YSL Rouge Volupté *Shine* in #8, #13, #6

When YSL released their Rouge Volupté ‘Shine’ lipsticks earlier this year I ordered #8 ‘Pink in Confidence’ right away (full review here)I am a huge fan of the original formula and was quickly won over with the new ‘shinier’ version. Since swatching the colors in store I picked up two additional shades which I am sharing with you today. ysl-rv-shine-1 The Rouge Volupté Shine Lipsticks are housed in the signature YSL gold packaging with a color indicator ‘belt’. The ‘Shine’ lipsticks are as smooth as the originals with a glossy finish. One swipe imparts bold color and when layered the color as well as the shine is increased. ysl-shine-1

Pink in Devotion #6 (bright hibiscus pink)

Pink in Confidence #8 (a dusty pale pink)

Pink in Paris #13 (a rose pink)

ysl-rouge-shine-1

The photos above show how the product increases in pigment and shine when layered. The Rouge Volupté Shine are incredibly comfortable and highly moisturizing. The shade ‘Pink in Devotion’ #6 contains a visible amount of shimmer.

ysl-rv-shine-2 ysl-rv-shine-6

wearing #8 ‘Pink in Confidence’ (above)

ysl-rv-shine-15 wearing #13 ‘Pink in Paris’ (above)

ysl-rv-shine-9

wearing #6 ‘Pink in Devotion’ (above)

YSL Rouge Volupté ‘Shine’ $34 available at nordstrom.com & sephora.com

#6 Pink in Devotion, #14 Pink in Paris, #8 Pink in Confidence

Have you tried the new formula? Your thoughts?

This entry was posted in Makeup and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to YSL Rouge Volupté *Shine* in #8, #13, #6

1. jpark0718 says:

I been wanting these lippies for ever now. I’m wondering if Sephora got them in yet? Do you know? I love #6 on you. #13 is also gorgeous. These are def on my wishlist.

2. Carina says:

Beautiful picks, Taylor!

OOOO my God! I keep saying I want to take a look at these and keep forgetting about it, but now I really really really have to!!! Great picks, Taylor! Such beautiful beautiful pinks!

4. LittoMokaa says:

They all look lovely on you! I bought #8 after reading your first review but sadly it didn’t turn out as pale since I have pigmented lips. It turned out more like a my lips but better shade! I love the formula, it’s so light yet its so moisturizing! I’m considering getting #13 now, it’s such a lovely pink for summer 🙂

5. Jessica says:

Seriously stunning, Taylor! I can’t decide which I like best on you. I only just ordered #12, but you’ve made me crave even more of them.

♥ Jessica

6. I bloody love these lippies! I must get my hands on 1 (10) soon! Great review and I love how clear the swatches are xx

7. Oh Taylor these are so gorgeous on you! I especially love Pink in Paris and Pink in Confidence–one for a more subtle everyday look and the brighter, warm shade for sunny spring days!! 😀

8 is really your colour, it’s so you! But I love the other two as well, especially 6! I bought mine last week but I still need to try it! I love the packaging so much of these ^^.

9. I love love love Pink in Confidence. Though all three are beautiful!

10. satine89 says:

I’ve heard so many good thinga about these lipsticks! ❤ #6 is my favourite!

11. They’re all gorgeous, and all three look amazing on you!

12. I’ve been wanting to check these out but haven’t got the chance to. I especially love Pink in Devotion on you. Very chic!

13. I really enjoy YSL new shine lipsticks, all of them. I particularly lean toward the bright pinks of the range. Although I’m a Tom Ford fan, I think YSL does a better job on color range, pigmentation, wearing with more affordable price and the same quality. I swatched them all in store and got some in mind. As soon as my makeup ban is lifted, I’ll grab them. Lovely pictures Taylor!

• Yes, nothing beats YSL pigmentation and colors! They always just seem to nail it for me 🙂 I’m very curious to try a TF lipstick, the colors look so incredible! I’m having trouble paying more than what I already do for lipstick though, what’s with all these bans??

These are so gorgeous, Taylor! Pink in Paris seems great for a summery look.

I haven’t tried any of these yet, but I’m slowly being converted by your swatches, Taylor! I just have a hard time paying $39CAD for a lippie…though once you go there, everything else will seem cheap lol.

Great spring and summer pinks!!!! Love these on you!

17. I love all of these on you, but Pink in Confidence is my favorite! Beautiful!

18. Angela says:

Ahhh loving #8 on you Taylor! You make me NEED so many things! Haha.

19. Beautiful shades, they look amazing on you, especially pink in devotion!! My wish list keeps getting bigger and bigger…poor wallet 😉 xx

20. claire says:

I am really loving those so much, so impressed and the pigmentation is actually very good and they are not as slippery as the RV 😀 you look great in every colour, I have pink in paris and another one that name I forgot, lol. you make so many lemmings ❤

21. OMG Taylor! They are all AMAZING on you, but Pink In Devotion-utter perfection on you!

22. Such a stunning trio of pinks! I love Pink in Paris just for the name hahaha, but oof cannot even pick a favorite. I think I need one of these in my life, you make them look oh so stunning. Would you happen to know how the formula compares to the Dior Addict lipsticks?

• Aww thank you so much! I love the formula. I find the YSL shines are definitely more pigmented than the Dior Addicts, the Dior feels more like a balm and you layer for more intense color… And the YSL is more slick and coats in one go. Both feel moisturizing to me, hope that helps 🙂

23. oooh all the shades are gorgeous on you! 🙂 I used to be really into YSL but i’m not as much anymore. Plus i’m never sure how i feel about the scent of their lip products these days :/

24. Stef says:

Got Corail Intuitive and just ordered Pink in Devotion after seeing your pics, was a difficult choice between the three as they are all gorgeous. Great post x