Today marks the first day of Spring! It also just so happens to be the International Day of Happiness! Do you know what makes me happy? Spring… and makeup. So, what better way to acknowledge the day than a lovely selection of new Spring beauty. Here’s what I’ve been eyeing.
- JINSOON Nail Lacquer in Dolly Pink is not a shade that I would usually be drawn to, but I find myself suddenly craving feminine hues. This cotton candy pink from JINSOON awoke the little girl inside me. $18 (sephora.com)
- Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Coral Beach looks like the perfect coral shade to pair with a summer tan. I might be getting ahead of myself, it’s only just Spring. I do find myself still lusting over the collection, even after picking up Incandescent Nail Lacquer and Pink Dune Lip Color Sheer. $32 (nordstrom.com)
- Dior Le Vernis Nail Enamel in 192 Pampille is a beautifully sheer and shimmering milky-white aqua shade. Its a lovely alternative to your classic sheer nudes. $24 (nordstrom.com)
- By Terry Cellularose Blush Glacé in Rose Melba smoothes the complexion and offers a sheer, flush of color. This new beauty has my attention and I’ll be seeking it out in due time. $58 (bloomingdales.com)
- RMS Beauty Mascara was recently released from the natural and organic line. With a name like RMS, I have high hopes for this green mascara. My fingers are crossed that this one can hold a curl while keeping it easy on my sensitive eyes. $28 (rmsbeauty.com)
- Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick had me instantly intrigued. I can’t wait to get my paws on this new release that promises “the power of a stain, the intense color of a lipstick, and the shine of a gloss.” I’ll take one in Melted Peony please. $21 (toofaced.com)
- Givenchy Le Prismissime Euphoric Pink Lip & Cheek Palette, I mean c’mon Givenchy! This Palette might complete my makeup collection… ok maybe not. This one palette, with nine extraordinary shades for both lips and cheeks has me smitten. $69 (sephora.com)
- By Terry Cellularose Brightening CC Lumi-Serum is a color correcting radiance elixir from the beautiful By Terry. Apricot Glow sounds like a perfectly luminous shade to take me from Winter to Spring. $89 (bloomingdales.com)
- Eve Lom Radiance Lift Foundation SPF 15 is one of the products in the new line of cosmetics from the cult skin care line. I will be needing to sample the new line, but of course. $60 (us.spacenk.com)
- Guerlain Terracotta Joli Teint Foundation says to offer the coverage of a foundation with a “beautifying texture.” Other words I found intriguing… “instant touch of summer”,“natural ingredients which counter the visible effects of fatigue”, “reviving dull skin for an even complexion”. As a huge fan of the Guerlain brand, I will need to investigate further. $53 (sephora.com)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes are already a cult favorite amidst the beauty world. I quickly swapped up Dim Infusion and have only the best reviews. The Ambient Blushes are sure worth seeking out. $35 (sephora.com)
What new Spring releases have caught your attention? Have you tried any of the products mentioned here? I would love to hear your thoughts?
Happy Spring Dreamers!
Disclosure: All links are strictly available for your convenience.
It’s no secret that I am quite a fan of the Rouge Volupté range from YSL (evidence here, here, and here). When I heard word that YSL’s new Spring ‘Flower Crush‘ Collection featured four new shades, my heart began to race. The four new shades included, I have heard, are said to be permanent. Included in the new release is #31 Fuchsia Storm, #32 Corail Jalouse (featured in this post), #33 Pink Neilia, and #34 Pink Asarina.
The formula is standard for the Rouge Volupté, smooth buttery goodness with an opaque finish. Some people find the RV formula too bold. As a little secret, I often times just pat the lipstick on for a less ‘in your face’ look. I personally find the formula very versatile in application.
Corail Jalouse is a light peachy-pink, a stunner for sure. As standard the finish appears somewhat glossy and dries down to a satin finish.
wearing #32 Corail Jalouse
Some Rouge Volupté comparison swatches
left to right:
YSL Rouge Volupté #30 Faubourg Peach, YSL Rouge Voluté Shine #13 Pink in Paris, YSL Rouge Volupté #6 Pink in Devotion, YSL Rouge Volupté #32 Corail Jalouse, YSL Rouge Volupté #29 Opera Rose
YSL Rouge Volupté #32 Corail Jalouse $34
Tom Ford’s Spring Makeup Collection features eight new ‘limited edition’ lip shades, along with four new Nail Lacquers. These Lip Color Sheers are a new formula for Spring/Summer have a sheer, shimmering finish. Tom Ford’s traditional brown retro-chic lacquered lipstick case got a makeover too.
Pink Dune instantly captivated me. I tried hard not to succumb to the allure of this radiant beauty, but I fell hard. This sheer peach shade contains a tinge of pink and a multitude of golden shimmer. The formula is creamy with a luminous sheen. It wears quite well and feels comfortable. The Lip Color Conditioners contain Tom Ford’s standard vanilla scent that isn’t overly fragrant. It easily layers for a bit more coverage without feeling heavy.
several layers in natural light
Pink Dune pairs perfectly with Incandescent Nail Lacquer as seen in this photo.
Pink Dune $49
The ‘Trianon Collection’ for Spring 2014 from Dior features the ‘limited edition’ shimmering matte top coat called Perlé. With a weakness for Dior’s sparkly shades, I was immediately drawn to this unique topper. Perlé has a frost matte finish which adds a pale pink, pearlescent finish to any polish. When worn on its own, its creates a no-fuss clean look that dries in an instant.
The Perlè Matte Top Coat contains pink and lavender shimmer and dries to a frosty finish. Though technically a top coat, I enjoy wearing Perle alone for a quick and easy mani. When applied to clean nails the top coat dries instantly. The finish is feminine, clean, yet quite unique.
(one coat of Perlé Matte Top Coat on top of Essie Topless and Barefoot)
As a top coat, Perlé dosnt complement every shade. I find it best suits nudes and lighter pinks, as it has a strong white, frosty finish. Personally I adore the Top Coat on top of nudes like Essie’s Topless and Barefoot. Perlé is not quick drying and takes some down time.
Dior Perlé Matte Top Coat $25
Dior’s Addict Gloss Collection is made to be mixed and matched for hundreds of possibilities. “Four shimmering shades of Dior Addict lipstick and four, pure, more sophisticated shades of Dior Addict Extreme allows you to have fun and create your own custom-made look.” Today I have the coordinating shade Diablotine on my lips and tips.
Diablotine “displays the sensual red of a fiery temptress or, of a Trafalgar dress, straight out of a Dior show.” This sheer muted-red is easy to wear, I wont need to wait for an event to wear this ‘everyday’ red-shade. The Dior Addict Extreme lipstick packs gorgeous pigment and wears comfortably, providing my lips with an extra dose of moisture. Layering this lipstick provides more pigment along with some extra sheen. It’s not the best for longevity but the low maintenance, slick formula makes it easy to reapply.
I have swatched Diablotine in the photo above, first with one coat and then layered. I adore this shade paired under the shimmering Dior Addict Gloss on Etoilee 013, which adds incredible dimension. Diablotine Addict Extreme Lipstick pairs perfectly with Diablotine Nail Polish.
Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick $31 (nordstrom.com)
Dior released four nail polish shades for Spring in their ‘Sparkling Shine’ Collection. I was absolutely smitten with these shimmering shades as soon as I spotted them. I have already shared with you my review of Délice. Teri from BellaChique.com has a lovely review of Spring Ball and the manicurator.com has some incredible swatches of Princess. Today I am sharing with you my absolute favorite of the bunch, Diablotine #643.
Diablotine is a red-coral with pink and gold shimmer. The formula is exquisite as per usual and the flat/tapered brush makes application incredibly easy. The polish easily covers in one coat. Two coats lasted me five days without chipping.
The shimmer in Diablotine is beautiful and in the sunlight it’s utterly captivating. My photos have not quite captured just how lovely this shade is. It appears more flat in my photos than when viewed it in person.
I also picked up Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick in Diablotine which I will share with you this week.
Dior Vernis $24 (nordstrom)
Have you picked up any of the polishes from the ‘Sparkling Shine’ Collection?
White nails were a recurrent trend happening on the Spring 2013 runways. I have been quite excited to execute the trend myself. White nails are sleek and modern and a welcome diversion from the crazy nail art trends. Not to be confused with ‘white out’ mani.
Deborah Lippmann’s Amazing Grace is the perfect white shade to achieve this look. It doesn’t have a chalky finish like other white polishes. The first coat goes on quite streaky although I havent met an opaque white that hasn’t. I found it necessary to add two extra layers for a perfect opaque finish. The first two coats set a base for third coat to apply perfectly. Like all Deborah Lippmann polishes Amazing Grace has a long wear time with no chipping.
White polish looks stunning on tanned skin and paired with gold accessories. I might also mention that white polishes will change color on you if you expose them to any makeup products that leave you with a stain so try to keep them clean.
(wearing 3 layers of Amazing Grace and Seche Vite Top Coat)
Amazing Grace $17 here
What nail trends are you excited for this Spring?