If navigating through the makeup displays at your local department stores strikes you as a bit overwhelming – the extensive offerings, the excitable salespeople anxious to sell you something, anything really, don’t dismay. This is where the luxury beauty and spa retailer, Bluemercury comes in. Bluemercury is more of a curated boutique, carrying a finely tuned selection of your favorite department store brands and more, while offering customers expert advise sans the “pitch”. Bluemercury additionally carries some of my favorite niche green beauty brands, including Odacité, Tammy Fender, and RMS.
Check out some of my Bluemercury top picks and keep on reading to see how to enter for a chance to win a $50 gift card!
Continue reading “My Bluemercury Top Picks and a $50 Gift Card Giveaway”
When a Natural Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger, a Flower Alchemist, and a natural Mineral Makeup brand unite, you get a truly one-of-a-kind makeup collection. Created with love as the intent, the Beauty by Britanie Bohemian Collection is far more than just makeup, as these crystal-infused formulas contain a blend of flower essences to uplift your mood and evoke positive feelings.
Continue reading “Beauty by Britanie Bohemian Collection with Modern Minerals and Lotus Wei”
A luminous makeup look starts with the skin. Exfoliate, cleanse, hydrate and protect your skin to reveal your most radiant complexion. I always emphasize that it is “skin first, makeup second.” Once your skin is prepped, opt for creamy products with luminous finishes and natural ingredients to protect and nurture the skin as they further work to optimize your natural radiance.
Even Things Out: I am a big fan of self-tanning. If you are stuck in the old way of thinking that self-tanners just don’t look natural, think again! There are so many amazing formulas out there that deliver a natural looking tan, sans the damage. Having a bit of a tan will help to even skin tone, allowing you to use less product. Follow up with a lightly tinted, luminous moisturizer with SPF, like Pacifica Ultra CC Cream Radiant Foundation or Suntegrity 5-in1 Tinted Sunscreen. I must mention I do not supplement any CC creams or tinted moisturizer for a moisturizer.
Cover: To conceal the under-eye area and other areas of the face that may need more coverage, the RMS Un-Coverup is an indigenous product. With the use of a damp Beauty Blender, strategically place extra coverage wherever you desire. The RMS Un-Coverup provides fuller coverage while brilliantly creating a dewy and luminous, skin-like finish.
Bronze & Blush: To create subtle definition and to promote a healthy summer glow, use liquid and cream bronzers for the most natural effect. Gressa’s Minimalist Contouring Serum is in a league of its own. Just one drop of this brilliant bronzing serum, rich in skin-healthy ingredients, creates the most natural tan. Use this beauty to add some subtle contour. Gressa’s Air Focus Foundation Brush is a must for seamless application. For some additional luminosity apply some RMS’ Buruti Bronzer to the high points of your face. Create a subtle flush to the apples of the cheeks with W3LL People’s Universalist Multi-Use Stick in #9 Nude Flush.
Eyes & Lips: Keep it simple on the eyes and lips and leave the focus on your skin. Create subtle definition on the eyes by using natural bronze and nude tones with the Pacifica Power of Love Eye Shadow Palette. Open the eyes, and make them pop with volumizing mascara, L’Oreal Butterfly Intenza Waterproof is a good one. For a natural glossy pink pout I simply adore Gressa’s Lip Boost in Bare.
Glow on girls.
These hot and humid summer months have me streamlining my makeup routine for quick and easy options that outperform. Multi-tasking cream products are definite must, there is no way I am applying powders to an already tacky face. Add in “luminous”, “fool-proof” and a “healthy skin formula” and you have W3LL PEOPLE’s ingenious Universalist Multi-Use Colorsticks. These color sticks are multi-tasking makeup at its finest, with an exceptionally dreamy cream formula.
With the nourishing organic oils of grape seed, olive, camellia and safflower, along with the added benefits of antioxidants and soothing aloe, the Universalist Sticks coat your skin in a layer of skin-healthy ingredients along with vibrant color. These Colorsticks from W3LL PEOPLE are a definite stand-out for their formula and exceptional wear. A little goes a long way, as they blend seamlessly to create a healthy glowing finish that is “your skin but better”. They also layer beautifully for a more intense color payoff. The universal formula works well wherever you may place it, be it on the cheeks, eyes, or lips. The newest shade from the Universalist Multi-Use Colorstick range #9 Nude Flush, is a shade that you will actually want to apply all over.
Nude Flush: one swipe (left) and blended (right)
Nude Flush #9 is a warm brown shade with touches of orange and pink. The formula is from the matte range, although it does have a subtle luminosity. It is a divinely flattering shade for warmer skin tones, that adds the most natural healthy flush to cheeks. I’m over the moon for this new shade addition, and have been wearing it daily (all over) paired with a self-tan.
W3LL PEOPLE Universalist Multi-Stick Colorstick $34.50
La Bella Figura Beauty is ‘more than makeup’. It’s skin care first, with the added element of color. The Radiant Crème blush from LBF is brimming with an exquisite selection of nourishes oils and waxes, and anti-aging antioxidants. As you apply your blush, you can be certain that your treating your skin with the finest all-natural and organic ingredients.
Ingredients: Camellia Oleifera (Camellia Seed Oil)*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Trichilia Emetica (Marfura) Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Butter, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Cetearly Olivate (and) Sorbitan Olivate (Olive Wax), Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Wax, Maranta Arundinacea (Arrowroot) Powder, Kaolinite (White Clay) Powder, Opuntia Ficus Indica (Barbary Fig) Seed Oil*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Extract, Terminalia Ferinandiana (Kakadu Plum) Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit Oil, Schisandra Sphenanthera (Schisandra) Fruit CO2 Extract, Bertholletia Excelsa Flower Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower CO2 Extract*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract*, May Contain-(+/-Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491, (Mica) CI 77019
The Radiant Crème blush in Disco Queen Gloria has a sublime creamy texture that blends out beautifully. It adds moisture to the skin, as well as a healthy dose of radiance. Disco Queen Gloria is a stunning rose shade with subtle golden shimmer. The blush easily builds for a more dramatic effect. The textural result is natural with luminous pigment. With a combination of natural essential oils, the Cream blush has a lovely calming fragrance that smells, of well, skin care. Feel free to apply the cream blush anywhere. It wears beautifully on eyes and lips as well.
Disco Queen Gloria is my first indulgence into the world of La Bella Figura Beauty and will certainly not be my last. The Cream blush is a pure gem.
(wearing Disco Queen Gloria on cheeks, on eyes over a red-brown shadow, and on lips over RMS Lip to Cheek in Illusive)
Disco Queen Gloria $36
Do I dare say that summer is over in only a few weeks? Well, it flew by and now I am on a mission to soak it all in. Here are a few of my absolute favorite beauty products that are helping me to look my best as I do it.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Manga Waterproof Mascara – I deem the recently released Voluminous Manga mascara from L’Oreal, my new current HG of mascaras. It adds more volume and out-curls my straight limp lashes. More so than my previous favorite, the original Waterproof Voluminous. It’s completely swim-proof, I’ve tested it.
- Hourglass Ambient Blush in Dim Infusion – This peachy-coral blush gives skin a natural, believable flush, with a luminous glow. The formula is perfection, and the look, and shade are perfect on top to an already tanned complexion. (review)
- Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eye Shadow – These gorgeous shadows from Josie Maran create a stunning eye look in seconds. The formula won’t crease or budge throughout any hot summer day. (review)
- Chanel SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL Bronzing Makeup Base – I still adore this bronzer for when I already have a bit of a tan, to add some dimension. This lovely mousse-like formula is easy to blend, and feels like nothing on. (review)
- Juara Candlenut Perfume Oil – My go-to fragrance for the summer. It smells of a tropical breeze. (review)
- Nars Tinted Moisturizer – Hands down the best TM I’ve ever tried and an all-time favorite. St. Moritz is the shade that keeps my glowing all summer long. (review)
- Coola spf 30 Cucumber Face Moisturizing Sunscreen – The Ultimate summer necessity, in an chemical-free and organic formula. (review)
- Clarins Sunscreen Stick – I still haven’t found anything better for protecting my lips and nose.
- Gressa Bare Lip Boost – I’m all about easy balms for the summer. This ‘lip boost’ from Gressa is the perfect light pink to add a touch of color, while intensely hydrating the lips. (review)
- Lina Hanson Global Baby Oil – I love this fragrance-free oil for summer. It absorbs instantly, which was a must in the heat. It’s also great for sensitive skin and won’t attract any unwanted pests. (review)
- Kahina Argan Oil – Forever a favorite, and a saviour for dry patches, cuticles, hair and whatever else. (review)
- Wedderspoon Queen of the Hive Manuka Honey Lip Balm in Peppermint – An amazing lip balm with Manuka Honey for soothe dry lips overnight.
- S.W. Basics of Brooklyn Toner – I talk about this toner ALOT. I adore what it does from my skin. It’s also great for a boost post workout, or just when you’re sitting around sweating you’re a** off. (review)
- Kerastase Spray a Porter – For the ultimate beach hair, this texturizer won’t make hair dry or crunchy but essentially the opposite.
Tell me your Summer Faves!
*Hat from Madewell, Bikini Top from Athleta