I have highly anticipated the release of Dior’s ‘Le Grand Bal’ collection, deeming it the most covetable of this years Holiday Makeup Collections. The ‘Grand Bal’ Collection is a selection of golds and reds of true sophistication encased in the most elegant gold packaging. One item that immediately spoke to me was the Diorific Vernis. These nail polishes come packaged in a round glass bottle with a high-shine gold top, reminiscent to me of a luxury purfume bottle. This polish should be displayed and is currently residing among the fragrances upon my vanity. These Long Wearing Haute Couleur are limited edition and available in four shades, which complement thier related Diorific Lipsticks in contrast. I ordered mine immediately upon its online release at Nordstrom.com for $26.
Diorific Vernis in Diva is a black onyx with small amounts of gold and purple shimmer. This polish is far more lovely in person than when viewed in Dior’s promo photos. I did my best to show you how stunning it truly is. The shimmer is subtle but certainly noticeable in just the right way. Diorific Vernis comes on beautifully, providing a high-shine opaque finish in two coats. I didn’t experience any streaking or drifting. I was curious if this lovely packaging might jeopardize its application but found it to be no trouble at all.
Will you be picking anything up from the Dior ‘Grand Bal’ Collection?
A very unexpected look this summer among this season’s hottest trends is the dark lip. We saw it come to a head at this year’s MET gala. This look is sophisticated and chic, a great alternative to a red lip. This bold lip trend ranges from deep shades of burgundy, brown, purple, plum, and flat black. This dark lip color looks great with a tan, which also makes it more wearable. To keep it fresh, pair it with a white shirt, it’s a great look. I picked out a few of my favorite tones and formulas to help guide you and included some products to complete the look. I recommend using a lip liner with this look for a clean line, such as MAC longwear lip pencil in Absolutely It.
- Nars Pure Matte Lip Pencil in Damned – a very wearable deep magenta (my pick) (sephora.com)
- Chanel Rouge Coco #29 Ballet Russe (chanel.com)
- MAC Lipstick in Film Noir – a deep brown (maccosmetics.com)
- Nars Lipstick Vendanges – an easy to wear sheer grape shade (sephora.com)
- Yves Saint Laurent in 8 Rouge Pur Couture – a deep red/purple – (yslbeautyus.com)
When wearing this trend I chose to keep the rest of my face fairly simple. Choose peach, pink, or nude beiges on the eyes and warm up the cheeks with a nude blush. Match your lips with a deep plum nail polish or lighten it up with a beige pink. Brighten up your complexion with a natural looking highlighter.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Eyeshadow in Pearly Peach 153 – a peach gold shimmer (sephora.com)
- Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Monogamous – a pale milky pink (sephora.com)
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Dark Side of the Moon – a deep aubergine (beauty.com)
- Benefit High Beam Highlighter – (benefitcosmetics.com)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed – a warm nude (tartecosmetics.com)
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Liner in 13 Mat Black (sephora.com)
Will you be wearing this season’s dark lip trend?
A list of 5 things currently on my radar…
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned – these matte lip pencils are one of my favorite lip products, when I wear dark shades I love a matte formula for its lasting ability,getting on the dark lip trend ,which I am loving – at sephora.com
- Yves Saint Laurent ‘No. 6 Terriblement Noir’ nail polish duo – a gorgeous duo of black shades, one shiny, one Matte, think of the possibilities… – at nordstrom.com
- Alpha H Liquid Gold – everyone should be using an acid peel containing AHA’s to exfoliate skin, not scrubs, I cringe when people tell me they are using harsh grainy scrub to exfoliate the skin, the skin on the face is so gentle and should be treated so and this is the way to do it, I wanted to switch up my current peel and I have heard tremendous things about this one, can’t wait to try it – at beautybay.com
- Phyto Phytoneutre Shampoo – a detoxifying shampoo from the lovely hair care brand Phyto, sometimes our hair needs a detox from all the product that builds up on the scalp – at beautybar.com
- Byredo Parfums Vanquish Candle – a gorgeous luxury candle by Byredo containing notes of rose, cedarwood, ginger, incense, and guaic wood – at barneys.com
My Birthday was yesterday, cant wait to share with you some photos and goodies I received. xx
What is currently on your radar? I would love to hear.
I’m so excited to do my very first ‘outfit of the day’ post. These photo’s were taken on the North Shore of Long Island down the block from my parent’s home. At the end of this path is a little square of private beach overlooking the Long Island Sound, a perfect spot for watching sunsets.
Skirt – MINKPINK Angela Maxi Skirt (urbanoutfitters.com) Bodysuit -(old) Purse – Rebecca Minkoff M.A.C. Clutch (here) – Bracelet gold/black – Tory Burch (F/W 2011) – Rings/gold bracelet (all vintage)