Dior Vernis ‘Sparkling Shine Collection’ in Delice

Dior has recently revamped their Addict Glosses and released an extensive selection of 24 new shades for Spring, along with 4 polishes and 16 lipsticks. Upon viewing the captivating display at my local Dior counter, I had a sudden case of pretty overload. Luckily, I came into the store with intent, otherwise, I would have been utterly hopeless and unable to maintain focus. The polishes were first on my list, particularly Délice.

dior-delice-1

Délice is one of the four sparkling shades released, along with Diablotine, Spring Ball, and Princess, as well as a Gel Top Coat. The polishes each have a lipstick and gloss pairing, lending a complementary sparkling shine to your lips and your tips. The varying selection of  pink and coral shades are all winners in my book, though I narrowed my personal selection to Délice and Diablotine.

dior-delice-4

Délice has been my introduction into the world of Dior Vernis. I will take a minute to go over the overall product. The awkward rectangle silver cap pops off revealing a round grooved top better suited for application. I have quickly become a huge fan of Dior’s Brush which makes application incredibly easy and foolproof. The brush is wide and flat, the bristles rounded at the sides giving me a greater amount of control. I had no polish fall onto the cuticle area, resulting in zero clean-up.

dior-delice-5Délice is a bright and bold orange-coral shade with gold, silver and pink shimmer. I have no gripes with this formula, it’s a stunner. I experienced no streaking or running and it wore long without any chipping. The opaque formula covers in one coat and you could easily get away without a second. The polish doesn’t offer the shiniest finish and a quick coat of high-shine top coat is recommeded, my personal choice is of seche-vite.

dior-delice-3

(without flash)

Wearing two coats of Delice with Seche Vite Top Coat in above and below images. The image without the flash is more accurate to how the actual color appears.

dior-delice-2

(with flash)

I have a review of the shade Diablotine coming soon as well as some other goodies I picked up from the collection.

Dior Vernis $24 (here)

Do you plan on picking up anything from the new collection? What?

This entry was posted in Makeup. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Dior Vernis ‘Sparkling Shine Collection’ in Delice

OMG look at what you did, Taylor! Now I need Delice too! I had Spring Ball on my nails this weekend. With all the snow going on it was really ironic, but I love the shade to bits!

I adore Delice! It’s the same shade that I was eyeing too! I love the sparkle in it, everything is just so perfect and pretty! ^^

3. satine89 says:

It’s stunning!

Gorgeous colour!! I can’t wait to paint my nails soon 😀

5. LifeOfBun says:

Such a fun color, I just want to eat it. 🙂 By the way your url on the brush is a cute placement choice!

6. Gorgeous! This is a very pretty, easy, summery shade–I love it! 🙂

Lovely! This is on the wishlist! I did pick up one of the new glosses, but it was during a Nordstrom Trend Show, so it was so busy and there wasn’t time to really browse and try things.

8. Woah, I NEED this. Such a gorgeous color!

9. I love the brightness of this color! I’m in such a mood for bright nails – I just rounded up three near-neon corals-to-pinks to do a bright summery nails post on. This reminds me of spring picnics in the sun 🙂

• How I would love a spring picnic in the sun! Bring it! I love bright shades too, Illamasqua Lament is one of my faves, it’s a bright pink-coral .. It’s so bright! Can’t wait to see your picks 🙂

10. CokaRabbit says:

The color is so pretty!!! Perfect for spring/summer!!!

11. Pingback: Dior ‘Addict’ Gloss in Délice for Spring 2013 | My Lucite Dreams

I love the shade of this polish but unsure about the shimmer – I’ll have to check it out in person to be sure!