We have all experienced the joy and pleasures that flowers can bring into our lives, but we are far mor interconnected then we think. In the new book: Flowerevolution: Blooming into Your Full Potential with the Magic of Flowers by flower alchemist, Katie Hess (of Lotus Wei) and award-winning filmmaker Louie Schwartzberg, we learn just how influential flowers and plants can be, and how they can make us feel happier, less stressed and more in tune.
“When we’re in nature, we move toward what elicits our best qualities. When we need a boost of confidence, joy, courage, or love, we’re attracted to those flowers that evoke those qualities within us. After spending time around trees and flowers, we actually feel different; we can feel all kinds of positive qualities rising up within us. Those qualities are already within us, but it’s being in nature that wakes up those feelings inside us and remind us—with a visceral experience—of who we are.” ~ Katie Hess, Author + Flower Alchemist
Welcome to the Flowerevolution
Continue reading “Bloom Into Your Full Potential with the Magic of Flowers”
When a Natural Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger, a Flower Alchemist, and a natural Mineral Makeup brand unite, you get a truly one-of-a-kind makeup collection. Created with love as the intent, the Beauty by Britanie Bohemian Collection is far more than just makeup, as these crystal-infused formulas contain a blend of flower essences to uplift your mood and evoke positive feelings.
Continue reading “Beauty by Britanie Bohemian Collection with Modern Minerals and Lotus Wei”
The concept of Valentine’s Day and the history of such a holiday is logically a bit silly to me. Love and romance should certainly be exercised on the regular and not on a day when the price of a rose is double. Now, with that being said I must admit that I cannot help but be swept up in the idea of a little added tlc. I might put a little more time into my routine, have a go at cooking dinner, or leave a silly little note for my loved one.
Now that I have affirmed just how crazy I am about Valentines Day, I share with you some suggestions for making your day just a little more special. Don’t forget to show yourself some love with a little extra pampering.
- Lingerie can definitely be a bit intimidating. A one-piece romper or teddy is one of the most flattering pieces to most body types. This one from the gorgeous line Zinke can be doubled as a cami under a blazer.
- I’m a big believer in the benefits of aromatherapy. Enhance romantic moments with Essence of Vali’s Passion mist. Or try an oral Flower Elixer from Lotus Wei in Infinite Love.
- Leave your loved one some sweet notes with a red hear-shaped Post-it.
- Make your skin incredibly smooth with a good scrub. Try this rose scented one from Ren. Get rid of dry skin on your lips and make them kissably soft with Fresh’s Sugar Lip Polish.
- Everyone looks better with a tan. It will also help boost your confidence and make you feel sexier. I absolutely love Tarte’s Brazziliance Self-tanner. Also add a head-to-toe gleam with shimmering dry oil like this one from Nuxe.
- Keep you beauty simple with a natural and glowing cream blush. This one from RMS doubles as a lip color and will last. Add some highlight to your brow bones, cheekbones, and to the bow of your lip. I love this super natural looking one from W3LL People.
- Keep hair soft and touchable. Add waves to with a curling wand and add some volume with Oribe Texturizing Spray.
Happy Valentine’s Day!