- The next best this to a crackling fireplace is a Dyptique Feu de Bois Candle. In the Photophore Set, this essential winter fragrance is paired along with a decorative hand-made glass photophore. $160 diptyqueparis.com
- The Kahina Giving Beauty Glow Box is a ‘limited edition’ set that features three best-sellers to have you glowing from head-to-toe. It contains Kahina’s infamous Argan Oil, an exfoliating Lavender Rosemary soap, and the aromatic FEZ Body Oil. $75 beautyhabit.com
- A cool-mist humidifier is a must during the dry winter months. The harsh cold weather and indoor heating can be damaging to the skin. Help your complexion and promote well-being with the Broksonic Hybrid Ultrasonic Humidifier and Diffuser. It’s as chic as it is functional. $125 brookstone.com
- Deeply nourish skin with the precious oils found in Lina Hanson Global Body Serum. $63 spiritbeautylounge.com
- A sure win for the skin savvy is the May Lindstrom Skin The Problem Solver. This deep-cleaning corrective mask deeply cleanses the skin like no other and is worth ever penny. $90 ecodivabeauty.com
- The Queen of the Hive Face Contour Cream is a fabulous hydrating and firming cream. Myself, as well as my mother, are firm believers in its benefits. $79.99 wedderspoon.com
- Send someone off to a ‘Tropical Getaway’ with this gift set from Elizabeth Dehn for One Love Organics. It features a the very popular Vitamin B Enzyme Cleansing Oil, Vitamin C Body Oil and yet to be released Vitamin C Body Oil. #lovesmellslikepineapples $129 oneloveorganics.com
- The One Love Organics ‘Master the Art of Double Cleansing’ Gift Set is one of several lovely gift sets available from One Love Organics for the Holidays. It features three of their best-selling products, including the Easy Does it Foaming Cleanser, Skin Saviour Balm, and their Rose Clay Cleansing Sponge. A great set for a skin-care newbie. $39 oneloveorganics.com
- Gressa Skin Dirty Pretty Things is a fabulous clay mask with herbs, antioxidants and warming spices. It’s a luxurious treat for those who love to pamper themselves ($45). The Lip Boosts are an another fabulous gifting option from Gressa Skin. These all natural lip balms all loaded with amazing ingredients and saturated in color. Aux Rouge is a rich red that flatters all skin types. $26 gressaskin.com
- The BKR Water Bottle is the current must-have accessory. These glass containers feature a silicone grip and come in a wide selection of trendy shades. $25 neimanmarcus.com
- This sweet satin Cat Eye Mask is an adorable gift for travel and cap naps. $24 catbirdnyc.com
- A Petit Vour Subscription sends monthly luxury skin care and cosmetics to your home. Petit Vour Box features an amazing selection of brands that never disappoint. Pick your monthly plan for a range of prices. petitvour.com
- The S.W. Basics Lip Balms are the bomb. This ‘Flight Set’ features four that are sure to please. $15 swbasicsofbk.com
- The Captain Blankenship Rosemary & Lemongras Sugar Scrub is an all-in-one scrub for face, body, and lips. It has a fresh scent and is simply ‘the best’. $25 captainblankenship.com
- Go ahead and ‘wow’ someone with this soap set from Osmia Organics. Pick and choose four for $49. osmiaorganics.com
La Bella Figura Beauty is ‘more than makeup’. It’s skin care first, with the added element of color. The Radiant Crème blush from LBF is brimming with an exquisite selection of nourishes oils and waxes, and anti-aging antioxidants. As you apply your blush, you can be certain that your treating your skin with the finest all-natural and organic ingredients.
Ingredients: Camellia Oleifera (Camellia Seed Oil)*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Trichilia Emetica (Marfura) Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Butter, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Cetearly Olivate (and) Sorbitan Olivate (Olive Wax), Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Wax, Maranta Arundinacea (Arrowroot) Powder, Kaolinite (White Clay) Powder, Opuntia Ficus Indica (Barbary Fig) Seed Oil*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Extract, Terminalia Ferinandiana (Kakadu Plum) Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit Oil, Schisandra Sphenanthera (Schisandra) Fruit CO2 Extract, Bertholletia Excelsa Flower Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower CO2 Extract*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract*, May Contain-(+/-Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491, (Mica) CI 77019
The Radiant Crème blush in Disco Queen Gloria has a sublime creamy texture that blends out beautifully. It adds moisture to the skin, as well as a healthy dose of radiance. Disco Queen Gloria is a stunning rose shade with subtle golden shimmer. The blush easily builds for a more dramatic effect. The textural result is natural with luminous pigment. With a combination of natural essential oils, the Cream blush has a lovely calming fragrance that smells, of well, skin care. Feel free to apply the cream blush anywhere. It wears beautifully on eyes and lips as well.
Disco Queen Gloria is my first indulgence into the world of La Bella Figura Beauty and will certainly not be my last. The Cream blush is a pure gem.
(wearing Disco Queen Gloria on cheeks, on eyes over a red-brown shadow, and on lips over RMS Lip to Cheek in Illusive)
Disco Queen Gloria $36
- Loving Porter Magazine which is loaded with stunning visuals.
- I’ve upped the ante in my exfoliation routine and have seen great results. Powdered exfoliants are my favorite and One Love Organic’s Brand New Day is a top pick. It’s gentle enough for daily use and contains pineapple enzymes for added exfoliating benefits.
- Kahina’s Fez serum, or just “the Fez” as I call it, is like wrapping yourself in a warm blanket. It’s moisturizing benefits are substantial and its fragrance, intoxicating.
- I’ve suddenly taken to lip pencils, just like that. In the past I often omitted this step for fear of looking too ‘overdone’. However, as of recent, I’ve been quit keen on MAC Cosmetics Lip Liner in Oak.
- The Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Champagne, which I recently reviewed, is a top pick for fall.
- The Kjaer Weis brand blows my mind with its ingenious ingredients, performance, and textures. A little bit goes a long way with their cream blushes. I’ve been wearing the shade Abundance regularly this fall season. It’s a stunning plummy taupe with a subtle iridescent finish. (review)
- Off the topic of beauty, I had to share my love for Athleta’s Beloved Bralette. It has cups for added shaping (no uni-boob) and gorgeous back detailing.
- The NAILS INC. Gel Effect Polish is a lovely formula that applies with ease. Kensington High Street is a rich deep burgundy.
Bite Beauty packs a ton of pigment into their Matte Crème Lip Crayons. This creamy matte lip color contains Bite’s powerhouse antioxidant Resveratrol, along with nourishing jojoba and castor seed oils, shea butter, and orange peel wax. These Lip Crayon’s don’t budge, even through meals, while maintaining a creamy texture through hours a wear.
The Matte Crème Lip Crayons glides across lips with ease, delivering bold color in one swipe. They have a bit of a waxy feel on the lips, which is expected for a long-wearing matte. With tons of moisturizing oils, the Crayon’s don’t dry out lips. As with most Bite Beauty products, the lipstick has a deliciously fruity scent that doesn’t linger.
The shade Léche is a warm dusty pink that would flatter many skin tones. The Matte Crème Crayons are perfect for a long night out, without the need for a touch-up.
Wearing the Matte Crème Lip Crayon under the Bite Beauty Champagne Agave Lip Mask.
Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon $24
When Bite Beauty first released their original Agave Lip Mask, I was somewhat curious, although thrown off by use of the term ‘mask’ in a lip product. Then they released the Agave Lip Mask in Champagne, added in pink tones and golden shimmer, that is when I took a closer look. I sampled the product in store and was met with a gorgeous golden, shimmering sheen that kept my lips moist for hours after application. I picked the Lip Mask up the next day at my local Sephora.
So, the Agave Lip Mask is basically a balm, an extraordinary one at that. It’s quite thick (although not tacky) which I believe aids in its ability to last through hours of wear. This natural formula nourishes lips with bio-active blend of organic agave nectar, jojoba oil, vanilla CO2 extract, and the antioxidant trans-resveratrol found in red wine. It’s incredibly moisturizing and perfect for the upcoming colder temperatures.
Champagne is a rose gold shimmer that looks beautiful when worn alone or over any lipstick. It doesn’t provide much on my lips in terms of color, although it does deliver a golden-shimmer effect. I especially love to wear it on top of Bite Beauty’s Matte Crème Lip Crayons. I recommend strategically squeezing the aluminum tube from the bottom up, so as not to waste any product.
Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Champagne $26
available at sephora.com
Set the mood this season with ever delightful fragrances for the home from skinny skinny®, created by aromatherapist extraordinaire, Clara Williams. With a selection of all-natural clean burning soy candles, and aromatherapeutic room sprays created from pure organic essential oils, skinnyskinny® will help keep you calm, cool, and collected at home.
Created from all-natural soy wax and organic essential oils, the skinnyskinny® candles burn clean for 45+ plus hours. Cypress is a woodsy scent that is fresh, uplifting and more subtle than say, pine. The Cypress Soy Candle* releases a light fragrance that won’t overpower the home. It’s the perfect fall companion. Add in a book, a fleece blanket, a
bottle of red wine cup of hot tea, and we’ve got bliss!
The Aromatherapeutic Organic Room Spray in 268* is the signature fragrance of the skinnyskinny® Brooklyn store front *notes to plan a visit*. It contains the all-natural and organic essential oils of peppermint, rosemary, lavender, geranium and lemongrass. This ingenious combination of oils are said to be calming, grounding and strengthening, while I might add in uplifting as well. I simply adore this room spray and deem it a necessary home companion. It sits beside me as I work and read. I also find it beneficial in aiding in the practice of meditation.
See more at skinnyskinny.com
*samples generously provided