Green beauty expert and YouTuber, Teri Miyahira, unveils a new monthly subscription beauty box* featuring her own line, Teri Miyahira Beauty. Teri works directly with laboratories and manufacturers in the curation of her own ‘limited edition’ line of skin care and cosmetics featured in each box. With a dedication to an all-natural and cruelty-free lifestyle, Teri creates all of her products using green and clean ingredients. Each months’ selection of products are unique to each other, guaranteeing a diverse selection of products.
“With a very unconventional business model of crossing limited-edition collections with a monthly membership service, TERI MIYAHIRA BEAUTY aims to create luxury all-natural and cruelty-free products for both those that are just starting to transition to green beauty, as well as for the natural aficionado who already appreciates clean ingredients and cruelty-free beauty, and doing so at the most affordable price possible.” – Teri Miyahira
Continue reading “Teri Miyahira Beauty Box – June”
Gressa Skin is on a mission to steal the hearts of every beauty enthusiast with their one-of-a-kind line of clean cosmetics. Well, they have certainly stolen my heart and continue to amaze me upon every new release. Consider me a die-hard Gressa fan! Each unique product boasts tantalizing colors and unique formulations, without ever compromising our health in the name of beauty. The “Minimalist Glamour” line from Gressa Skin, offers high-performance beauty products that nurture your complexion with an array of skin-healthy ingredients.
Now meet Gressa Skin’s newest releases and my latest obsessions…
Continue reading “Universal Radiance: Gressa Skin Luminous Complexion Fluids and Lip Boost in Jolie – Plus a *GIVEAWAY*”
Hello spring! If there is one makeup trend this season that I find myself drawn to, it’s a fondness for purple hues. Particularly soft shades of lilac. Although my makeup choices tend to be generally in the neutral territory, I find the vast spectrum of purple tones incredibly wearable and generously flattering.
A recent acquisition that solidifies my love of lilac, is the new Lip Tint from Kjaer Weis, called Amazed. Kjaer Weis has released the most quintessential shade of lilac that has been a mainstay in my current makeup routine.
“Amazed is a lip color that’s innocent but flirty, inspired by the starlets of the 60s.”- Kirsten Kjaer Weis
If you’re not familiar, the Kjaer Weis Lip Tints come in a refillable silver compact with a mirror on the reverse side of the top for easy touch-ups. It is truly luxury cosmetic packaging at its finest. The Lip Tints have a balmy feel and brilliantly build from sheer, to bold. For a sheer wash of color, just use your finger for application. For a more intense color payoff, its best to build the color with a lip brush. While I love the balmy feel and versatility of the lip tints, they do lack in the longevity department. So, lucky for that mirror, frequent touch-ups are necessary.
Amazed is a perfectly pale lilac-pink, I call it “nude’s sister.” It also looks beautiful applied to the apples of the cheeks. As I have mentioned, the Lip Tints are truly versatile in their ability to build. In the image above, I have layered the lipstick with a lip brush to show off its color payoff potential. However, I would generally apply with a lighter hand for a more natural look.
Kjaer Weis Lip Tint in Amazed $49 (with compact), $29 (for a refill)
available at thedetoxmarket.com, beauteabar.com,
Here is a ‘summer-ready’ look I created with the new SummerGlo Palette from Lorac.
See my last post for a review and color reference.
Wearing shades 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 10
Wearing shade #3 on lid/crease and #2 applied to crease and lower lash line. I lightly applied shade 9 on to the outer edge of the crease and end of lower lash line. Added shade #4 on outer end of lid and #10 on the brow bone. I finished off by adding the white shade #1 into the inner corner of eyes, and #6 on the middle of the lower lash line. Also wearing the new LORAC 3D Lustre Liner in Pewter/Black Slate. Bronzer is LORAC TANtalizer Baked Bronzer and lipstick is LORAC Alter Ego Lipstick in Girl Next Door.
LORAC SummerGlo Eye Shadow Palette $24
Today marks the first day of Spring! It also just so happens to be the International Day of Happiness! Do you know what makes me happy? Spring… and makeup. So, what better way to acknowledge the day than a lovely selection of new Spring beauty. Here’s what I’ve been eyeing.
- JINSOON Nail Lacquer in Dolly Pink is not a shade that I would usually be drawn to, but I find myself suddenly craving feminine hues. This cotton candy pink from JINSOON awoke the little girl inside me. $18 (sephora.com)
- Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Coral Beach looks like the perfect coral shade to pair with a summer tan. I might be getting ahead of myself, it’s only just Spring. I do find myself still lusting over the collection, even after picking up Incandescent Nail Lacquer and Pink Dune Lip Color Sheer. $32 (nordstrom.com)
- Dior Le Vernis Nail Enamel in 192 Pampille is a beautifully sheer and shimmering milky-white aqua shade. Its a lovely alternative to your classic sheer nudes. $24 (nordstrom.com)
- By Terry Cellularose Blush Glacé in Rose Melba smoothes the complexion and offers a sheer, flush of color. This new beauty has my attention and I’ll be seeking it out in due time. $58 (bloomingdales.com)
- RMS Beauty Mascara was recently released from the natural and organic line. With a name like RMS, I have high hopes for this green mascara. My fingers are crossed that this one can hold a curl while keeping it easy on my sensitive eyes. $28 (rmsbeauty.com)
- Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick had me instantly intrigued. I can’t wait to get my paws on this new release that promises “the power of a stain, the intense color of a lipstick, and the shine of a gloss.” I’ll take one in Melted Peony please. $21 (toofaced.com)
- Givenchy Le Prismissime Euphoric Pink Lip & Cheek Palette, I mean c’mon Givenchy! This Palette might complete my makeup collection… ok maybe not. This one palette, with nine extraordinary shades for both lips and cheeks has me smitten. $69 (sephora.com)
- By Terry Cellularose Brightening CC Lumi-Serum is a color correcting radiance elixir from the beautiful By Terry. Apricot Glow sounds like a perfectly luminous shade to take me from Winter to Spring. $89 (bloomingdales.com)
- Eve Lom Radiance Lift Foundation SPF 15 is one of the products in the new line of cosmetics from the cult skin care line. I will be needing to sample the new line, but of course. $60 (us.spacenk.com)
- Guerlain Terracotta Joli Teint Foundation says to offer the coverage of a foundation with a “beautifying texture.” Other words I found intriguing… “instant touch of summer”,“natural ingredients which counter the visible effects of fatigue”, “reviving dull skin for an even complexion”. As a huge fan of the Guerlain brand, I will need to investigate further. $53 (sephora.com)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes are already a cult favorite amidst the beauty world. I quickly swapped up Dim Infusion and have only the best reviews. The Ambient Blushes are sure worth seeking out. $35 (sephora.com)
What new Spring releases have caught your attention? Have you tried any of the products mentioned here? I would love to hear your thoughts?
Happy Spring Dreamers!
Disclosure: All links are strictly available for your convenience.
When Hourglass Cosmetics released their the Ambient Lighting Powders, the beauty world went into a bit of a tizzy. The all-over face powder received a lot of hype, and had people scrambling to get their hands on not just one, but several of the shades. Well Hourglass has done it yet again with their new Ambient Lighting Blushes. The blushes have been pre-released at Sephora and are currently exclusively available to VIB and VIB Rouge members. At this time the blushes have already sold-out online.
The Ambient Lighting Blushes from Hourglass infuse their popular Ambient Lighting Powder with an array of vivid hues to create their new blushes. Available in a selection of eight marbled shades, you can pair them with their complementary powder, or not.
- Dim Infusion (a subdued coral blush fused with Dim Light to add warmth)
- Diffused Heat (a vibrant poppy blush combined with Diffused Light for a subtle halo effect)
- Luminous Flush (a champagne rose blush fused with Luminous Light to evoke a candlelit glimmer)
- Radiant Magenta (a golden fuchsia blush combined with Radiant Light for a summer glow)
- Mood Exposure (a soft plum blush fused with Mood Light to brighten the complexion)
- Ethereal Glow (a cool pink blush fused with Ethereal Light for a moonlit luminosity).
If you’ve tried the Ambient Lighting Powders, you might be familiar with the varying shades available to complement your complexion. There is a lot of jargon used when reading descriptions of the blushes. There is the idea that a lot of science is behind the creation of these “hybrid” blushes, which contain a “multidimensional luminescence.” The ultimate reason that I was drawn to the product is the quality of the powder itself. Just as with the Ambient Lighting Powders, the Ambient Lighting Blushes are so finely milled and contain the finest shimmer which translates on the skin to a natural radiance.
The Ambient Lighting Blush contains 0.15 oz. of product as compared to 0.35 in the Ambient Lighting Powder. I picked up a Blush in Dim Infusion which marbles together the Hourglass Ambient Powder in shade Dim Light, along with a light peachy-coral. Hourglass described the shade as a “subdued coral.” The powder has a texture that is not ‘powdery‘ in any sense, but wears like a second skin. No matter what blush brush I used, the blush blended beautifully with the faintest effort. Dim Light can be applied as a sheer wash of color, or easily layers for a more intense finish. Cheeks are left with a believable natural flush with beautiful radiance.
Look at that exquisite marbling!
Dim Infusion is perfectly suited to my warmer complexion. I am smitten with the formula, shade and finish and find myself curious to discover more shades. I’m afraid to say that the new Ambient Lighting Blushes are a must-try, especially if your a fan of the Lighting Powders. I would also go ahead play with the shades and not pay too much attention to matching the blush shade with your complexion powder.
(wearing Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion)
Hourglass Ambient Blush $35
sephora.com, barneys.com, hourglasscosmetics.com
Have you tried the new Ambient Lighting Blushes?
Kjaer Weis is a brand that was born out of a desire to bridge the gap between the quality and performance of green cosmetics and their chemical-laden counterparts. Over eight years of extensive research, founder Kirsten Kjaer Weis created a line where quality, luxury, and aesthetics bring a uncompromisable standard to the green beauty industry.
As the layers of packaging are revealed, you are met with an undeniable quality each time. All starting with the red lacquered, grain textured box, resembling leather. Onto the compact itself, it’s unique and innovative design is considerably pure luxury. The reflective silver compact is weighty and substantial and swings open sideways with a flick of the thumb. Refills are available so as nothing gets wasted.
The formula is easily on par with the design aesthetic. Comprised of 95% organic ingredients, including caster seed oil, beeswax, jojoba seed oil, rosa rubiginosa Seed Oil, and gardenia florida fruit extract, Kjaer Weis Cream Blushes nourish and protect the skin. Its creamy, yet firm texture is best applied across the cheeks using a tapping motion with your fingertips. If you wish you can continue to blend the product using a synthetic brush. The blush provides a natural finish that wears incredibly well throughout the day.
Abundance is a plummy taupe with and an iridescent finish. The shade clearly shows an amount of iridescence when photographed using a flash. When applied to the face, its translates more to a luminous, healthy-skin finish. I like to apply Abundance in more concentration under the cheekbones for a more contoured look. The shade works perfectly to create a more defined look as the texture helps to deliver color more concentrated to one area. Abundance also works beautifully as an eye shadow.
Kjaer Weis is a Green Beauty brand to know. Their Cream Blush is one to try, whether you’re seeking a natural makeup alternative or not. I certainly look forward to discovering more from the brand.
Kjaer Weiss Cream Blush in Abundance $54 (for blush and compact) $16 (refill only)
Any thoughts on Kjaer Weis?