A fall favorite of mine is Deborah Lippmann’s Stormy Weather which was created along with Narciso Rodriguez. Stormy Weather is a richly pigmented granite-grey with a cream finish. Like all Deborah Lippmann polishes, Stormy Weather goes on like a dream. It is a pleasure to paint your nails with such a polish. It covers in one coat, opaque in two, leaving a streak-free finish and incredible shine. Stormy Weather has a long-wear time with zero chipping even after a weeks time. I only changed my polish because I wanted to switch things up and not because I needed to. I love this shade for fall and winter and can see myself reaching for it often.
wearing 2 coats of Stormy Weather and Deborah Lippmann Addicted to Speed Top Coat
Stormy Weather is $16 – Get it here
Have you tried Deborah Lippmann’s polishes? Do you love them as much as I do?
my perfume collection
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill
shades of bergundy
Hope you all had a lovely week!
Happy Monday! Yesterday was the first day I felt that cool breeze in the morning and evening that melt’s summer into autumn, I could smell it. I quickly grabbed for leather and took a couple of outfit photo’s marking the seasonal change. Black…. check!
leather jacket – Michael Kors (old), skort – Zara, tee – Asos, Boots – Matiko, black leather bracelet – Tory Birch (old), spike bracelet – Asos,
- Laura Mercier ‘Bonne Mine’ Face and Cheeks palette – A stunning palette of crème colours for face and cheeks including one bronzer veil, two cheek veils, and two glow veils. A gorgeous selection of colors for bronzing and sculpting, Laura Mercier does face makeup well. $48 sephora.com
- Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation – I cannot wait to get my hand on this much buzzed about foundation. $62 (here)
- Dior Vernis in Amazonia – Loving this dark grey-green shade from Dior’s Golden Jungle Collection. $23 (here)
- Nars Sheer Lipstick in Fast Ride – All about the dark lip trend and loving this deep berry shade in an easy to wear sheer formula. $24 narscosmetics.com
- Giorgio Armani ‘Rouge d’Armani’ Lipstick in 526 – This is a stunning rose shade from Armani’s Fall look. $30 (here)
- Chanel Rouge Allure in ‘Pirate Look’ – I want to match my tip’s to my lip’s in Chanel’s covetable collections of red. Pirate is a blue-based red. $26-$34 nordstrom.com
What on your fall makeup wishlist?
Hello Lovelies! I am hosting a giveaway for a chance to win one Chanel Nail Colour in the color of your choice! Why? because every woman deserves to feel special, and sometimes applying the perfect shade of Nail Polish from Chanel can do that!
My picks for fall :
Vertigo – a dark-plum/grey
Frenzy – a beige/grey
Dragon – a perfect red
Click here to view all shades
- Like My Lucite Dreams on Facebook
- Follow My Lucite Dreams on Twitter
- Leave a comment below telling me what Chanel Nail Colour you would like to win and the names of your facebook and twitter accounts
- For 1 additional entry subscribe to My Lucite Dreams via e-mail
One lucky winner will be chosen at random
Ends 9/24 12pm EST
I’m not in the habit of posting Beauty Box Subscription reviews, however, this months US Glossybox deserves a mention. In case you do not know, Glossybox is a subscription service that delivers five travel-sized beauty samples to your mailbox monthly. Glossybox is a bit more money that other subscription services that I’ve subscribed to, but you certainly get your moneys worth. You can pay a monthly fee of $21, a $115 fee for six months, or a $220 fee for the year. I usually opt for the monthly fee because you can cancel at any time. I have canceled all my other beauty box subscriptions except for this one. Getting a Glossybox at my door each month is sort of a thrill for someone like me. I also love the surprise factor. Now for the products…
- Touch in Sol Feel like Honey Skin Base – An all in one moisturizer and skin base. There are small amounts of gold leaf in the tube which was not noticeable on the skin. This base provided me with moisture, while helping my makeup go on smoother. I will need to test it further for a better review, but with my rigid skin routine im not certain I will be adding in the near future. 1.06 oz sample size (Full size-3.1 oz/$22)
- Ellis Faas Milky Lips – I just so happened to be shopping for an orange-toned lipstick earlier in the day. Luckily I didn’t pick one up because this stunner was waiting for me at home. I’m in love with the texture and color provided and will be sure to post a full review. Full Size sample/$35
- Ole Henrichsen Truth Serum Collagen Booster – A potent vitamin C complex to brighten, smooth and help the appearance of aging. I used to use this product years ago. It’s a great serum for the day and I might start using it when my current serum runs out. sample size 0.5 oz (full size- 1.0 oz/$48)
- Biolage Exquisite Oil – A replenishing hair treatment featuring a Moringa Oil blend. Smoothed my hair while remaininh weightless. I love my Moroccanoil too much to make a switch, but it is a lovely oil. (full size 3.1oz/$22)
- Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Radium – A neon yellow-green polish with iridescence from the beloved Illamasqua. I am a huge fan of Illamasqua polishes, they go on well and are chip resistant giving you long-wear. I was thrilled to find this among this months products, but not in this color. It is very cool, but just not me. I was thinking of maybe doing a giveaway, interested? full size sample $14
Do you subscribe to any monthy beauty boxes? Which ones?
I saw this manicure in a YSL campaign and knew I needed to recreate it. It is so chic and easy to do, I hope you will try it.
What I used:
- Essie Licorice
- Essie Matte About You
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
- First, paint your nails with Essie Licorice (or any black nail polish, this formula was fantastic) then apply Seche Vite Top Coat and allow to dry.
- Second apply french tip nail stickers covering the tips which will remain glossy. Paint the nail underneath with Essie’s Matte About You. I find it easier to do it this way because the stickers to not stick where I have applied the glossy quick dry top coat.
- Peel of stickers and Voila!