With pleasure I bid adieu to 2016! This past year was a doozy, but yet, a year filled with incredible beauty (products). I’ve had the incredible opportunity to discover so many incredible products in 2016, some very notable products that have really blown me away and just when I thought I’ve seen it all. Here are a few of the true stand outs of 2016 that have easily gained their place amidst my all-time faves.
- Loving Porter Magazine which is loaded with stunning visuals.
- I’ve upped the ante in my exfoliation routine and have seen great results. Powdered exfoliants are my favorite and One Love Organic’s Brand New Day is a top pick. It’s gentle enough for daily use and contains pineapple enzymes for added exfoliating benefits. (buy)
- Kahina’s Fez serum, or just “the Fez” as I call it, is like wrapping yourself in a warm blanket. It’s moisturizing benefits are substantial and its fragrance, intoxicating. (buy)
- I’ve suddenly taken to lip pencils, just like that. In the past I often omitted this step for fear of looking too ‘overdone’. However, as of recent, I’ve been quit keen on MAC Cosmetics Lip Liner in Oak.
- The Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Champagne, which I recently reviewed, is a top pick for fall.
- The Kjaer Weis brand blows my mind with its ingenious ingredients, performance, and textures. A little bit goes a long way with their cream blushes. I’ve been wearing the shade Abundance regularly this fall season. It’s a stunning plummy taupe with a subtle iridescent finish. (review) (buy)
- Off the topic of beauty, I had to share my love for Athleta’s Beloved Bralette. It has cups for added shaping (no uni-boob) and gorgeous back detailing.
- The NAILS INC. Gel Effect Polish is a lovely formula that applies with ease. Kensington High Street is a rich deep burgundy.
Do I dare say that summer is over in only a few weeks? Well, it flew by and now I am on a mission to soak it all in. Here are a few of my absolute favorite beauty products that are helping me to look my best as I do it.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Manga Waterproof Mascara – I deem the recently released Voluminous Manga mascara from L’Oreal, my new current HG of mascaras. It adds more volume and out-curls my straight limp lashes. More so than my previous favorite, the original Waterproof Voluminous. It’s completely swim-proof, I’ve tested it.
- Hourglass Ambient Blush in Dim Infusion – This peachy-coral blush gives skin a natural, believable flush, with a luminous glow. The formula is perfection, and the look, and shade are perfect on top to an already tanned complexion. (review)
- Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eye Shadow – These gorgeous shadows from Josie Maran create a stunning eye look in seconds. The formula won’t crease or budge throughout any hot summer day. (review)
- Chanel SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL Bronzing Makeup Base – I still adore this bronzer for when I already have a bit of a tan, to add some dimension. This lovely mousse-like formula is easy to blend, and feels like nothing on. (review)
- Juara Candlenut Perfume Oil – My go-to fragrance for the summer. It smells of a tropical breeze. (review)
- Nars Tinted Moisturizer – Hands down the best TM I’ve ever tried and an all-time favorite. St. Moritz is the shade that keeps my glowing all summer long. (review)
- Coola spf 30 Cucumber Face Moisturizing Sunscreen – The Ultimate summer necessity, in an chemical-free and organic formula. (review)
- Clarins Sunscreen Stick – I still haven’t found anything better for protecting my lips and nose.
- Gressa Bare Lip Boost – I’m all about easy balms for the summer. This ‘lip boost’ from Gressa is the perfect light pink to add a touch of color, while intensely hydrating the lips. (review)
- Lina Hanson Global Baby Oil – I love this fragrance-free oil for summer. It absorbs instantly, which was a must in the heat. It’s also great for sensitive skin and won’t attract any unwanted pests. (review)
- Kahina Argan Oil – Forever a favorite, and a saviour for dry patches, cuticles, hair and whatever else. (review)
- Wedderspoon Queen of the Hive Manuka Honey Lip Balm in Peppermint – An amazing lip balm with Manuka Honey for soothe dry lips overnight.
- S.W. Basics of Brooklyn Toner – I talk about this toner ALOT. I adore what it does from my skin. It’s also great for a boost post workout, or just when you’re sitting around sweating you’re a** off. (review)
- Kerastase Spray a Porter – For the ultimate beach hair, this texturizer won’t make hair dry or crunchy but essentially the opposite.
Tell me your Summer Faves!
*Hat from Madewell, Bikini Top from Athleta
Houglass Ambient Lighting Powder – I’ve recently reviewed this ‘hot item’ and have since been using it daily. This yellow-toned setting powder (not to be confused as a highlighter) leaves me with a naturally radiant finish while masking red-tones. (review)
Kahina Giving Beauty Antioxidant Mask – Another product from Kahina featuring their precious Argan Oil along with rhassoul clay and antioxidants in a potent mask form. The mask deeply cleanses, conditions and exfoliates skin. I have a review coming soon!
Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil – This product has been nothing short of a miracle to my dry skin. I have been hesitant to refer to myself as someone with dry skin since incorporating this oil into my daily routine. The oil absorbs quickly leaving my skin radiant and not in the least bit oily. There are also a million other ways in which I use it. (review)
YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in #8 ‘Pink in Confidence’ – It’s no secret I have a thing for YSL lipsticks, the Rouge Volupte formulas being one of my favorite. I love this nude-pink shade from their new ‘Shine’ range for every day. (review)
RMS Beauty Un Cover Up – This product has superior concealing capabilities and is chock-full of natural and organic ingredients. So while I can sometimes get away with using this to conceal my under-eye circles I usually require something a bit more potent. Personally my favorite way to use this is as a foundation on my down days or when I want to give my skin some extra TLC. It melts perfectly into the skin providing light coverage with the most natural finish. (review)
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Shadow in Amethyst – These shadow sticks create an easy smokey-look in just a couple of swipes. The lasting ability is quite exceptional and I am simply smitten with the shade Amethyst. (review)
What are some of your favorites this month?
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in Billionaire – Deborah Lippmann polishes provide high shine, long-wear, and come in the most beautiful shades. I love this deep shade of hunter green which is perfect for fall. (review to come soon) availible here
- Giorgio Armani ‘Eyes to Kill” #27 -I love this mauve shade from the ‘Acqua Collection’ and have certainly been getting my wear out of it. It provides a shimmering, sultry look that is perfect for a night out. (review)
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita – The matte lip pencils from NARS are one of my favorite lipsticks. I love this dusty rose shade for day or night. (review)
- Origins Charcoal Mask – My favorite charcoal mask to date, this will always be a monthly favorite. (review)
- Jemma Kidd All Over Radiance Creme – My go to highlighter for a dewy, natural, radiant look. I also use this an eyeshadow base daily, its my go-to.
- OCC Lip Tar in Queen – I adore these lip tars and love this new shade. It’s pretty striking and flattering. (review)
What are some of your favorite’s this month?
Ren Ultra Moisture Day Cream – The latest addition to my skin care regimen. I have been using this product for several weeks now and am loving what it does for my skin. It has all the ingredients I look for in a day cream while providing intense moisture. Review to come.
MAC Pro Longwear Love Forever – A gorgeous fuschia-pink with purple undertones in MAC’s long-lasting formula. See my review.
Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Mask – This mask is part of the Dr. Weil for Origin’s mega-mushroom line. Usually park of my winter routine, this made a recent reappearance after suffering some sunburn. This mask is incredibly healing and saved my skin. Review to come.
MAC Blush in Blushbaby – The perfect pink-brown blush that every girl should have. It’s really a classic and a go-to. I love the color, it’s one of my favorite’s.
NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer – The best foundation of summer! See my review.
What were some of your favorite’s this month?
- Clarins Sunscreen Stick for Sun Sensitive Areas – this no mess sunscreen is super easy in a stick form, it completely protects your skin and is also the best for lips (clarins.com)
- Chanel le Vernis in Holiday – the perfect orange-red (swatch)
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bettina – I love a matte lip and adore these lip pencils from Nars, they are silky and smooth and not drying in the least, they also make the perfect liner and this is a great nude color for lining, I go mad lining my lips with a thin pencil, I love it even more as a lipstick, im almost never without it (nars.com)
- Nars Pure Matte Lip Pencil in Damned – the most gorgeous deep magenta, this is my take on this season’s bold dark lip trend, pair it with a tan and a white dress and voila! (nars.com)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Tipsy – this coral blush is truley stunning and I am wearing it all summer long, I also adore the formula, they are definitely worth the hype (review)
- YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick in 1- Beige Charnel – okay my third lipstick on the list, I see how that might seem excessive but, this one, as well, deserves a mention, I love this color and the formula is the tops! (review)
- 100% Pure Organic Rose Hydrosol – I have been using this a lot this month, I store it in the fridge and pop it in my bag before I go out, it hydrates and soothes my skin, however, i’m not commited to this brand (100percentpure.com)
What are some of your favorite’s this month?