Houglass Ambient Lighting Powder – I’ve recently reviewed this ‘hot item’ and have since been using it daily. This yellow-toned setting powder (not to be confused as a highlighter) leaves me with a naturally radiant finish while masking red-tones. (review)
Kahina Giving Beauty Antioxidant Mask – Another product from Kahina featuring their precious Argan Oil along with rhassoul clay and antioxidants in a potent mask form. The mask deeply cleanses, conditions and exfoliates skin. I have a review coming soon!
Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil – This product has been nothing short of a miracle to my dry skin. I have been hesitant to refer to myself as someone with dry skin since incorporating this oil into my daily routine. The oil absorbs quickly leaving my skin radiant and not in the least bit oily. There are also a million other ways in which I use it. (review)
YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in #8 ‘Pink in Confidence’ – It’s no secret I have a thing for YSL lipsticks, the Rouge Volupte formulas being one of my favorite. I love this nude-pink shade from their new ‘Shine’ range for every day. (review)
RMS Beauty Un Cover Up – This product has superior concealing capabilities and is chock-full of natural and organic ingredients. So while I can sometimes get away with using this to conceal my under-eye circles I usually require something a bit more potent. Personally my favorite way to use this is as a foundation on my down days or when I want to give my skin some extra TLC. It melts perfectly into the skin providing light coverage with the most natural finish. (review)
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Shadow in Amethyst – These shadow sticks create an easy smokey-look in just a couple of swipes. The lasting ability is quite exceptional and I am simply smitten with the shade Amethyst. (review)
What are some of your favorites this month?
With pleasure, I bid January farewell. It’s long, cold nights are not something I will miss and I welcome the approaching warmer months. I have been introduced to some lovely products these past couple of weeks. Two samples have even found their way into my favorites post, both of which I will be purchasing full-sized versions of – a rarity if I do say so myself. Yay for samples!
Burberry Light Glow Blush in No.04 Peony – This blush has seen lots of wear this past month. The sheer color is perfect for an everyday subtle look. Peony is a gorgeous blue-based pink. (review)
Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil – This organic Argan Oil has been a savior to my skin. I apply it to my skin in evenings and mix it into my foundation. No complaints about dry skin since incorporating this beauty into my routine. (product website)
YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in #8 – Of course I had to include the new YSL lipstick in my favorites this month. Loving this pale-pink shade for every day. (review)
Becca Shimmering Perfector in Opal – I received this sample along with a Becca purchase I made in December. I mix a bit into my foundation for a natural-glowing finish. I am quite in love with the results and will definitely be picking up a full-sized.
W3LL People Universalist 2 – Another sample, this one I received in a monthly subscription beauty box. This highlighter has replaced my previous favorites. I apply it to the inner corner of my eyes, brow bones, cheekbones, and cupid’s bow. The look is naturally luminous.
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink – This liner is long-lasting, always soft, and a dream to use. One of my go-tos for created a winged eyeliner look. Also great for beginners or for those with a shaky hand.
Japonesque HD Dual Sided Brush #110 – I love this brush for applying foundation. One side has natural bristles and the other has synthetic bristles. It gives me a perfect finish. (review soon)
What are some of your favorites this month?
The Rouge Volupté range of YSL lipsticks has recently expanded to include their new ‘Shine’ formula. When I first caught wind of this new release, I ran to their website, and ordered #8 (Pink in Confidence) sight unseen. I knew it would be a hit for me, so no surprise that it is!
The Rouge Volupté line now imparts luminous shine to their richly pigmented and extremely comfortable line of best-selling lipsticks. “Enhanced with fruit extracts rich in vitamins and antioxidants, it leave lips visibly softer and smoother with up to eight hours of hydration”. It also contains Hyaluronic spheres which soften lips and helps to seal in moisture.
The Rouge Volupté Shine lipstick glides on like a melting stick of butter. Perhaps even a bit more smoothly than the original and Sheer Candy versions. The comfort level is high and the formula is utterly weightless. The shine provided is just the right amount. The scent is fruity, referred to as “Mango” and I would agree. For someone sensitive to fragrance, it is a scent that I have come to love. It is truly sensory experience to apply and of my highest recommendations.
The Shine Rouge Volupté lipstick provides more pigment than the Sheer Candy and less than the original. I expect more pigmentation with other shades that are brighter and deeper than this natural pink. The color does not last as long as the original, although I am provided with hours of moisture. My lips feel incredibly nourished, a perfect lipstick for those who complain about dryness. One swipe provides sheer color and subtle shine. When layered, the color deepens and the shine increases to perfection.
left – once swipe : right – several layer
Pink in Confidence #8 is dusty pale pink with a small amount of shimmer.
YSL Rouge Volupté Shine are $34 and come in a range of 16 gorgeous shades. The only trouble is choosing just one! I already have my eyes on a few more shades.
left to right:
15 Coral Intuitive
05 Fuschia in Excess
- 17 Rose in Tension
Will you be picking up the new ‘Shine’ formula?
I already covered base in my ‘best of beauty’, now moving on to eyes and lips, this list required a bit more thought. Mascara and eyeliner were easy wins. The Bobbi Brown long-wear gel liner is a pot of gold. Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner has been a favorite for years for its lasting ability and ease of application. Nothing beats L’oreal Voluminous for giving my fine, blonde lashes intense definition. The waterproof formula is a must! Becca won me over this year with their eyeshadow palettes and eye tint in Baroque. Giorgio Armani ‘eyes to kill’ formula is a stunner for an intensely shimmering effect.
- Becca ‘Balearic Love’ Eyeshadow Palette (review)
- Becca Ultimate Eye Color Quad in Galactica (review)
- Becca Eye Tint in Baroque (review)
- Giorgio Armani ‘Eyes to Kill” #27 (review)
- MAC Eyeshadow in Woodwinked
- Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Liner in Black Ink (review to come)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in Mat Black
- L’oreal Voluminous Waterproof Volume Building Mascara in Black
- Anastasia Brow Gel in clear
- MAC Eyeshadow in Charcoal Brown
Selecting lipsticks to include for this post was easy but narrowing them down was very difficult. I have a great love for lipstick and just had to include all of my favorites. Ultimately YSL Rouge Volupte wins for formula and pigment. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils are another favorite, Dragon Girl being the best red. Buxom Big and Healthy Lip glosses are beauties.
- YSL Golden Gloss #30 (review)
- Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Polish
- Becca Ultimate Color Lip Gloss in Fallen Angel (review)
- RMS Lip and Skin Balm in Simply Vanilla (review)
What are some of your lip and eye faves of 2012?
I have a great weakness for YSL’s line of lip products, you might know this if you have followed me for some time. The shades, formulas, and finishes never disappoint. The Rouge Volupté Range might be my ultimate favorite. I can’t quite wait for the new ‘Shine‘ lipsticks for 2013. Onto the Golden Glosses, they are the ultimate for high shine and another favorite of mine.
The Golden Glosses from YSL contain real 24 carat gold flecks which create a mirror finish. It seems a bit excessive, I thought so myself, but I was quite taken back by the sparkle from the large golden flakes. My boyfriend is a big fan as well. Suspended in a high-shine formula the flecks of gold reflect the light and dazzle the eye, unlike other glosses. The gloss is a bit tacky which ultimately allows for longer wear. Once the gloss wears, it does leave a bit of a sandy feel although it is minor and not really a bother. It has the sweet scent of raspberries familiar to alot of the YSL lip products. In my personal opinion, I find the sparkle to be a bit too much for daytime, but perfect for a night out and New Year’s kisses.
YSL Golden Gloss in #30 (Golden Satin)
Golden Satin #30 is a light peachy-pink. This shade is a bit more sheer, gorgeous on its own or layered over a lipstick. Photographs can’t quite capture just how stunning this gloss is and the way it plays with light. I do highly recommend seeing it for yourself in person.
YSL Golden Gloss $30 here
Happy New Years Kisses!
Christmas is almost here and soon will come New Years! With all the parties in celebration its the perfect time to add some drama to your look or even try a whole new one. There are so many ways to amp up your look ,whether by adding some bright pops of color, some smokey eyes or shimmer from head to toe. You might have your go-to or you might find it impossible to choose.
In this look I created, I tried something new. I, personally have never wore silver eye makeup always opting for the more flattering gold instead. I always though silver was only for those with more cool-toned complexions. That is until I discovered all silvers are not created equal and by choosing a more, if you will, warm-tinged silver I could wear it too. I am hoping to pop out couple more Holiday Look posts so stay tuned.
How I created this look:
- Apply the grey silver from the Smashbox Photo Op Blue eyes palette all over the lid and into the crease using a MAC 217. Bring the color onto lower crease as well.
- Take a matte black shadow and apply it into the crease with a light hand using a pencil brush for direct placement and bring it to the upper lash line making a v-shape.
- Taking the 217 blend the matte black into the grey slightly on the outer corner of eye.
- Take a lighter silver shade and apply it to the middle of lids, inner corners, and on the middle of the bottom lash line to makes eyes pop.
- Apply Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Ink on the upper lash line and wing it out using a liner brush.
- Curl lashes and apply lots of black mascara. My favorite is Loreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara.
- Lipstick – Kate Moss for Rimmel in 14
- Gloss – YSL Golden Gloss in #50 Golden Peach
Any thoughts? What is your holiday look?
As I write this post we are having our first snow fall here in New York. It doesn’t seem that we are going to catch a break just yet. October has passed in great speed and November has come bringing the long cold nights. I miss the daylight and loathe the sensible coats but welcome the change. I have lots of new loves this past month. Although, new to me, I can see some becoming staples in my collection. I have been using these five items religiously, and would undoubtedly recommend everything.
- Chanel Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base – I have been with this product for about two months now. I love the amount of warmth this bronzer provides to my skin and am crazy for its texture. I use it just about every day for an all over tan or for creating contour to my cheekbones. This product is easy to build, from subtle color to a deeper tan. See my review here.
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in Billionaire – As a departure to your typical dark vampy shades for fall, I love this deep hunter-green from Deborah Lippmann. It is a very wearable and sophisticated color. Like all of DL’s polishes, it goes on like a dream.
- Becca Balearic Love Palette – I have been using this trio of shades daily to create a variety of looks, from a natural day-time look to a dramatic night-time look. The color’s are very flattering and very easy to create a smokey-eye look with. The shadows are easy to use and blend beautifully. I also use the lightest shade to fill in my brows. I will absolutely be checking out other Becca eye palettes in the future.
- YSL Rouge Volupte in #30 (Faubourg Peach) – I have a great weakness for YSL’s Rouge Volupte Formula. This gorgeous nude-peach has been my go-to shade. I find it very wearable. See my review.
- Becca Mineral Blush in Songbird – I picked up this blush slong with the Balearic Love Palette. Becca’s Mineral Blushes are absolutely divine. I would place it among my top 3 favorites just for formula. It provides intense color that lasts all day. Songbird is a peachy-pink shade that brings my complexion back to life.
What are some of your favorite products this past month?