If navigating through the makeup displays at your local department stores strikes you as a bit overwhelming – the extensive offerings, the excitable salespeople anxious to sell you something, anything really, don’t dismay. This is where the luxury beauty and spa retailer, Bluemercury comes in. Bluemercury is more of a curated boutique, carrying a finely tuned selection of your favorite department store brands and more, while offering customers expert advise sans the “pitch”. Bluemercury additionally carries some of my favorite niche green beauty brands, including Odacité, Tammy Fender, and RMS.
Check out some of my Bluemercury top picks and keep on reading to see how to enter for a chance to win a $50 gift card!
Continue reading “My Bluemercury Top Picks and a $50 Gift Card Giveaway”
You diligently slather your face with highly concentrated face oils and serums to promote a more youthful glow, great! So, why would you treat your body anything differently? You can find a wide range of antioxidant-rich body oils on the market, that work to hydrate, protect, and deliver more youthful and radiant skin. If you haven’t already incorporated a body oil into your daily routine, its time. A stand-out for certain, in the world of high performance body serums, is the One Love Organics Gardenia + Tea Antioxidant Body Serum. This potent anti-aging serum, loaded with active naturals, hydrates exceptionally and provides an undeniable glow.
Continue reading “A Summer Glow with One Love Organics Gardenia + Tea Antioxidant Body Serum”
Queen of the Hive “gives you the royal treatment” with their all natural line of skincare featuring Wedderspoon’s highly regarded manuka honey. In the Queen of the Hive Face contour Cream, rare New Zealand Manuka Honey is blended together with bee venom and a combination of well-sourced natural and organic botanicals to stimulate, nourish, and intensely moisturize the skin.
INGREDIENTS: Canadian glacial water, *rose hydrosol (rosa damascena), lanette wax (cocos nuciferia, cetearyl glucoside, cetearyl alcohol), *apricot kernel oil (prunus armeniaca kernel oil), *cocoa butter (theobroma cacao seed butter), *hydrolyzed rhizobian gum, acacia senegal gum, *manuka active (OMA) honey (mel), *refined avocado oil (persea gratissima oil), *beeswax (cera alba), natural phenethyl alcohol, *marshmallow root (althaea officinalis root), *rosehip oil (rosa fruit oil), *evening primrose oil (oenothera biennis oil), *vitamin e (mixed tocopherols), *vanilla (vanilla planifolia), *ylang ylang essential oil (cananga odorate flower), *egyptian geranium oil (pelargonium graveolens oil), bee venom (Apitoxin).
The Queen of the Hive Face Contour Cream contain’s an impressive list of all natural and organic antioxidant-rich ingredients. Wedderspoon’s raw active manuka honey, featured in the Queen of the Hive Face Contour Cream, is a natural miracle for the skin and an essential in my own personal skin care routine. The Contour Cream also contains a blend of exquisite natural oils, cocoa butter, beeswax and essential oils to provide optimal hydration and anti-aging benefits. The addition of bee venom (derived from cruelty-free extraction practices) stimulates blood flow to the skin triggering the production of collagen and elastin.
In just a few days, the Face Contour Cream will have your skin looking fresh and feeling deeply nourished. When used overnight, you awaken to a dewy and plump complexion. I was personally surprised to find just how well conditioned my skin felt by morning. The bee venom creates only the slightest tingle. After just a few days of use, its benefits are obvious. Skin appears firmer and in an overall healthier condition. The Face Contour Cream is perfect for any skin type and a great natural alternative to injections. See this very informative review from Sarita of ediblefacial.com.
Queen of the Hive has generously provided a Face Contour Cream for one lucky My Lucite Dreams’ reader to win. Please click the link below to see rules and find out how you can enter.
Giveaway has ended.
*sample generously provided
Since my last skin care roundup post I’ve discovered some new and incredible products. Also as a skin care fanatic, I am always testing some recently acquired additions. One huge standout these past couple of months is the S.W. Basics Toner. This products alone has completely cured a nasty bout of Seborrheic Dermatitis that I was dealing with. Another favorite is the Shea Terra Cleanser which continues to keep me blemish-free.
cleanse – Shea Terra Argan Oil & Acacia Honey Facial Wash (review)
tone – Gressa Rejuvenating Mist (review)
oil/serum – MVO Pacific Facial Oil (testing)
cream – Dr. Alkaitis Night Cream
eye cream – Arcona Eye Serum (new and loving)
+ Kahina Argan Oil if needed (review)
makeup remover – Elizabeth Dehn for One Love Organics Active Moisture Cleansing Oil (review)
cleanse – Wedderspoon Manuka Honey or Shea Terra Cleanser (using clarisonic)
tone – S.W. Basics Toner (review to follow)
serum/oil – RMS Beauty Oil (not pictured)
cream – Dr. Alkaitis Night Cream and Kahina Argan Oil (if needed)
eye – Arcona Eye Serum
- Shea Terra Organics Rosemary & Herb Facial Steam
- Osmia Organics Detox Exfoliating Mask (review)
- Gressa Dirty Pretty Things (review)
- One Love Organics Brand New Day
- Kahina Giving Beauty Antioxidant Mask (review)
- Wedderspoon Organic Manuka Honey Active 16+
A look at my current skin care routine
- John Masters Organics Bearberry balancing face wash – A fantastic cleanser for my combination skin. I switch off between this and a salicylic acne wash in the AM. See my review here. Get it at JohnMasters.com
- 100% Pure Organic Rose Hydrosol – Used as a toner after cleansing and throughout the day to refresh my skin in hot temperatures. Get it here.
- Arcona Magic White Ice AM/PM – A great serum chock full of antioxidants used to protect my skin from environmental factors and for additional hydration. I do switch up my serums when I am finished with them, but I do love this one, it has done a lot for my skin. Get it here.
- Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Day Cream – I’m a big fan of Weleda skin care products and this cream is divine. This product is a staple for me. Get it here.
- John Masters Organics Bearberry Balancing Face Wash – I use this in the PM as well to thoroughly cleanse my skin of dirt and makeup with my Clarisonic Mia.
- Dermae Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser – I will use this cleanser about 2 nights per week in place of my John Masters cleanser to help exfoiliate my skin. I only use this twice a week because it can be very drying. Get it here.
- Arcona Magic White Ice AM/PM
- Clarins Multi-Active Night – A n excellent moisturizing night cream that plumps dehydration lines and has many anti-aging benefits. This is a staple item for me. Get it here.
- Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil – I will add this aromatic oil to my moisturizer on the days that my night cream just won’t do. It is incredibly beneficial for dry skin, it instantly plumps and leaves your skin radiant. See my review here. Get is at Nordstom.com
- Clarsonic Mia – Hands down the most important step of my skin care routine. I use this every single night with a foaming cleanser to deeply cleanse my skin. My skin has considerably changed since the introduction of this to my daily routine. I suffered from adult acne earlier on and completely cleared it up thanks to a skin cleansing device. This is the one item I would never want to do without. It also prepares your skin for the absorption of skin creams. Worth every penny. I previously used one by Olay Pro X which was a great cleansing system but upgraded to this sturdier and rechargeable version. See a post I did here on adult acne.
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask – This mask is my favorite. I have been using it since I was 15. It deeply cleanses and instantly brightens my skin. This mask continues to work for my skin after 14 years. I think that says something. Get it at Origins.com
- Philosophy The Microdelivery Mini Peel Pads – Again I have been using this product for many years. I love the way my skin looks and feels after use. I will use in the evenings and sleep with it on, sometimes with a light moisturizer on top, or alone. Get it at Sephora.com
Did any of these products Pique your interest? What are your skin care staples? I would love to here.