Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colours have been around for a while, although they are something new to me. I was tipped off by a recent spread in Elle where they used the shade Amethyst to create the perfect mauve/purple smokey eye.

lm-1

The Caviar Stick creates a smokey-eye in a few easy swipes. It is a creamy formula that is highy-pigmented . I have never found it quite so easy to create a smokey-eye look. The formula doesnt settle in to creases and blends best when using a synthetic eye shadow brush. The shadow lasts incredibly long without any smudging. You will actually have to work a bit at removing it.
lm-3

Amethyst is quite a complex shade. It is generally mauve with hints of bronze and purple tones. There are some larger flecks of glitter. The Caviar Stick creates a luminous wet look that makes eyes sparkle. Amethyst is the perfect shade to bring out green eyes. I absolutely love the formula and the selection of shades are beautiful. I highly recommend checking them out.

lm-2

layered above lm-4

wearing Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst lm-5

Laura Mercier has released eight new shades for Spring 2013 for $24 each

Have you tried the Caviar Eye Pencils?

This entry was posted in Makeup. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst

1. Jackson says:

I have green eyes and can’t wait to try this.

2. This is so beautiful — the actual colour is much chicer than what I was picturing in my head.

OOO so pretty on you! I keep meaning to check these out. Now come to think of it I might do that next week when I’m in Brussels!

Oh, this color is gorgeous, especially the way you wear it here with simple black liner. Chic and simple!

5. Nisha says:

Just discovered your blog and absolutely love it! I love your style and looks! I keep swatching these but haven’t picked any up. I have my eye on the rose gold one!

6. Wow what a gorgeous colour

7. Pretty! I love the idea of these but I think I bought amethyst when these came out and it just didn’t work for me! It was sad – I experienced some creasing and fall out!

It looks complex idd! Such a lovely shade, especially with the warmer weather coming up ^^. Looking absolutely flawless as usual Taylor! ❤

9. I lovee the complexity of this color, and the finish is amazing on your lids! I’ve heard great things about these, so I’ll have to give them a swatch next time I’m at the mall. Wonder if they have a grey-blue color, those are my favorite lately…

10. I didn’t bother with these when they first came out because they weren’t really marketed as being long-wearing and while I read many good reviews, no one really mentioned the wear on oily lids. But now that they are coming out with new shades (and Bobbi Brown has released their own version), I hear the term “long-wearing” being used more often, which is very promising to me! I was too scared to try these before but now, I am definitely going for it!! 😀

• Go for it! The wear is exceptional! I dont have oily lids but I dont have dry either, my shadow does have a tendency to crease. I literally needed to scrub that swatch off. They dont settle into crease or migrate, im definelty exporing them further. Its funny how Bobbi Brown has the same name for theirs. Im curious about them as well.

11. Ohhhh my goodness. I absolutely love LM and this color is so lovely. It’s more red than I’d usually go for, but seems surprisingly wearable

Beautiful! I’ve heard great things about these!!

13. Very nice! I love how simple it is to use, and how gorgeous it looks. The shade is beautiful and suits you just right. How do you think it will work on oily lids?

14. Tiffany says:

This color is gorgeous! I just swatched it at Sephora over the weekend but I showed restraint for once and didn’t buy it 🙂

Love this, Taylor! I like that it’s got sort of a ‘wet look’ to it, I sort of have a thing for that finish lately. I’ll have to give these a look, thanks for showing us this gem 🙂

16. Gretchen says:

What lip shade are you wearing in these photos? Love the overall look.

17. this looks so lovely on you! xx

18. Bridget says:

I just picked-up “Sand Glow”, which is a lovely taupe shade. I have “Amethyst” on my list too. These caviar eye sticks are really wonderful.

• Sand glow looks beautiful! I’m crazy about these. I just picked up my second, Orchid.. It’s a bit different for me but I’m hoping it works, I have such a recent love for the shade lavender 🙂