It’s Cinco de Mayo! Lets hold on just a second… put that margarita down. Today is also Melanoma Monday, a day that raises awareness for Melanoma and other skin cancers. While Melanoma is the deadliest form of skin cancer, it is also highly treatable when caught early. So, today lets check ourselves. Click here for self-examination information and to learn the ABCDE’s of Melanoma. The best way to keep ourselves safe is by practicing sun-safety. Here are some of my picks.
- Keep your eyes protected with these stunners from Wildfox Sun. The bigger the better when it comes to sun protection and age prevention.
- I am diligent with sunscreen and love this natural and organic version from Coola Suncare that has a matte finish. Never rely on makeup or skincare products alone for complete sun protection. Sunscreen needs to be applied and reapplied often
- For good measure, I apply the Clarins Sunscreen Stick to sun sensitive areas such as the nose, forehead, lips and shoulders. The stick form makes it blissfully easy to apply.
- For everyday wear, this salmon cap from Madewell is perfect extra protection.
- Rashguards have made waves in the fashion world. Lucky us we can cover up and look cool. It your going to be spending hours in the water (lucky you) you might as well sport one of these trendy and sun-safe swim suits from Jcrew.
- Matching Bottoms from Jcrew.
- If you do get too much sun this Dr. Weil for Origins Mega Mushroom Mask will soothe a sunburn in minutes.
- Most of us love the look of a tan and with so many great self-tan products on the market it would be silly not to fake it. My go to is the St. Tropez Self Tanning Bronzing Mousse. It provides natural color and streak-free application.
- Bite Beauty just releases a BB For Lips with an SPF 15.
- Add some extra protect by choosing a makeup with added sun protection. Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer will have your complexion looking summer fresh.
How are you protecting your skin this summer?