I saw this manicure in a YSL campaign and knew I needed to recreate it. It is so chic and easy to do, I hope you will try it.
What I used:
- Essie Licorice
- Essie Matte About You
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
- First, paint your nails with Essie Licorice (or any black nail polish, this formula was fantastic) then apply Seche Vite Top Coat and allow to dry.
- Second apply french tip nail stickers covering the tips which will remain glossy. Paint the nail underneath with Essie’s Matte About You. I find it easier to do it this way because the stickers to not stick where I have applied the glossy quick dry top coat.
- Peel of stickers and Voila!
- Clarins Sunscreen Stick for Sun Sensitive Areas – this no mess sunscreen is super easy in a stick form, it completely protects your skin and is also the best for lips (clarins.com)
- Chanel le Vernis in Holiday – the perfect orange-red (swatch)
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bettina – I love a matte lip and adore these lip pencils from Nars, they are silky and smooth and not drying in the least, they also make the perfect liner and this is a great nude color for lining, I go mad lining my lips with a thin pencil, I love it even more as a lipstick, im almost never without it (nars.com)
- Nars Pure Matte Lip Pencil in Damned – the most gorgeous deep magenta, this is my take on this season’s bold dark lip trend, pair it with a tan and a white dress and voila! (nars.com)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Tipsy – this coral blush is truley stunning and I am wearing it all summer long, I also adore the formula, they are definitely worth the hype (review)
- YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick in 1- Beige Charnel – okay my third lipstick on the list, I see how that might seem excessive but, this one, as well, deserves a mention, I love this color and the formula is the tops! (review)
- 100% Pure Organic Rose Hydrosol – I have been using this a lot this month, I store it in the fridge and pop it in my bag before I go out, it hydrates and soothes my skin, however, i’m not commited to this brand (100percentpure.com)
What are some of your favorite’s this month?
A very unexpected look this summer among this season’s hottest trends is the dark lip. We saw it come to a head at this year’s MET gala. This look is sophisticated and chic, a great alternative to a red lip. This bold lip trend ranges from deep shades of burgundy, brown, purple, plum, and flat black. This dark lip color looks great with a tan, which also makes it more wearable. To keep it fresh, pair it with a white shirt, it’s a great look. I picked out a few of my favorite tones and formulas to help guide you and included some products to complete the look. I recommend using a lip liner with this look for a clean line, such as MAC longwear lip pencil in Absolutely It.
- Nars Pure Matte Lip Pencil in Damned – a very wearable deep magenta (my pick) (sephora.com)
- Chanel Rouge Coco #29 Ballet Russe (chanel.com)
- MAC Lipstick in Film Noir – a deep brown (maccosmetics.com)
- Nars Lipstick Vendanges – an easy to wear sheer grape shade (sephora.com)
- Yves Saint Laurent in 8 Rouge Pur Couture – a deep red/purple – (yslbeautyus.com)
When wearing this trend I chose to keep the rest of my face fairly simple. Choose peach, pink, or nude beiges on the eyes and warm up the cheeks with a nude blush. Match your lips with a deep plum nail polish or lighten it up with a beige pink. Brighten up your complexion with a natural looking highlighter.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Eyeshadow in Pearly Peach 153 – a peach gold shimmer (sephora.com)
- Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Monogamous – a pale milky pink (sephora.com)
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Dark Side of the Moon – a deep aubergine (beauty.com)
- Benefit High Beam Highlighter – (benefitcosmetics.com)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed – a warm nude (tartecosmetics.com)
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Liner in 13 Mat Black (sephora.com)
Will you be wearing this season’s dark lip trend?
A list of 5 things currently on my radar…
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned – these matte lip pencils are one of my favorite lip products, when I wear dark shades I love a matte formula for its lasting ability,getting on the dark lip trend ,which I am loving – at sephora.com
- Yves Saint Laurent ‘No. 6 Terriblement Noir’ nail polish duo – a gorgeous duo of black shades, one shiny, one Matte, think of the possibilities… – at nordstrom.com
- Alpha H Liquid Gold – everyone should be using an acid peel containing AHA’s to exfoliate skin, not scrubs, I cringe when people tell me they are using harsh grainy scrub to exfoliate the skin, the skin on the face is so gentle and should be treated so and this is the way to do it, I wanted to switch up my current peel and I have heard tremendous things about this one, can’t wait to try it – at beautybay.com
- Phyto Phytoneutre Shampoo – a detoxifying shampoo from the lovely hair care brand Phyto, sometimes our hair needs a detox from all the product that builds up on the scalp – at beautybar.com
- Byredo Parfums Vanquish Candle – a gorgeous luxury candle by Byredo containing notes of rose, cedarwood, ginger, incense, and guaic wood – at barneys.com
My Birthday was yesterday, cant wait to share with you some photos and goodies I received. xx
What is currently on your radar? I would love to hear.
Tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blushes are “inspired by Tarte’s best-selling cheek and lip stains. Solar-baked and infused with Amazonian clay these nutrient rich and skin-nourishing Amazonian Clay blushes restore harmony for a flawless finish that lasts all day.”
These Amazonian clay blushes are formulated without mineral oil, phthalates, sodium laurel sufates, synthetic fragrances and are free of parabens. They contain ‘skinvigorating’ ingredients such as Amazonian clay, beeswax, vitamin C, and vitamin E and are cruelty-free. These healthy-skin blushes come in 8 gorgeous shades and 4 newly released shimmering versions.
The blush featured here is Tipsy, a matte coral. This blush is highly pigmented and deposits a ton of color while still remaining sheer. The formula is soft and blends very easily and lasted throughout the day on me. This is easily my favorite powder blush for summer. The coral gives stunning color and is a perfect pairing for tanned skin. I am usually not very big on bright blush but this product changed my mind. After applying it, I saw that pop and loved it instantly. This formulation has joined the ranks of top blushes on my list, and I, myself will certainly be seeking out other shades. I highly recommend trying them out for yourself.
Tarte Amazonian 12-hour blush comes in 8 shades:
Flush – a deep berry
Blushing Bride – a plumy rose
Natural Beauty – a red tone
Dollface – a light pink
Blissfull – a warm peach
Amused – a bright pink
Tipsy – a coral (featured here)
Exposed – a nude
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush also comes in 4 shimmering shades:
Adored – a shimmering light pink
Glisten – a shimmering peachy pink
Buff – a shimmering nude
Frisky – a shimmering bright coral
For $25 each you can get the here.
Have you tried these blushes? Any thought?
Sugar Sand – Dusty Rose Shimmer
Peach Fuzz – Pale Peach with Gold Shimmer
Sunbeam – Pale Gold with Gold Shimmer
Plumeria – Shimmering Vivid Pink
Cocoa Beach – Plum Brown Shimmer
Coral Crush – Coral Pink Shimmer
Chocolate Sun – Rich Brown Shimmer
Mermaid – Teal Shimmer
Toasted Coconut – Matte Caramel
A great selection of eyeshadow to create this summer’s hottest looks. Coral Crush is the color that sold me on this palette. It is a great color for summer to make blue or green eyes pop. The brown colors in this palette are gorgeous. I love using Mermaid to line either the upper or lower lash line. It is a love for me. Looks to follow.
You can get it at TooFaced.com for 20% off enter code FFSPRING12
Nars Nail Polish in Trouville
A beautiful Seashell Pink that I will certainly be sporting often this Spring and Summer.
What pinks will you be wearing this season?