Vertigo is one of three shades released this fall from Chanel. Vertigo is a truly complex shade that differs from the bottle to the nail and varies under different lighting. In the bottle Vertigo reads as a deep grey/plum with red and gold shimmer. On the nail Vertigo is more of a charcoal grey, the shimmer hardly noticeable unless under strong artificial lighting ,and even then, slight. I anticipated more plum tones and shimmer from this polish and find myself searching it. I am pleased however, by this sophisticated, vampy shade nonetheless, and find it perfect for the approaching fall season. Vertigo applied flawlessly giving me a perfect steak-free finish with high shine in two coats. Unfortunitely I experienced some major chipping on the second day.
In natural sunlight
Chanel Vertigo Le Vernis $24 – chanel.com
What are your thoughts on this shade? Will you be picking it up?
- Laura Mercier ‘Bonne Mine’ Face and Cheeks palette – A stunning palette of crème colours for face and cheeks including one bronzer veil, two cheek veils, and two glow veils. A gorgeous selection of colors for bronzing and sculpting, Laura Mercier does face makeup well. $48 sephora.com
- Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation – I cannot wait to get my hand on this much buzzed about foundation. $62 (here)
- Dior Vernis in Amazonia – Loving this dark grey-green shade from Dior’s Golden Jungle Collection. $23 (here)
- Nars Sheer Lipstick in Fast Ride – All about the dark lip trend and loving this deep berry shade in an easy to wear sheer formula. $24 narscosmetics.com
- Giorgio Armani ‘Rouge d’Armani’ Lipstick in 526 – This is a stunning rose shade from Armani’s Fall look. $30 (here)
- Chanel Rouge Allure in ‘Pirate Look’ – I want to match my tip’s to my lip’s in Chanel’s covetable collections of red. Pirate is a blue-based red. $26-$34 nordstrom.com
What on your fall makeup wishlist?