tan and some rose-gold jewels. Layering it on top of a lip color will add a lovely metallic finish and provide some depth, as shown in the last photo.

nars-cythere-5

(wearing NARS Cythère alone)

nars-cythere-

nars-cythere-4

(NARS Cythère applied to the middle of lips on top of MAC Redd Lip Pencil)

Are you a fan of the NARS Lip Pencils? What are your thoughts on Cythère?

This entry was posted in Makeup and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Cythère for Spring 2013

I just redeemed 100 points at Sephora for one of these today! The colour is “New Lover,” can’t wait to try and share my experience 😉
    It looks great on you and I’m glad the product works well! 😀

That is gorgeous on its own, but I really like it over the red lip! What a great way to make it more versatile.

3. Memoiselle says:

I thought this lip pencil would look a bit dark on the lips but I think I’m wrong. It looks gorgeous when used alone or paired with a daring color. I don’t own any lipstick from this range and thanks for introducing this range to me 🙂

4. Hahaha oh I know exactly what you mean about the appeal of these products, any crayon or marker shaped makeup just feels irresistibly fun, the way Crayolas were for me as a kid. When I initially saw the lip color, I couldn’t really picture who it’d be flattering on. Now I know! 😉

Amazing! This is such a pretty shade for you Taylor! I wasn’t too sure about it seeing the swatch because it looks so frosty but you wear it perfectly! The idea of layering this is also genius!

6. I was just about to say, “I wonder how this would look layered over red,” but you beat me to it haha. It’s a gorgeous, gorgeous color on you. Love that it’s more complex than your average nude, and of course I can’t resist crayon packaging like this!

7. satine89 says:

Never thought of using this kind of color on the lips. Well, I’ve never been more wrong! It looks amazing!!! Alone or with lipstick!!!

This is normally a color I’d run away from, but it looks great on you, and I love how you layered it! Your “expert colorer” comment made me laugh. I think I might have ruined a corner of the wall or two at some point too LOL

9. claire says:

Oh wow, if I wouldn’t knew what it is, I would totally think of an eyeshadow shade first 😀 I am surprised how good it looks on your skintone! I also like the idea of layering it. I only like the velvet pencils, the gloss ones are to sparkly for my liking.

10. Gorgeous! You pull of a nude lip so beautifully/effortlessly! 😀

11. CokaRabbit says:

You look amazing! You make me want to try that nude lip color so bad!!!

12. Hey there, I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award. Check my latest post for detail! Congratulations!

I thought this would be such a tough shade to wear for most people when I first saw it, but you make it look SO good, Taylor! I think you’re in the small percentage of those who can totally rock it!

14. tam0rama says:

totally agree with the above comment..from the swatch I wasn’t sure, but it looks super pretty on.

15. ooo looks so pretty on you! i thought it looked too metallic from other swatches and promo photos i’ve seen, but this works so well on you!