Ellis Faas Milk Lips are highly pigmented liquid lipsticks with a brush-tip applicator. “All shades are “human colors” meaning that they’re inspired by the colors that by nature already exist in the human body and are therefore suitable for all skin tones.”
On a recent hunt for an orange lipstick I had come up short, later to discover this Ellis Faas lip product amidst my Glossybox monthly samples. A great shade of orange lipstick, I have discovered, is not easy to come by, especially by someone of my coloring. I found them to be either to bright or just uncomplimentary to the pink tones in my skin. So maybe Ellis Faas is onto something in their use of “human colors” because this is the orange I never came across. This burnt orange shade is totally wearable.
It took a relentless amount of clicks to get this product going, and once it flowed it was difficult to control the amount released. The sleek silver ‘bullet style’ packaging is very cool and modern. This lipstick can be layered, from the effects of a stain to a full coverage lipstick, and works well to do this. The formula was deliciously creamy and light, and has a long wear time. Liquid lipstick is a perfect description of its consistency. My lips stayed moist for hours with beautiful bold color. However, I found a huge flaw in application. Product is dispersed through the center of the brush and streaks in application. The brush is firm and it is nearly impossible to blend this lipstick evenly to lips. I opted for a lip brush and my finger to apply. Once I tackled the application I loved the lipstick.
Ellis Faas Milky Lips in L204 – Burnt Orange
Ellis Faas Milky Lips $35 at sephora.com
Have you tried any Ellis Fass lip products? Any thoughts?
I’m not in the habit of posting Beauty Box Subscription reviews, however, this months US Glossybox deserves a mention. In case you do not know, Glossybox is a subscription service that delivers five travel-sized beauty samples to your mailbox monthly. Glossybox is a bit more money that other subscription services that I’ve subscribed to, but you certainly get your moneys worth. You can pay a monthly fee of $21, a $115 fee for six months, or a $220 fee for the year. I usually opt for the monthly fee because you can cancel at any time. I have canceled all my other beauty box subscriptions except for this one. Getting a Glossybox at my door each month is sort of a thrill for someone like me. I also love the surprise factor. Now for the products…
- Touch in Sol Feel like Honey Skin Base – An all in one moisturizer and skin base. There are small amounts of gold leaf in the tube which was not noticeable on the skin. This base provided me with moisture, while helping my makeup go on smoother. I will need to test it further for a better review, but with my rigid skin routine im not certain I will be adding in the near future. 1.06 oz sample size (Full size-3.1 oz/$22)
- Ellis Faas Milky Lips – I just so happened to be shopping for an orange-toned lipstick earlier in the day. Luckily I didn’t pick one up because this stunner was waiting for me at home. I’m in love with the texture and color provided and will be sure to post a full review. Full Size sample/$35
- Ole Henrichsen Truth Serum Collagen Booster – A potent vitamin C complex to brighten, smooth and help the appearance of aging. I used to use this product years ago. It’s a great serum for the day and I might start using it when my current serum runs out. sample size 0.5 oz (full size- 1.0 oz/$48)
- Biolage Exquisite Oil – A replenishing hair treatment featuring a Moringa Oil blend. Smoothed my hair while remaininh weightless. I love my Moroccanoil too much to make a switch, but it is a lovely oil. (full size 3.1oz/$22)
- Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Radium – A neon yellow-green polish with iridescence from the beloved Illamasqua. I am a huge fan of Illamasqua polishes, they go on well and are chip resistant giving you long-wear. I was thrilled to find this among this months products, but not in this color. It is very cool, but just not me. I was thinking of maybe doing a giveaway, interested? full size sample $14
Do you subscribe to any monthy beauty boxes? Which ones?