With pleasure I bid adieu to 2016! This past year was a doozy, but yet, a year filled with incredible beauty (products). I’ve had the incredible opportunity to discover so many incredible products in 2016, some very notable products that have really blown me away and just when I thought I’ve seen it all. Here are a few of the true stand outs of 2016 that have easily gained their place amidst my all-time faves.
Christmas is almost here and soon will come New Years! With all the parties in celebration its the perfect time to add some drama to your look or even try a whole new one. There are so many ways to amp up your look ,whether by adding some bright pops of color, some smokey eyes or shimmer from head to toe. You might have your go-to or you might find it impossible to choose.
In this look I created, I tried something new. I, personally have never wore silver eye makeup always opting for the more flattering gold instead. I always though silver was only for those with more cool-toned complexions. That is until I discovered all silvers are not created equal and by choosing a more, if you will, warm-tinged silver I could wear it too. I am hoping to pop out couple more Holiday Look posts so stay tuned.
How I created this look:
Foundation – YSL Teint Radiance in #07 – applied using a Real Techniques Stippling Brush
- Concealer – IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under-Eye in light/medium – to conceal darkness under eyes
- Blush – MAC Blush in Blushbaby – applied more as a contour
- Highlighter – Jemma Kidd All Over Radiance Creme in Iced Gold – on cheekbones and as an eye shadow primer
- Powder – Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder – to set makeup and Caudelie Beauty Elixer on top
- Apply the grey silver from the Smashbox Photo Op Blue eyes palette all over the lid and into the crease using a MAC 217. Bring the color onto lower crease as well.
- Take a matte black shadow and apply it into the crease with a light hand using a pencil brush for direct placement and bring it to the upper lash line making a v-shape.
- Taking the 217 blend the matte black into the grey slightly on the outer corner of eye.
- Take a lighter silver shade and apply it to the middle of lids, inner corners, and on the middle of the bottom lash line to makes eyes pop.
- Apply Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Ink on the upper lash line and wing it out using a liner brush.
- Curl lashes and apply lots of black mascara. My favorite is Loreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara.
- Lipstick – Kate Moss for Rimmel in 14
- Gloss – YSL Golden Gloss in #50 Golden Peach
Any thoughts? What is your holiday look?