Lina Hanson’s Global Face Serum will be the key player in my fall skin care lineup. This golden-hued oil was formulated to minimize fine lines and wrinkles, reduce inflammation and skin irritation, restore skin’s elasticity, and improve the overall complexion. It additionally contains an intoxicating blend of essential oils known to uplift mood, relieve anxiety and promote a sense of positive wellbeing.
Founder, Lina Hanson has traveled the globe carefully selecting all the oils featured in the Global Face Serum. Each ingredient used is sustainable, ethically sourced, and certified organic.
Ingredients: andansonia digitata (baobab) seed oil, argania spinosa (argan) nut oil*, sclerocarya birrea (marula) kernel oil*, camellia oleifera (camellia) seed oil*, cucurbita maxima (pumpkin) seed oil*, bertholletia excelsa (brazil) nut oil, tocopherol (vitamin e), citrus reticulata (mandarin) oil*, citrus aurantium amara, (neroli) oil, boswellia carteri (frankincense) oil*, cymbopogen martinii (palmarosa) oil*, cananga odorata (ylang ylang) oil*
This symphony of precious oils combine to deliver one healthy dose of hydration. After several weeks of use, my skin is singing praise by revealing an undeniable glow. My complexion seems brighter, softer and more supple. I can even admit, that I have been reaching for tinted moisturizers over my heavier foundation formulas.
Just a small amount covers the skin with a veil of luminous hydration. I apply the Serum, both morning and night, to clean, damp skin. The blend of essential oils create an intoxicating aromatic experience, which lifts your mood. The Serum works beautifully under makeup, once it has absorbed. The Global Face Serum absorbs quickly and will not leave behind any greasy residue.
When people ask me why my skin is so glowy, I say it’s the Lina Hanson Global Face Serum. I full-heartedly recommend this gem, as it has become one of my most loved serums.
Lina Hanson Global Face Serum $85
I was just about done with the entire concept of dry shampoos. I’ve tried a slew of them, often turned off by offensive odors. Then there were the times, when the powder formulas coagulated with my scalps natural oils, leaving me with a pasty residue that had me hightailing it to the nearest running tap. My hair was anything but fresh. Just as I had basically closed that book on that chapter, my beloved One Love Organics released a new dry shampoo powder, and I gave it one more go. The Healthy Locks Dry Shampoo Powder from One Love Organics has completely restored my faith in the world of dry shampoos (cue the singing angels).
First off, Healthy Locks has a subtle clean fragrance, that is utterly delightful. It contains a “unique blend of highly absorbent Georgia kaolin clay, hyaluronic acid and silica rich bamboo extract.” I shake the powder directly onto scalp, let it sit for a minute, then massage it in. I am met with instant volume, and my hair is left feeling ultimately refreshed. It’s been a huge time saver, and, to my surprise, a handbag staple. I love Dry Shampoo!
One Love Organics Healthy Locks is ‘limited edition’ summer item, so I do highly recommend picking one up before there gone.
One Love Organics Healthy Locks Dry Shampoo Powder $12 oneloveorganics.com
Do I dare say that summer is over in only a few weeks? Well, it flew by and now I am on a mission to soak it all in. Here are a few of my absolute favorite beauty products that are helping me to look my best as I do it.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Manga Waterproof Mascara - I deem the recently released Voluminous Manga mascara from L’Oreal, my new current HG of mascaras. It adds more volume and out-curls my straight limp lashes. More so than my previous favorite, the original Waterproof Voluminous. It’s completely swim-proof, I’ve tested it.
- Hourglass Ambient Blush in Dim Infusion – This peachy-coral blush gives skin a natural, believable flush, with a luminous glow. The formula is perfection, and the look, and shade are perfect on top to an already tanned complexion. (review)
- Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eye Shadow - These gorgeous shadows from Josie Maran create a stunning eye look in seconds. The formula won’t crease or budge throughout any hot summer day. (review)
- Chanel SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL Bronzing Makeup Base – I still adore this bronzer for when I already have a bit of a tan, to add some dimension. This lovely mousse-like formula is easy to blend, and feels like nothing on. (review)
- Juara Candlenut Perfume Oil – My go-to fragrance for the summer. It smells of a tropical breeze. (review)
- Nars Tinted Moisturizer - Hands down the best TM I’ve ever tried and an all-time favorite. St. Moritz is the shade that keeps my glowing all summer long. (review)
- Coola spf 30 Cucumber Face Moisturizing Sunscreen – The Ultimate summer necessity, in an chemical-free and organic formula. (review)
- Clarins Sunscreen Stick – I still haven’t found anything better for protecting my lips and nose.
- Gressa Bare Lip Boost – I’m all about easy balms for the summer. This ‘lip boost’ from Gressa is the perfect light pink to add a touch of color, while intensely hydrating the lips. (review)
- Lina Hanson Global Baby Oil – I love this fragrance-free oil for summer. It absorbs instantly, which was a must in the heat. It’s also great for sensitive skin and won’t attract any unwanted pests. (review)
- Kahina Argan Oil – Forever a favorite, and a saviour for dry patches, cuticles, hair and whatever else. (review)
- Wedderspoon Queen of the Hive Manuka Honey Lip Balm in Peppermint - An amazing lip balm with Manuka Honey for soothe dry lips overnight.
- S.W. Basics of Brooklyn Toner - I talk about this toner ALOT. I adore what it does from my skin. It’s also great for a boost post workout, or just when you’re sitting around sweating you’re a** off. (review)
- Kerastase Spray a Porter – For the ultimate beach hair, this texturizer won’t make hair dry or crunchy but essentially the opposite.
Tell me your Summer Faves!
*Hat from Madewell, Bikini Top from Athleta
Posted in Favorite Products, Haircare, Makeup/Nails, Monthly Favorites, Skincare
Tagged beauty, blush, favorites, hair, lip balm, mascara, oil, perfume, skin care, summer, sunscreen
Josie Maran’s recently released Coconut Watercolor Eye Shadow is an absolute must-have. These coconut water, and argan oil infused liquid shadows come in a selection of six beautiful shades. They easily create a fuss-free makeup look that is fresh, dewy and perfect for summer.
(l-r) Rio De Rose Gold – Beach Sand – Playa Del Pink
The Watercolor shadows apply liquid and stay wet long enough to blend to perfection. Just dab the applicator directly to the lid and blend with your fingertip. It’s easy to gain a soft wash of color or a more dramatic look by monitoring the amount you apply. Once the formula dries down, you’re left with a smudge-proof finish that won’t budge or settle into creases. The metallic wet-effect is utterly dazzling and makes the eyes sparkle.
Rio De Rose Gold (pictured)
(l-f) Rio De Rose Gold – Beach Sand – Playa Del Pink
Use one shade on the entire lid for an easy wash of color, or layer the shades for a more defined look.
Josie Maran Watercolor Eyeshadow $18
Acne can certainly be a pain to treat. I’ve suffered only minor break-outs throughout my adolescence, only to later have a bad bout of it in my mid-twenties. I was left frustrated as I trialed through a countless assortment of over the counter and prescription strength creams, to no avail. It wasn’t until I switched up my skin care routine to include all natural treatments and remedies, with the inclusion of a skin cleansing machine, that I cleared my skin up. Through my love for skin care and fondness for sampling new products, I feel I’ve perfected my clear-skin routine. I know this method works because if I slip up on my routine, my skin reacts instantly, but that’s ok because I got it covered. I’m hoping that though my experience I can help you to find your acne solution.
Shea Terra Argan Oil & Acacia Honey Api-Therapy Facial Wash – I discovered this product through a subscription sampling service. After a few days of use, I was blown away by how clear it made my skin. If I’m ever without it, my skin reacts almost instantly. I use this gentle cleanser in the mornings and in the evenings with a Clarisonic, after I’ve removed my makeup. (see my review) (buy)
S.W. Basics of Brooklyn Toner – This toner alone has tuned me into a ACV devotee. I attribute this 5-ingredient all-natural toner for keeping my skin calm and my PH in check. (see my review) (buy)
The All Purpose Treatment
Wedderspoon 100% Raw Manuka Honey Active 16+ - If you haven’t already, its time to get on the Manuka Honey bandwagon. Wedderspoon’s Manuka Honey works wonders as a spot treatment for blemishes. Any break-out will literally be gone overnight without a trace. You won’t be left with any unsightly redness or dryness, as with your typical spot treatments. Manuka Honey works beautifully as a face mask, not only to keep break-outs away, but also to intensely hydrate and nourish the skin. I also use it for a quick cleanse in the mornings alone, or mixed in with an exfoliating powder. Since witnessing the miracle this ingredient has done to my skin, I’ve actually starting consuming it regularly. (buy)
Lina Hanson’s beloved line of Global Serums for the face and body have recently expanded to include a little something special for your little someone special. The Global Baby Serum was developed specifically for the sensitive skin of a newborn and is free of fragrance and nut oils, in case of allergies. The serum additionally contains ingredients known to increase skin’s elasticity and to treat stretch marks, making it perfect for new and expecting mothers.
The Global Baby Serum contains only the gentlest oils of natural and organic origin, so they are perfect for sensitive skin. Watermelon Seed Oil (Kalahari Oil) is this serum’s featured ingredient. This prized oil contains high levels of vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids, which help the skin to restore and maintain its elasticity. Watermelon Seed Oil also works to eliminate toxins from the skin, and assists in the removal of excess sebum, making it suitable for the treatment of cradle cap.
In addition, Global Baby Serum contains safflower seed oil, jojoba seed oil, sunflower seed oil, camellia seed oil, apricot kernel oil and grape seed oil. The serum provides intense hydration to even the driest skin, without leaving behind any greasy residue. It absorbs quickly, to both wet and/or dry skin, leaving behind the softest skin. The serum’s ability to absorb into the skin so quickly, makes it a great option for the warmer months. I would recommend this oil to anyone young or old. I am personally already addicted to this fragrance-free body serum for myself. I have every intention of spoiling all the mom’s and moms-to-be in my life with this gorgeous creation from Lina Hanson.
Lina Hanson Global Baby Serum $35
Summer is officially here! But, before you throw on that bikini, or don a shorter hemline, its time to get our skin into its best shape yet. Here is my personal recipe for your softest skin ever!
Exfoliation is key to achieve to achieving softer, smoother skin. Take up dry-brushing to slough off dry skin and to promote blood circulation. I am also a fan on bath gloves for easy in-shower exfoliation. I like to thoroughly exfoliate with a heavy hand twice a week. Add in a good scrub with lots of oils in between. Once I have thoroughly scoured and scrubbed, I slather on a mixture of coconut oil and Waxelene. Afterwards, throw on a terry robe and allow yourself some downtime to let the mixture absorb into the skin. Follow up with a body oil, like One Love Organic for Elizabeth Dehn’s Active Moisture Body Serum, to add a healthy dewy glow. Or, try Prtty Peaushun Skin Tight Body Lotion to conceal minor imperfections and to add an enviable radiance. Repeat.
What are your summer skin favorites?