I have received lots of questions regarding my skin and the products that I use. It’s been a while since I posted an update and I have since discovered some incredible skin care finds. I have seen a difference in my skin as well. I will continue to keep you updated more regularly.
I am an absolute skin-care fanatic. The ingredients and science behind skin care is something that I am genuinely passionate about and the reason for starting this blog. I have always maintained some sort of routine since my early teens and believe it’s never quite to early to start. At 18 I started using anti-aging products as well as high doses of SPF. My time has taught me a lot of lessons, like keeping your skin hydrated at all times. A good moisturizer that is right for your skin type is the key to keeping your skin looking youthful, no matter what the form or price tag. I have also seen better results with more natural based ingredients.
As a background, my skin is generally dry with larger pores that have a tendency to get clogged up with gunk. Chemical exfoliators as well as regular facials are a must to keep my pores clear. I had a bout of acne in my mid-twenties and now I just have the occasional break-outs. I have darker under-eye circles made worse by seasonal allergies. I am 30 and anti-aging is my main concern.
- Cleanse – In the mornings I will do a quick cleanse with this non-drying formula while gently exfoliating with a muslin cloth.
- Toner – I keep them cool in the refrigerator and apply after cleansing, blotting off excess with a tissue. I use either the Kahina Toning Mist* or Sanitas Hyaluronic Mist.
- Serum – I have a whole lot of love for the One Love Organics Vitamin C Serum* which is moisturizing enough to take place of both my serum and daytime moisturizer. Its all-natural and chock-full of exquisite ingredients.
- Moisturizer – If I need any extra moisture, which I rarely do, I will apply the Weleda Wild Rose cream.
- Eye Cream – The Clinique Even Better Eyes is my eye cream go-to. It’s a little miracle cream that combats fine lines and dark under-eye circles. I love this stuff!
- SPF – I will apply my SPF right before makeup either with a makeup primer product or in the form of a sunscreen on the days that I need the extra protection. Currenly using Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer.
- The first cleanse – I love cleansing balms and am currently using the Thermal Cleansing Balm from Omorovicza. It smells delightful and works well at removing all traces of makeup. I apply a small amount to the entire face and neck and remove with a hot muslin cloth. While I love this one, i’m not certain I would pick it up again with such a high price tag. I remove excess eye waterproof eye makeup with Maybelline Expert Eyes Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover.
- The second cleanse – A facial cleansing machine is a must! I can attribute my clear skin to this little device. I am currently using it along with Fresh Soy Face Cleanser. I will switch up cleansers to include one with salicylic acid when “monthly” break-outs will most likely occur.
- Toner – I use the Kahina Toning Mist* in the evenings for an extra dose of moisture.
- Facial Oil – Kahina’s Argan Oil* is a moisture remedy for me. It absorbs quickly and intensely hydrates my skin. The quality is the tops when it comes to Argan Oil.
- Moisurizer – The Clarins Multi-Active Night is a fantastic moisturizer that I have been using for about two years now. It’s a great option but I will probably pick up something more natural when this one runs out.
- Eye Cream – Clinique Even Better Eyes.
ONCE A WEEK
- Origins Clear Improvement – Love this clay mask for a deep cleanse, a go-to for many years.
- May Lindstrom Clean Dirt – This product is one of pure beauty. It deeply cleanses and exfoliates with the purest of ingredients.
- Alpha-H – This is my current AHA exfoliant that I use about 2-3 times a week. I was very curious to try this with so much hype surrounding it. It might be a fine exfoliant but it contains a lot of alcohol. I wont be picking it up again.
- Tammy Fender Epi-Peel* – Currently trialing this all-natural exfoliator sent to me by the lovely CultBeauty.co.uk for review. It’s quite abrasive and requires a very light hand. Review to come.
- Kahina Antioxidant Mask* – I do love just about everything Kahina has to offer especially this non-drying clay mask that exfoliates the skin as you remove it.
What are some of your skincare essentials?