- Lina Hanson recently debuted her Satori Perfume Oil, as I reviewed here. This blend of warm vanilla, sandalwood, yuzu and ginger is utterly intoxicating, and an easy stand-out amid my favorites for the month.
- Au Naturale’s Lipstick in Innocence has been my daily go-to since I first got my hands on it. It’s the perfect soft pink and has a balmy texture. I’m nearly close to finishing it, which is something I’ve only done once before. If your curious as to what that lipstick was, it was MAC Bubbles. I was 16 and had a white, shimmery pout and I loved it.
- Jane Iredale’s Lip Definers are deliciously creamy, a favorite formula for sure. The shade Spice is the perfect pinky-nude, that is just a touch deeper than my natural lip color. It pairs brilliantly with Au Naturale Innocence.
- Kari Gran Lip Whips are a divine treat for your pout. The shade Radiance is a beautiful glossy pink, that is perfect on it own, or layered over any lip shade. (review)
- Prickly Pear Seed Oil is having moment. I am unequivocally a devout fan of this precious wonder oil (review). I apply Kahina’s Pricky Pear Seed Oil to my eye area, both day and night. The results have been nothing short of a miracle. My under eye area has significantly lightened, so much so, that I have been able to switch up my under-eye concealer to one that offers less coverage. Which leads me to…
- Though not nearly short on coverage, the RMS “Un” Cover Up is a brilliant under-eye concealer. It’s no secret, as this product is highly coveted by the industry elites. It covers, yet offers an undetectable finish ‘goals’. I do like to set the ‘Un” Cover Up with the RMS “Un” Powder, as the formula is quite creamy. (review)
- Speaking of “undetectable finishes”, I introduce you to the ‘mother’. The Gressa Minimalist Serum Foundation is one ingenious formula. Forget that it’s completely natural, forget that it is actually good for your skin. This formula trumps all serum foundations on the market today, be it ‘clean’ or not. Two to three drops is all that is needed. It glides across your face with no effort at all, leaving behind the most natural coverage. I am currently wearing a mix of shades 3 and 4.
- Kumari Luxury Sandalwood and Magnolia Body Oil makes me feel as though I’m spoiling myself on the regular. I am smitten with the fragrance of this oil, and of course I adore how it nourishes my skin. (review)
- I have recently posted about the Imbibe Pearl Essence Cleansing Mineral Treatment. This powdered cleanser effectively washes away impurities in the most gentlest way. I’ve been adding this versatile treatment powder into my shampoo, as recommended, with excellent results. It has been helping to normalize my finicky scalp.
- The Jurlique Wrinkle Sofening Cream is an excellent moisturizer for dry skin. I’m not certain why I haven’t shared this product yet, though I feel a review is certainly in order. This is my second tube and a go-to for when I’m in need of extra moisture. In considering the recent weather conditions here in New York, I’ve been reaching for this one regularly.
What is sexy? Confidence is sexy. No matter what is that makes you feel your most beautiful, stick to that and don’t alter it for anyone. Whether it be smoky eyes, pink lips, blue lips, black lace or velour onesies, go with it. Need some suggestions? Her are a few suggestions.
Flying Solo for Valentine’s Day? I want you to consider these suggestions as well. There is no love like self-love. Nurture and care for yourself habitually, just for you, because that is a good enough reason.
Elevate the mood with Moon Juice Sex Dust. This holistic blend of libido-enhancing ingredients, including Maca and Cacao, promises to warm you up and “send waves of blood to all the right places.”
Create touchable texture with Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray. This ‘cult classic’ creates a perfectly undone look, while adding volume to your roots, and leaving behind an incredible fragrance. For soft, tousled waves, curl hair with a wide barrel curling iron, at least 1 1/2 inches. Flip head upside down and mist hair from roots to ends.
Achieve your softest skin with the Captain Blankenship Rosemary & Lemongrass Body Scrub. A personal favorite, this chocolate scented scrub effortlessly sloughs off dead skin, while leaving behind a veil of dewy moisture.
Get kissable lips with the Bite Beauty Champagne Agave Lip Mask. Treat your dry, chapped pout by drenching your lips in moisture. Champagne contains a subtle rose-gold hue and has a deliciously fruity taste, that is sure to keep you lip-locked.
Keep the red off your lips and put it on your tips, with a red statement nail, like RGB Nail Polish in Too Red. According to science, this rosy hue gains popularity within the male sex. So ladies, lets keep it ‘on’ ourselves by adding a pop to our digits.
A natural glowing complexion can be achieved, courtesy of RMS Living Luminizer. Enhance your look by applying this brilliant highlighter to the brow bones, cheekbones, and down the bridge of your nose. For little extra lighting, add it to your collarbone.
Create ambience by candlelight, with a fresh and floral fragrance, like the ‘limited edition’ Rosafolia candle by Diptyque. Fresh Ivy and Turkish rose combined with galbanum and geranium, unite to create a fresh green fragrance with soft floral notes.
Spritz yourself with a sexy scent, like Honres des Pres Love Coconut. Though not your typical tropical coconut fragrance, this one combines fresh coconut milk in a base of tonka bean and vanilla bourbon with a base of white cedar and organic coconut essence. The invoking combination creates a warm and sultry bouquet.
Look better naked as you achieve flawless skin with PRTTY Peaushun. The ‘pretty potion’ contains a subtle amount of shimmer to conceal minor imperfections and create a slimmer silhouette. A combination of natural botanical extracts work to lift, firm, and tighten. It’s brilliant!
Get beautifully bronzed with the Tarte Brazilliance Self Tanner. This self-tanner from Tarte applies like a breeze with an included application mitt. The best part? It smells of vanilla.
I want to know, what makes you feel sexy?
- Loving Porter Magazine which is loaded with stunning visuals.
- I’ve upped the ante in my exfoliation routine and have seen great results. Powdered exfoliants are my favorite and One Love Organic’s Brand New Day is a top pick. It’s gentle enough for daily use and contains pineapple enzymes for added exfoliating benefits. (buy)
- Kahina’s Fez serum, or just “the Fez” as I call it, is like wrapping yourself in a warm blanket. It’s moisturizing benefits are substantial and its fragrance, intoxicating. (buy)
- I’ve suddenly taken to lip pencils, just like that. In the past I often omitted this step for fear of looking too ‘overdone’. However, as of recent, I’ve been quit keen on MAC Cosmetics Lip Liner in Oak.
- The Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Champagne, which I recently reviewed, is a top pick for fall.
- The Kjaer Weis brand blows my mind with its ingenious ingredients, performance, and textures. A little bit goes a long way with their cream blushes. I’ve been wearing the shade Abundance regularly this fall season. It’s a stunning plummy taupe with a subtle iridescent finish. (review) (buy)
- Off the topic of beauty, I had to share my love for Athleta’s Beloved Bralette. It has cups for added shaping (no uni-boob) and gorgeous back detailing.
- The NAILS INC. Gel Effect Polish is a lovely formula that applies with ease. Kensington High Street is a rich deep burgundy.
When it comes to lip balms, I say go natural and keep it simple. Many popular lip balm brands contain parabens, synthetic fragrances and petroleum, which merely mask the problem. In actuality these harsh ingredients are only further drying the skin, thus resulting in the dreaded ‘lip balm addiction’. I further recommend avoiding any flavored formulas. Flavored balms will only temp you to lick your lips, and saliva is a no-no for dry lips. Today I’m sharing my top six all-natural balms to keep your lips healthy and kissably smooth all winter long.
Suvana Organic Paw Paw & Honey Balm is an ‘anywhere balm’ that is perfect for the lips. It’s slick, jelly formula contains natural and organic ingredients all the way from Australia. Paw Paw (or papaya extract) and honey are the featured ingredients in this one. It contains only the faintest sweet scent. $14 spiritbeautylounge.com
RMS Beauty Lip & Skin Balm in Simply Vanilla is another ‘anywhere balm’ loaded with coconut oil goodness. Available in either vanilla or cocoa, this multi-tasker keeps my lips intensity hydrated. The vanilla fragrance is subtle and sweet with a touch of coconut. In cooler temperatures is has a tendency to harden, due to its high content of coconut oil, but melts on contact with the skin. $25 anthropologie.com
Ellovi Lip Butter is an all-natural six-ingredient balm. It keeps lips hydrated for hours and is a great value. $5 ellovi.com
S.W. Basics Lip Balm in Cinnamon is all-natural and organic. Its simple, easy, and highly effective with only 3-5 ingredients, depending on the essential oil options you choose. Cinnamon is my current favorite, with a combination of cardamon and cinnamon essential oils. The balm melts on your lips as you apply it, leaving behind a glossy shine. $4 swbasicsofbk.com
Queen of the Hive Organic Lip Balm with Manuka Honey contains Wedderspoon’s fabulous Manuka Honey and Manuka Beeswax. All ingredients are certified organic and it contains peppermint essential oil which gives it a zing. It’s highly effective and I’ll be doling one out to each of my family members this Holiday Season. $4.99 wedderspoon.com
Waxelene Lip Balm Tube contains organic soy oil, beeswax, vitamin e oil, and organic rosemary oil. Waxelene is the a petroleum jelly alternative. I love this simple moisturizer for my body and my lips. $3.99 spiritbeautylounge.com
What are your favorite lip balms?
Do I dare say that summer is over in only a few weeks? Well, it flew by and now I am on a mission to soak it all in. Here are a few of my absolute favorite beauty products that are helping me to look my best as I do it.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Manga Waterproof Mascara – I deem the recently released Voluminous Manga mascara from L’Oreal, my new current HG of mascaras. It adds more volume and out-curls my straight limp lashes. More so than my previous favorite, the original Waterproof Voluminous. It’s completely swim-proof, I’ve tested it.
- Hourglass Ambient Blush in Dim Infusion – This peachy-coral blush gives skin a natural, believable flush, with a luminous glow. The formula is perfection, and the look, and shade are perfect on top to an already tanned complexion. (review)
- Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eye Shadow – These gorgeous shadows from Josie Maran create a stunning eye look in seconds. The formula won’t crease or budge throughout any hot summer day. (review)
- Chanel SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL Bronzing Makeup Base – I still adore this bronzer for when I already have a bit of a tan, to add some dimension. This lovely mousse-like formula is easy to blend, and feels like nothing on. (review)
- Juara Candlenut Perfume Oil – My go-to fragrance for the summer. It smells of a tropical breeze. (review)
- Nars Tinted Moisturizer – Hands down the best TM I’ve ever tried and an all-time favorite. St. Moritz is the shade that keeps my glowing all summer long. (review)
- Coola spf 30 Cucumber Face Moisturizing Sunscreen – The Ultimate summer necessity, in an chemical-free and organic formula. (review)
- Clarins Sunscreen Stick – I still haven’t found anything better for protecting my lips and nose.
- Gressa Bare Lip Boost – I’m all about easy balms for the summer. This ‘lip boost’ from Gressa is the perfect light pink to add a touch of color, while intensely hydrating the lips. (review)
- Lina Hanson Global Baby Oil – I love this fragrance-free oil for summer. It absorbs instantly, which was a must in the heat. It’s also great for sensitive skin and won’t attract any unwanted pests. (review)
- Kahina Argan Oil – Forever a favorite, and a saviour for dry patches, cuticles, hair and whatever else. (review)
- Wedderspoon Queen of the Hive Manuka Honey Lip Balm in Peppermint – An amazing lip balm with Manuka Honey for soothe dry lips overnight.
- S.W. Basics of Brooklyn Toner – I talk about this toner ALOT. I adore what it does from my skin. It’s also great for a boost post workout, or just when you’re sitting around sweating you’re a** off. (review)
- Kerastase Spray a Porter – For the ultimate beach hair, this texturizer won’t make hair dry or crunchy but essentially the opposite.
Tell me your Summer Faves!
*Hat from Madewell, Bikini Top from Athleta
Here are a few of my product crushes for the month of May…
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in Blue Orchid offers incredible wear and has been my go-to shade this spring. (review) (buy)
- The LORAC SummerGLO Palette* is a staple in my travel bag this summer. I’ve been using this one for a neutral look, as well as when I want to play around with color. (review) (look) (buy)
- I can thank the Elizabeth Dehn for One Love Organics Active Moisture Vitamin C Body Oil* for my super soft skin. I sort of can’t keep my hands off myself. The pineapple scent is perfect for summer and puts a skip in my step. (review) (buy)
- I’m still crazy for the RMS Buriti Bronzer and depend of this beauty to liven up my complexion. It’s a true-bronze shade that illuminates skin. (review) (buy)
- The Kjaer Weis Foundation is pretty amazing and unlike any foundation I have tried before. Most of the time I’m reaching for my natural foundations to further care for my skin. The KW Foundation provides medium coverage and is nearly invisible on the skin. I will be reviewing this one soon. (buy)
- I purchased the Juara Candlenut Perfume Oil the instant I smelled it, which is a first. I usually require some time to see how the fragrance evolves and if it ultimately irritates my keen scenes of smell. I knew it would be love, and I am so right. Meet my new summer fragrance. (full review soon)
- LORAC Alter Ego Lipstick in Girl Next Door* is such a beautiful light coral/pink. I love the long-wear matte formula. (review) (buy)
What are some of your favorites for May?
I gladly bid farewell to this past frigid month of February and hello to March. Although it’s already snowed this month and all signs of warmer weather are amiss, I still hold hope for the new approaching season. Snow or not, Springs new beauty Collections are in full bloom. There have been some exciting releases this season and a few already have made it to my list of favorites.
S.W. Basics Toner – After a stressful couple of weeks my skin did not fair too well. I started to develop a form of Dermatitis on my face. After some research and after testing several treatments, I came across this toner from S.W. Basics. Within a couple of days, my skin cleared up and with continued use, it keeps my Dermatitis at bay. The S.W. Basics toner is sort has been a savior.
Aroma M Camellia Hair Oil – I’ve recently reviewed this products after receiving a sample from Aroma M. I adore this oil so much and have recently picked up the full-sized. (review)
Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Incandescent – A recent acquisition from the Tom Ford’s Spring/Summer Collection. This stunning metallic-gold polish, Incandescent, reminds me of the warm days that I am longing for. (review)
By Terry Cover Expert Foundation in #7 – The newest addition to my foundation collection. This might be the ultimate ‘un-makeup’ makeup. While I am still testing, I will be sure to post my thoughts soon.
Gressa Lip Boost in Bare – Probably my most worn lip product as of recent. While it contains gorgeous pigments, it conditions like your favorite balm and it’s all natural to boot. I am never without it. (review)
Hourglass Ambient Blush in Dim Infusion – It’s no surprise that the Ambient Blushes are everywhere, they’re gorgeous. Dim Infusion brings life to my complexion. The formula is beautiful as if it melts into the skin. (review)
What’s on your February Favorites List?