A fall favorite of mine is Deborah Lippmann’s Stormy Weather which was created along with Narciso Rodriguez. Stormy Weather is a richly pigmented granite-grey with a cream finish. Like all Deborah Lippmann polishes, Stormy Weather goes on like a dream. It is a pleasure to paint your nails with such a polish. It covers in one coat, opaque in two, leaving a streak-free finish and incredible shine. Stormy Weather has a long-wear time with zero chipping even after a weeks time. I only changed my polish because I wanted to switch things up and not because I needed to. I love this shade for fall and winter and can see myself reaching for it often.
wearing 2 coats of Stormy Weather and Deborah Lippmann Addicted to Speed Top Coat
Stormy Weather is $16 – Get it here
Have you tried Deborah Lippmann’s polishes? Do you love them as much as I do?
Happy Monday! Yesterday was the first day I felt that cool breeze in the morning and evening that melt’s summer into autumn, I could smell it. I quickly grabbed for leather and took a couple of outfit photo’s marking the seasonal change. Black…. check!
leather jacket – Michael Kors (old), skort – Zara, tee – Asos, Boots – Matiko, black leather bracelet – Tory Birch (old), spike bracelet – Asos,
- Laura Mercier ‘Bonne Mine’ Face and Cheeks palette – A stunning palette of crème colours for face and cheeks including one bronzer veil, two cheek veils, and two glow veils. A gorgeous selection of colors for bronzing and sculpting, Laura Mercier does face makeup well. $48 sephora.com
- Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation – I cannot wait to get my hand on this much buzzed about foundation. $62 (here)
- Dior Vernis in Amazonia – Loving this dark grey-green shade from Dior’s Golden Jungle Collection. $23 (here)
- Nars Sheer Lipstick in Fast Ride – All about the dark lip trend and loving this deep berry shade in an easy to wear sheer formula. $24 narscosmetics.com
- Giorgio Armani ‘Rouge d’Armani’ Lipstick in 526 – This is a stunning rose shade from Armani’s Fall look. $30 (here)
- Chanel Rouge Allure in ‘Pirate Look’ – I want to match my tip’s to my lip’s in Chanel’s covetable collections of red. Pirate is a blue-based red. $26-$34 nordstrom.com
What on your fall makeup wishlist?
Hello Lovelies! I am hosting a giveaway for a chance to win one Chanel Nail Colour in the color of your choice! Why? because every woman deserves to feel special, and sometimes applying the perfect shade of Nail Polish from Chanel can do that!
My picks for fall :
Vertigo – a dark-plum/grey
Frenzy – a beige/grey
Dragon – a perfect red
Click here to view all shades
- Like My Lucite Dreams on Facebook
- Follow My Lucite Dreams on Twitter
- Leave a comment below telling me what Chanel Nail Colour you would like to win and the names of your facebook and twitter accounts
- For 1 additional entry subscribe to My Lucite Dreams via e-mail
One lucky winner will be chosen at random
Ends 9/24 12pm EST
I saw this manicure in a YSL campaign and knew I needed to recreate it. It is so chic and easy to do, I hope you will try it.
What I used:
- Essie Licorice
- Essie Matte About You
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
- First, paint your nails with Essie Licorice (or any black nail polish, this formula was fantastic) then apply Seche Vite Top Coat and allow to dry.
- Second apply french tip nail stickers covering the tips which will remain glossy. Paint the nail underneath with Essie’s Matte About You. I find it easier to do it this way because the stickers to not stick where I have applied the glossy quick dry top coat.
- Peel of stickers and Voila!
A list of 5 things currently on my radar…
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned – these matte lip pencils are one of my favorite lip products, when I wear dark shades I love a matte formula for its lasting ability,getting on the dark lip trend ,which I am loving – at sephora.com
- Yves Saint Laurent ‘No. 6 Terriblement Noir’ nail polish duo – a gorgeous duo of black shades, one shiny, one Matte, think of the possibilities… – at nordstrom.com
- Alpha H Liquid Gold – everyone should be using an acid peel containing AHA’s to exfoliate skin, not scrubs, I cringe when people tell me they are using harsh grainy scrub to exfoliate the skin, the skin on the face is so gentle and should be treated so and this is the way to do it, I wanted to switch up my current peel and I have heard tremendous things about this one, can’t wait to try it – at beautybay.com
- Phyto Phytoneutre Shampoo – a detoxifying shampoo from the lovely hair care brand Phyto, sometimes our hair needs a detox from all the product that builds up on the scalp – at beautybar.com
- Byredo Parfums Vanquish Candle – a gorgeous luxury candle by Byredo containing notes of rose, cedarwood, ginger, incense, and guaic wood – at barneys.com
My Birthday was yesterday, cant wait to share with you some photos and goodies I received. xx
What is currently on your radar? I would love to hear.