Do I dare say that summer is over in only a few weeks? Well, it flew by and now I am on a mission to soak it all in. Here are a few of my absolute favorite beauty products that are helping me to look my best as I do it.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Manga Waterproof Mascara – I deem the recently released Voluminous Manga mascara from L’Oreal, my new current HG of mascaras. It adds more volume and out-curls my straight limp lashes. More so than my previous favorite, the original Waterproof Voluminous. It’s completely swim-proof, I’ve tested it.
- Hourglass Ambient Blush in Dim Infusion – This peachy-coral blush gives skin a natural, believable flush, with a luminous glow. The formula is perfection, and the look, and shade are perfect on top to an already tanned complexion. (review)
- Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eye Shadow – These gorgeous shadows from Josie Maran create a stunning eye look in seconds. The formula won’t crease or budge throughout any hot summer day. (review)
- Chanel SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL Bronzing Makeup Base – I still adore this bronzer for when I already have a bit of a tan, to add some dimension. This lovely mousse-like formula is easy to blend, and feels like nothing on. (review)
- Juara Candlenut Perfume Oil – My go-to fragrance for the summer. It smells of a tropical breeze. (review)
- Nars Tinted Moisturizer – Hands down the best TM I’ve ever tried and an all-time favorite. St. Moritz is the shade that keeps my glowing all summer long. (review)
- Coola spf 30 Cucumber Face Moisturizing Sunscreen – The Ultimate summer necessity, in an chemical-free and organic formula. (review)
- Clarins Sunscreen Stick – I still haven’t found anything better for protecting my lips and nose.
- Gressa Bare Lip Boost – I’m all about easy balms for the summer. This ‘lip boost’ from Gressa is the perfect light pink to add a touch of color, while intensely hydrating the lips. (review)
- Lina Hanson Global Baby Oil – I love this fragrance-free oil for summer. It absorbs instantly, which was a must in the heat. It’s also great for sensitive skin and won’t attract any unwanted pests. (review)
- Kahina Argan Oil – Forever a favorite, and a saviour for dry patches, cuticles, hair and whatever else. (review)
- Wedderspoon Queen of the Hive Manuka Honey Lip Balm in Peppermint – An amazing lip balm with Manuka Honey for soothe dry lips overnight.
- S.W. Basics of Brooklyn Toner – I talk about this toner ALOT. I adore what it does from my skin. It’s also great for a boost post workout, or just when you’re sitting around sweating you’re a** off. (review)
- Kerastase Spray a Porter – For the ultimate beach hair, this texturizer won’t make hair dry or crunchy but essentially the opposite.
Tell me your Summer Faves!
*Hat from Madewell, Bikini Top from Athleta
Juara Candlenut Perfume Oil is the ultimate summer fragrance that will transport the wearer to an exotic beach locale. If tropical fragrances are your thing, you will delight is this exquisite fragrance with a warm coconut and vanilla base. This concentrated oil wears all day and is best applied with a light hand.
Juara Candlenut Perfume Oil blends notes of lush greens, freesia, jasmine, bergamot, rose, and coconut in an all-natural oil. The fragrance opens with the bright top notes of citrus and fresh greens, evolving to a white floral and fruity center. As it winds down to a sweet coconut/vanilla base, detectable notes of rose and clean musk keeps the fragrance from being cloyingly sweet.
Juara Candlenut Fragrance Perfume Oil $28
What is your favorite summer fragrance?
Here is a ‘summer-ready’ look I created with the new SummerGlo Palette from Lorac.
See my last post for a review and color reference.
Wearing shades 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 10
Wearing shade #3 on lid/crease and #2 applied to crease and lower lash line. I lightly applied shade 9 on to the outer edge of the crease and end of lower lash line. Added shade #4 on outer end of lid and #10 on the brow bone. I finished off by adding the white shade #1 into the inner corner of eyes, and #6 on the middle of the lower lash line. Also wearing the new LORAC 3D Lustre Liner in Pewter/Black Slate. Bronzer is LORAC TANtalizer Baked Bronzer and lipstick is LORAC Alter Ego Lipstick in Girl Next Door.
LORAC SummerGlo Eye Shadow Palette $24
Lorac has created yet another ‘must-have’ with their SummerGlo Eye Shadow Palette. This palette contains a selection of 10 shimmering and matte shades to create a multitude of looks for both day and night. The SummerGlo Palette will surely become your staple this summer.
While the SummerGlo Palette’s brights are certainly a stand-out, the neutral shades deserve a mention all their own. The combination of creams, browns and golds in a stunning luminous texture, makes this palette a must for the neutral shades alone. The addition of four beautiful brights makes this palette utterly swoon-worthy. As a girl who most often opts for a natural look, this palette had me playing with color like nobody’s business.
- white (matte)
- light brown (matte)
- coral (matte)
- iridescent light purple
- aqua blue (shimmer)
- light gold (shimmer)
- light bronze (shimmer)
- light teal (shimmer)
- medium nutmeg brown (matte)
- light peachy-nude (matte)
Lorac refers to some of these shades as ‘matte’, although I have trouble labeling them as so due to their luminous finish. The finish creates a glow and does not lay flat in any sense. I find myself opting for these on a daily basis. The shimmery shades all contain fine shimmer, except for #7 which has some larger flecks of glitter. The shadow’s in the SummerGlo palette are more dense and have a lighter texture than those in the PRO Palette. All shadow’s performed beautifully except for #6 which had some fall-out. With the SummerGlo Palette the looks are endless and I am smitten. All in all, the new palette is an absolute must!
LORAC SummerGlo Eye Shadow Palette $24
loraccosmetics.com, kohls.com, nordstrom.com
Look to follow…
*Disclosure – This posts contains PR samples sent to My Lucite Dreams for consideration. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own and based on my personal experience. All links in post are there strictly available for your convenience.
Powder blushes? Meh, not happening, at least not for now with the incredible heat and humidity we have been experiencing. The idea of a powder product being applied to dampened (sweaty) skin doesn’t seem like the wise thing to do, athough it does sounds like the right recipe for concocting some sort of paste
So, in come the cream blush variety. In the market for a new one, with the Chanel Le Blush Creme in mind, I just so happened upon a Youngblood display at a local boutique. It was a serendipitous moment as the Luminous Creme Blushes was a product I have been wanting to try for a very long time. Upon sampling Pink Cashmere, I purchased it instantly, it was exactly what I was in search of.
The Youngblood Luminous Crème Blush is a creamy textured blush with a sheer finish. The oil-free formula can be used as a blush, highlighter, or layered for ‘extra-vibrancy’. The blush is packaged in a clear plastic pot with a black twist-off lid, similar to the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge. Youngblood suggests to apply using your fingertips. This technique works perfectly to apply the formula which spreads with ease.
The shade Pink Cashmere is a coral-pink and has a satin finish. The blush is highly pigmented and will brighten your complexion with the tiniest amount of product. The texture is just the right amount of creamy to make application incredibly easy, while it sets to a powder-finish. It is actually quite similar to the new Chanel cream blushes, but slighty more creamy and a bit easier to blend. The product blends beautifully into the skin mimicking its texture, while delivering a flattering amount of natural looking radiance. The blush lasted incredibly well throughout the day and through all of the sweat and ick. Youngblood Creme Blush is exactly what I have been looking for!
(wearing Youngblood Luminous Crème Blush in Pink Cashmere on top of Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation)
Youngblood Luminous Crème Blush is $27 at YBSkin.com and other online retailers.
Have you tried the Youngblood Creme blushes? What is your favorite cream blush?
As part of their Summer 2013 Collection, Youngblood has released a new lipstick shade, Dragon Fruit. The collection also includes a new Mighty Shiny Lip Gel as well as a completely new product called Maxim-Eyes, a natural eyelash restorative serum.
Dragon Fruit is moisture-rich and intensly hydrating. It contains moisturizing botanicals, including Sunflower oil and Candelilla Wax as well as Vitamin E to help condition lips. The slick formula glides on with ease providing a sheer wash of color and layers well for more intensity. Those with lips prone to dryness will adore this formula.
The shade Dragon Fruit is a bright pink with a high-shine finish. The wear time is excellent, especially considering the lipstick is a hydrating formula. The lipstick has no detectable scent. Dragon Fruit appears to contain some warmer tones on my arm and leans more of a cooler bright-pink on my lips. The images of me wearing the lipstick is a more accurate read. As compared to another moisturizing lipstick in my collection, the Dior Addict Extreme, Dragon Fruit is a slicker formula with more color intensity. I also find the Youngblood formula more moisturizing than the Dior.
Dragon Fruit is a gorgeous shade for summer. As much as I love the shade I am even more in love with the formula. This bright-pink also looks perfect paired underneath the new Mighty Shine Lip Gel in New Flaunt (review soon).
Youngblood Lipstick in Dragon Fruit $19
*Disclosure – This posts contains samples sent to My Lucite Dreams for consideration of review. I do not receive compensation for my reviews. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own and based on my personal experience. All links in post are there strictly available for your convenience.
Dior’s Addict Gloss Collection is made to be mixed and matched for hundreds of possibilities. “Four shimmering shades of Dior Addict lipstick and four, pure, more sophisticated shades of Dior Addict Extreme allows you to have fun and create your own custom-made look.” Today I have the coordinating shade Diablotine on my lips and tips.
Diablotine “displays the sensual red of a fiery temptress or, of a Trafalgar dress, straight out of a Dior show.” This sheer muted-red is easy to wear, I wont need to wait for an event to wear this ‘everyday’ red-shade. The Dior Addict Extreme lipstick packs gorgeous pigment and wears comfortably, providing my lips with an extra dose of moisture. Layering this lipstick provides more pigment along with some extra sheen. It’s not the best for longevity but the low maintenance, slick formula makes it easy to reapply.
I have swatched Diablotine in the photo above, first with one coat and then layered. I adore this shade paired under the shimmering Dior Addict Gloss on Etoilee 013, which adds incredible dimension. Diablotine Addict Extreme Lipstick pairs perfectly with Diablotine Nail Polish.
Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick $31 (nordstrom.com)