Burberry Light Glow Blush in Earthy No.07

My introduction to Burberry Cosmetics began with their Light Glow Blush in Peony and I knew that it wouldn’t be my last. The Burberry Sheer blushes are among the finest that I’ve come across. There is no doubting that the formula is truly exquisite.

burberry-earthy-4

Burberry Sheer Glow Blushes are embossed with Burberry’s iconic check pattern. You will see the pattern embossed on the compact, engraved on the powder and on the included velvet pouch. The brush that you will find in the compact it is not my first choice to use in application, but is incredibly soft and surprisingly functional. The blush, like most of Burberry’s line, has the scent of roses. While many people enjoy this it is not to my taste and has been the only reason I have been at all hesitant about making further Burberry purchases. Fortunately the scent does not linger long and in the end I am just too crazy for this formula to do without.

burberry-earthy-5

The Sheer glow blushes are incredibly finely milled. It is a matte formula blush that creates a healthy looking glow. The soft powder has a creamy quality that just works so beautifully on the skin. The blush just seems to have the ability to melt into your complexion.. One swipe of the brush brings a great amount of pigment. The blush layers beautifully to create a more defined look.

burberry-earthy-3

Earthy is a medium-tan brown with mauve tones. Earthy is the perfect contour shade for light to medium complexions. I use it both as a contour paired with another shade, or as a blush. When using it as a contour I apply it underneath my cheekbones and add another shade to the apples of my cheeks. I find many shades work well paired along with it. When wearing it as a blush I start by applying it as a contour and slightly blend it upwards. I will also wear is in place of bronzer. The Sheer Glow blush wears incredibly well and lasts all day.

burberry-earthy-6

You can see just how pigmented one swipe is in the above image. I am also hoping that my photo helps to show just how buttery smooth this formula is. I am wearing several layers in the below image on top of foundation and setting powder. Earthy has become my go-to contour shade in replacement of NYX Taupe. I also love it as an everyday blush. It is the perfect shade to pair along with other bold makeup. I am already considering my third, Tangerine has been on my radar.

burberry-earthy-1

Burberry Sheer Blush $42 (burberrybeauty.com)

Have you tried the Burberry Sheer Glow Blushes? Do you use a contour? Which one?

This entry was posted in Makeup and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to Burberry Light Glow Blush in Earthy No.07

1. Gorgeous – such a lovely mauve tone to it…

Great pick, Taylor! Just from how it looks in pan I’ve never have really thought how natural it could look! I don’t own a Burberry blush yet, though I know I will sometime soon! I might go for Tangerine or Coral Pink!

3. This looks and sounds gorgeous! your skin and make-up looks flawless!

This shade is so you! It makes your skin look even more glowing in such a natural way!

5. Oh my gosh oh my gosh THIS shade has been on my radar forever, it’s sooo beautiful and it’s surprisingly difficult to find a similar shade (I’ve been trying!). The formula sounds exceptional and, as always, it looks lovely on you. Would you say it’s pinker than NYX Taupe?

6. OMG, GORGEOUS!! I have been curious about this one. I LOVE everything about Burberry’s blushes–the smell, the divine texture, the color payoff…ugh, so amazing!! I have never contoured a day in my life so this product is intriguing to me–especially since I have heard so many good things. I definitely need to swatch this next time I’m at the counter. Tangerine is definitely on my list too–as is Blossom (WHEN are they going to bring it back??)

7. Angela says:

This is definitely gorgeous. Like someone commented above, I’ve never tried Burberry’s blushes! As I gain more confidence/interest in contouring I’ve heard a lot of good things about Illamasqua’s cream pigment in Hollow. Haven’t checked it out in person though!

• Thanks, I’m quite loving it. When paired with a blush a contour shade is much less noticeable, a bronzer is also a great place to start. I am very interested in Hollow! I heard great things as well 🙂

8. Kiss & Make-up says:

Looks great on you! I wouldn’t pick a glowy product like this myself but it looks fab on your skin.

9. Kimberly says:

WAUW! What an amazing glow! ❤

10. So pretty! It almost looks like a subtle bronzer with just a touch more color. Flawless as always! 😉

Wow, beautiful. You can see how smooth these blushes are from your great pictures. You look beautiful as always!

12. beautifulpositive says:

I’ve never tried burberry makeup, but looks great on your skin!!
    Kisses form Spain

13. This looks so natural and great on your complexion! Love how it’s not orangey like typical bronzers and really has an earth tone look. Lovely!

This is such a gorgeous one on your complexion!

15. Bea says:

Your makeup is always so perfect Taylor. Fresh and natural:) I love your choice of products and have been influenced quite a few times:)
    The blush is another one I am adding to my list. May I ask – what brush are you using? Thank you
    Bea

• Hi Bea,
      Thank you for your kind words, I greatly appreciate them 🙂
      I use a Sigma F05 small contour brush for contouring although I’ve been meaning to get my hands on a softer one. This one dosnt give the most even application because its a little scratchy. So I’m on the hunt for a new one .

16. Jessica says:

You are so stunning! I had no idea that Earthy was so mauve. I was a bit nervous it would be too much against pale skin, but it looks so natural, understated and chic! I’ve been dying for a Burberry blush, but I’ve been having such a difficult time deciding which shade I’d like.
    ♥ Jessica

17. OK, you made me want ALL the blushes now. This one looked a bit too earthy in the pan, but it looks amazing on you! Lemming during no buy period is a torture. Hahahah 🙂

18. It’s absolute perfection on you! 🙂

19. I’ve had my eyes on this blush for a while but I thought it might look too similar to my D&G Caramel blush which is stunning btw if you haven’t tried D&G blushes.. I have one Burberry blush in Russet which is a gorgeous burnt apricot colour.. Works both as a blush and a contour in one.. wonderful for the summer time

• I am not familiar to D&G blushes, though I have been quite curious since Sephora started carrying the brand. I just need to find a local one that has the line in store! Thank you for the reccomendation. Russet is another gorgeous shade, I dont think Burberry has a single color I wouldnt want to try.

20. Isabelle says:

Oh whaw, this looks so beautiful! Love the look too; so flawless & pretty!!

21. JoanneP says:

BIG WOW!!! It looks so freaking stunning on you!! Seems like it has the right balance of cool and warm. Chanel Notorious is a bit too cool for me. Probably this one works better. Currently I’m using Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate #2. What’s your skin tone Taylor?

22. This is ridonkulously gorgeous on you! It looks like it might be a bit muddy in the pan, but on your skin it works beautifully. Love the packaging of Burberry’s makeup line, if I had a counter near me I’d probably have bought everything already.

23. Tiffany says:

Earthy looks like an incredibly versatile shade! I have and love NYX Taupe as well, and Earthy seems like the more luxe version of it, which I’m all for 🙂 Taylor, you NEED Tangerine! It’s amazing. One of my favorite blushes for sure.

I picked up Russet last year for my birthday, and while I really love the Burberry formula and the aesthetic of the line is SO, SO up my alley, I don’t actually wear the blush all that often. It looks very natural on me, but I dunno…I’d like to try another shade to give it a fair go. The other Burberry products I own I love, so… I do agree that I’m not a huge fan of the scent, though it doesn’t really deter me too much. This shade is really lovely Taylor, if I had a fairer skintone I’d be all over it 🙂 Tangerine sounds great!

25. That looks absolutely fabulous and natural on you!

26. I need this blush in my life…it looks incredible on you…beautiful picture, indeed!! Thanks for the review and talk soon…xoxo

27. ooo i thought about getting this one for a while but ending up skipping this for tangerine! It looks SO good on you though 🙂