The white nail trend with Deborah Lippmann’s Amazing Grace

White nails were a recurrent trend happening on the Spring 2013 runways. I have been quite excited to execute the trend myself. White nails are sleek and modern and a welcome diversion from the crazy nail art trends. Not to be confused with ‘white out’ mani.

white-nail-trends

deborah-lippmann-amazing-graceDeborah Lippmann’s Amazing Grace is the perfect white shade to achieve this look. It doesn’t have a chalky finish like other white polishes. The first coat goes on quite streaky although I havent met an opaque white that hasn’t. I found it necessary to add two extra layers for a perfect opaque finish. The first two coats set a base for third coat to apply perfectly. Like all Deborah Lippmann polishes Amazing Grace has a long wear time with no chipping.

deborah-lippmann-amazing-grace-3

White polish looks stunning on tanned skin and paired with gold accessories. I might also mention that white polishes will change color on you if you expose them to any makeup products that leave you with a stain so try to keep them clean.

deborah-lippmann-amazing-grace-2

(wearing 3 layers of Amazing Grace and Seche Vite Top Coat)

Amazing Grace $17 here

What nail trends are you excited for this Spring?

This entry was posted in Makeup and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to The white nail trend with Deborah Lippmann’s Amazing Grace

1. Annick says:

OOOOH, I LOVE this on you! It definitely doesn’t look chalky and that’s really hard to find in a polish! Love the new trend!

2. Gorgeous! I love these new white polishes–they’re much prettier and not as flat or chalky looking as the Sally Hansen white polishes that I used to use for my white manis 😛

3. Judi Tierney says:

So pretty! My daughter has been wearing this one ,to show off her new engagement ring and it is gorgeous, makes her look ore tan and healthy. Thanks for sharing Taylor!
    – Judi
    MiddleAgedBeautyQueen

4. I really like this trend. I remember I wore white nails to my prom and it sort of was a mini-trend around that time (hmm, wow nearly 5 years ago!) For a while, I didn’t really like them anymore, favoring more of a soft/sheer white, but now that I see them again and on your nails, I think it’s really pretty 🙂

5. tam0rama says:

I like it, but I’m still working on my nail artistry…this would be nice when I’m a little more tan this summ, I like the idea of gold accessories too. 🙂

6. I didn’t think I’d like this trend, but WOW I do like how it looks on you a lot!

7. satine89 says:

Never liked white plish on nails, but I have the felling I’ll change my mind! 😉

8. I never really liked it either, but now that I see this I think I might have to change my mind! Looks really pretty.

9. Ummm, how do you paint your nails so perfectly?! I swear my nails don’t look this good even if I go to the salon. Love this color!

I was never into the white nail trend as some others mentioned, but like most things it’s grown on me! However, I tried it on myself and I just could NOT enjoy it on my darker skin – but it looks great on you Taylor! I’m going to try and find a bit of a softer white and see how it goes 🙂

I really dislike the chalky versions, they remind me too much of tip-ex, lol. But this one is a different story, it’s like you said, the finish does it all!

12. Eugenia says:

Totally loving the new white trend as well – so pristine! OPI’s My Vampire Is Buff is a good option for a non- stark white, but CHANEL’s new Eastern Light is so pure and non-streaky! You have me curious to check this one now – does it have any shimmer?

13. LifeOfBun says:

Ohh.. such a fresh white on you!

14. I like the look of white or for me a pale pink color. It always looks so nice and fresh. I always had to paint my nails and if I don’t know what color to paint then I opted for either Revlon’s Pale Cashmere or Essie’s Vanity fairest. Great Post!

15. xlovehappyx says:

i like white nails with glitter on top ^_^ your white mani looks great!

GORGEOUS! I love a milky white (like Essie Marshmallow) and this polish is stunning! I’m into pastels right now…just stocked up on a bunch of Urban Outfitters polishes in bright pastel shades for spring. Post coming soon about them!

17. Oh, I haven’t tried white nails before! And this looks gorgeous on you. I wonder if it’ll look as good on my nails. LOL!

18. So lovely on your skintone! I love how fresh and clean white nails look, but the streakiness just drives me up the wall. I’m usually a one-coater type of gal, so I generally steer clear of the color. Might have to give it a try this spring though, you do make a convincing case~